• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I wish we knew more about Regigigas, like why did it create the Regis? It sounds like there was a clear purpose to it. I mean, I suppose it could be that, due to being so close to humans and other Pokemon, it wanted to reproduce. Or maybe it wanted to give people something to help defend them.
I wonder if it was just out of curiosity, for fun, etc. since Regidrago is outright noted to have been an experiment (an experiment that Regigigas apparently didn't think out all that well given it ran out of material long before it was supposed to be done).

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If Max Soup only works on starters, I'm hoping it works for the Kanto starters too. I caught a Bulbasaur during the Mewtwo event that I've spent the past few months raising into a Venusaur, so I'd like to Gigantamax it rather than training a new one based on the trailers.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Regidrago and Regieleki were created after Regigigas got bored of binge watching Tiger King and playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but there was nothing else to do on a Satrday afternoon during Covid-19 lockdown. Regigigas didn't really want to stand in line for seven hours to get McDonald's you see, and it was trying to stay off social media and avoid watching the news to preserve its own mental health, so it was just like "I know! I'll make some Electric and Dragon-type bros!"

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It wouldn't surprise me if they dived a little deeper into Regigigas' lore as a way to justify the existence of the new Regis.
it could also be a great way to explain how Regigigas got the Slow Start Ability in its lore. Something like it divided its own powers over the elements so much that it now needs to take its time to recover its own strength.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I have thought up of an Ability that allows the user to ignore Protecting moves and we now have an offical one in Unseen Fist, albeit restricted to contact moves. Dynamax Adventures provides an interesting take on the usual Max Raid Battles but hopefully it is not multiplayer only....or near impossible if you are stuck with AI team-mates. Nice to see Dragalge and Scyther now confirmed to be returning though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
it could also be a great way to explain how Regigigas got the Slow Start Ability in its lore. Something like it divided its own powers over the elements so much that it now needs to take its time to recover its own strength.

I don't think it really needs anymore of an explanation than what we already have. It's a giant robot-like lifeform that slept completely immobile for thousands of years, so it has a tough time getting moving after "reactivating." Think about how older computers run slower when they're first booted up. It's not explicit lore, but I would say it's pretty obviously implied.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't think it really needs anymore of an explanation than what we already have. It's a giant robot-like lifeform that slept completely immobile for thousands of years, so it has a tough time getting moving after "reactivating." Think about how older computers run slower when they're first booted up. It's not explicit lore, but I would say it's pretty obviously implied.
That what I mean. The lore could say how people outside of the Galar region think Regigigas lost most of its powers creating the original three Regi but it was actually drained out from creating two more forgotten Regi.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know looking at the lore given for Regieleki and Regidrago it almost seems to imply that they could have form changes that also make them stronger or they have left the door open for the possibility.

If anything, it's probably for Gigantimax forms. Seems a little obvious, now that it's mentioned, Regieleki growing giant once unhindered by insulators, and Regidrago becoming the head of a massive statue.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wish we knew more about Regigigas, like why did it create the Regis? It sounds like there was a clear purpose to it. I mean, I suppose it could be that, due to being so close to humans and other Pokemon, it wanted to reproduce. Or maybe it wanted to give people something to help defend them.
Sinnoh Remakes, son!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
With new regis, that means we can finally do a full regi team!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Eh, I'm feeling like the content will be disappointing as always. They're putting a lot of focus on the new Pokemon and forms, and there's not a lot of sidequests or extra features being covered, that doesn't bode well as far as these expansions extending the replay value. It sounds like the DLC is basically just going to be 2 extra Wild Areas and little else. I mean the open areas are fun for like, an hour, then it just devolves into a tedious grind of Max Raid battles. And really, a Battle Tree clone in Wyndon Stadium? That's your big idea for a "new" battle facility?

We sorely need better sidequests again. Things like Contests, Secret Bases, Join Avenue, some kind of fun diversion that has some kind of actual goal you can work towards. And we need battle facilities that actually have unique mechanics and rules, not just generic Battle Tower types of places. Those kinds of activities coming back would go a long way towards quieting the cries of "NO CONTENT!" towards the recent games.

Also, was it specified whether or not Max Soup permanently allows eligible Pokemon to Gigantamax or do you have to get one every battle you want it to Gigantamax? If it's the latter, that's going to be really annoying.

Marzbar

If Max Soup only works on starters, I'm hoping it works for the Kanto starters too. I caught a Bulbasaur during the Mewtwo event that I've spent the past few months raising into a Venusaur, so I'd like to Gigantamax it rather than training a new one based on the trailers.
I’m sorry but I have to ask this. How has it taken you months to raise a Bulbasaur to a Venusaur..... have you just beaten 1 Rookidee on Route 1 once per day in that time? Or you forgot about exp candy, rare candy and exp share? I’m baffled

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Eh, I'm feeling like the content will be disappointing as always. They're putting a lot of focus on the new Pokemon and forms, and there's not a lot of sidequests or extra features being covered, that doesn't bode well as far as these expansions extending the replay value. It sounds like the DLC is basically just going to be 2 extra Wild Areas and little else. I mean the open areas are fun for like, an hour, then it just devolves into a tedious grind of Max Raid battles. And really, a Battle Tree clone in Wyndon Stadium? That's your big idea for a "new" battle facility?

To be fair, Pokémon almost always puts pretty much all of its pre-release focus on new Pokémon and forms. I agree that we need more than the Wild Area 2.0 and a small group of new forms for this DLC to be truly worthwhile, but I wouldn't say

Also, was it specified whether or not Max Soup permanently allows eligible Pokemon to Gigantamax or do you have to get one every battle you want it to Gigantamax? If it's the latter, that's going to be really annoying.

I would assume it's permanent. Nothing's really been said that would imply it isn't, and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't outright say, or at least hint, that that's the case if it is.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m sorry but I have to ask this. How has it taken you months to raise a Bulbasaur to a Venusaur..... have you just beaten 1 Rookidee on Route 1 once per day in that time? Or you forgot about exp candy, rare candy and exp share? I’m baffled
Because I didn’t rush to level it up & I purposely held off evolving it at certain stages. I wanted to take my time as if I was doing a playthrough rather than easily making it a Venusaur in one day

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Speak for yourself. The Wild Area is my favorite part of the game, and having two more areas just like it - especially larger areas - is reason enough for me to have the DLC.

They didn't even have to add the new pokemon, storyline, characters, or even the clothes. The areas alone would've been great for me. Everything else is just one hell of a bonus!