• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Completed the second trial involving the Max Mushrooms, still have one left to go before I think Kubfu will be entrusted to me. It is also a bit humorous wearing the Poison Uniform alongside Karla for the cutscenes on Isle of Armour.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
Anyone know what Max Honey does? Got one in a Combee raid.

"Honey that Dynamax Vespiquen produces. Adding this honey to Max Soup makes it taste very smooth. It also has the same effect as a Max Revive"

I get the Max Revive in the field use, but I do t have Max Mushrooms at the moment to see if it does something to Max Soup

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Got my Urshufu. Didn't really bond as much with Kubfu as I would have hoped. Ran around the Isle to 4 points and it liked me. Then shugged it full of candies and I as good to tackle the Tower of Darkness. Might feel different about him in a new playthrough, where you need Kubfu in your party and can complete the Tower after you beat Leon. Then you've bonded with him over the region. And you would'v hit lvl 70 after the main game eventually.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm not rushing it. Taking it slow and exploring every corner for Diglett, items, TMs and capturing every Pokémon I see. Following Pokémon is one of the key features why I believe DLC worth every penny.

EiwA7zM.png

5t52g7B.png

nASReIF.png

Bill the Typhlosion

I was able to get a Modest Sobble from Pokemon Home with its hidden ability! Is Modest a good nature or should I try to breed for a Timid one? I am trying to use it for Gmax Inteleon.

I personally prefer Timid, but it's up to you.

I'd stick with the Modest one - you can always use a Timid Mint on it later if you decide you want a bit more speed.

MisterMew151

I think this is just a coincidence but a lot of people noted how the unnamed character in the Crown portions looks kind of like Chairman Rose. Similar skin color, eye color, beards, facial structure, body-type, hair color and apparently the fact that GameFreak never named the character has some people thinking that the man in the orange suit could be related to Chairman Rose. I think it's a coincidence to be honest because GameFreak is experimenting in creatively reusing models similar to how Capcom does for Monster Hunter or Atlas does for the Persona series but at the same time, I can see the resemblance between the two.
He was named peony.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I dont know if anyone asked this but how do i register my pokemon in the IOA dex. I transferred some from home but it still doesnt give me the dex entry

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Has anyone found the den that has Rockruff in it?

NickyG

Hey guys I have been trying to use the new Battle Tower NPC to make it so my transferred pokemon are usable in ranked battles. So far I tried Gigalith and he said it worked and it was given the mark that I assume is supposed to make it compatible with ranked battles but when I try to register a team with the Gigalith the game says that Gigalith can't be used. Anyone else have this problem/ know a solution?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Has anyone found the den that has Rockruff in it?
Maybe it's one of those dens that gpes away after a certain level and just gets replaced with its evolved form.

vaporeon89

power of vapor
So now Rockruff evolves just depending on daytime, right? Version don't matter this generation?

Ultra Beast Lover

So how exactly do they do the whole bonding with Kubfu thing? Do you go on quests with it or just befriend it like other Pokemon?

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So how exactly do they do the whole bonding with Kubfu thing? Do you go on quests with it or just befriend it like other Pokemon?
You befriend it like any other Pokemon.

I just shoved a bunch of friend berries in its mouth and called it a day.

Ultra Beast Lover

You befriend it like any other Pokemon.

I just shoved a bunch of friend berries in its mouth and called it a day.
Disappointing, I'm glad they did something with a legendary and let you bond with it but I would've liked if it was more than that like you go on a bunch of sidequests that deepen your bond with Kubfu.

I would've also liked if both expansions were the origin story to how the player and Hop became friends. It works, kind of. The plot could be that the player was dropped off at the Dojo to train, Hop is there to but he doesn't get a Kubfu, just his Wooloo. Over your time training Kubfu you become close with Hop until it eventually ends. The next expansion could further elaborate on this, like you both take jobs as researchers until you come face to face with whatever that expansion is about.