• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Sarefan

Hylden General.
So how exactly do they do the whole bonding with Kubfu thing? Do you go on quests with it or just befriend it like other Pokemon?
I just game it a soothe bell, ran around the island giving him some exp and went to the "!" marks on the map. After 4 spots, it got a message we became best friends.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Not sure if this has been mentioned, (and I'm not even sure if this is correct), but it appears the Eject Pack is single-use now. Again, I don't know if this is from the new update, or it is just some glitch or something that made mine disappear after one use post-update.
I was in a regular wild battle (not a battle facility or even against another trainer) when it activated (and then disappeared). I am certain I have had this particular one through many battles, including the Battle Tower, regular trainer battles, and regular wild battles.
Anyone know anything about this?

Player 4

So I’ve completed my armor pokedex, completed the main story, got my galarian slowbro, found all the digletts. What’s next? Is that really the end of the DLC? I thought we were getting new legendary birds? Also, very mad they left Darkrai out. I know he may he added when the crown tundra comes out but still...

Nave

Not happy that Poltergeist is 90% accurate. For the first time in over 26 years, a ghost move is less than 100% accurate. Is nothing sacred anymore? Can we not have that little bit of tradition?! I didn’t ask for the move, but I’ll be damned if we’re going to penalize our conventions for a buck. I don’t even know what games we’re playing anymore.

lol
And here I was thinking it was the single turn Ghost move people were waiting for.

tiger_Fox

ive noticed an annoying camera glitch; it seems like any barrier (ledges, sides of bridges, etc) on the isle is treated by the camera as if its a solid wall it shouldnt see through, and so it zooms in bizarrely any time you approach any sort of ledge

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks

tiger_Fox

Has anyone noticed theres a mark with a crown on the right side of the map but isnt an accessible island?
ive noticed that too, its not any separate area but it is an accessible islet in the workout sea and its got a bunch of ditto on it, among other pokemon. because of the crown im wondering if itll be somehow connected to the crown tundra

Baggie_Saiyan

Two hours exactly in and I realise I haven't even finished the first trial for the dojo haha.

Although wish it dropped on a Friday. Wednesday is too weird not enough time during the weekdays for me. Oh well.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been playing through the Isle of Armour for a bit now, here are a few of my thoughts:

1) Honey is the second best female character in all of Generation 8. Sonia is still the best but Honey comes really close. She's just so sweet and wholesome and I lover her! Klara was okay until she threatened to kill me. Still I do like her expressions and some of her dialogue ("The squeeky wheel gets the grease!" after she whines about not having a dojo uniform).
2) The surroundings looks so much better than the standard Wild Area, I like all of the little details like he flowers around the trees and the fallen logs in the wetlands. It feels more like a real place than anywhere on Mainland Galar.
3) The character dialogue is great, there's a lot of genuinely funny one-liners and gags in there ("Wait, why is there a max capaity in this dojo?"), I found myself giggling throughout.
4) I like the Alola Diglett side quest, while the Digletts themselves are a bit of a pain to find, the gift Pokemon you get as rewards are totally worth the time and effort you have to put in.
5) Speaking of which, I'm really happy that there are opportunities to get not only the Alola forms and Starters, but the original versions of any Pokemon with a Galarian form like Weezing and Farfetch'd. It's much appreciated!
6) Those Move Tutor moves all sound great, but most of my Pokemon can't learn any of them, so it looks like I'm saving up My Armorite for now.
7) Honey Mustard. Heh.

Player 4

Hey Guys so I have a question I can not find any answer to. I have in my possession a shiny Zarude, Urshifu, and Zeraora. They were given to me from a random trade via Pokémon home. If I use them in game in max raid battles will I get banned? I don’t plan on using them in competitive play because A.) not fair and B.) asking for a ban, but can I use them in max raid battles? What are your thoughts.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hey Guys so I have a question I can not find any answer to. I have in my possession a shiny Zarude, Urshifu, and Zeraora. They were given to me from a random trade via Pokémon home. If I use them in game in max raid battles will I get banned? I don’t plan on using them in competitive play because A.) not fair and B.) asking for a ban, but can I use them in max raid battles? What are your thoughts.
As long as you are not using them online, you probably won't get banned, is what I'd assume.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wouldn’t use them during anything involving online connection. Pokémon League Championship battles should be okay but that’s it. Chances are if GF and Nintendo see you using these online, they’ll ban you immediately without caring what your explanation is.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Using them in any form of online play, whether it be Raids, Trades or Battles, is definitely not recommended. You’re better off releasing them as they’re 100% hacked and getting caught with them could get you in trouble.

Player 4

Using them in any form of online play, whether it be Raids, Trades or Battles, is definitely not recommended. You’re better off releasing them as they’re 100% hacked and getting caught with them could get you in trouble.

Makes sense, I know I’ve used hacked Pokémon before, obtained on accident Via random trades, and nothing happened but I assumed that was because there was a way for GF/Nintendo to tell how they were obtained but I’ve stared reading otherwise. Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Player 4

Just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Requiem Aeternam, Captain Jigglypuff, and thewanderingmist for the replies to my last question. Huge help, thanks again guys. Great community here!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I actually enjoyed the Isle of Armor more than I thought I would. The Isle of Armor has a more varied topography and there are actually side quests to do while there.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Makes sense, I know I’ve used hacked Pokémon before, obtained on accident Via random trades, and nothing happened but I assumed that was because there was a way for GF/Nintendo to tell how they were obtained but I’ve stared reading otherwise. Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.
For normal Pokémon it can be hard to tell as it’s possible to get them via normal gameplay. A 6IV shiny Charizard for example is highly unlikely but possible so it’s unlikely you’ll be banned for having one as long as its moves, ability etc are all normal. For things like Shiny Zarude, Zeraora and Urshifu, none of these can be legitimately obtained, I don’t even think Zarude can be obtained at all at the moment, so these are obvious hacks and will be caught.

Charizard7316

On the topic of hacked pokemon- what happens if someone breeds a hacked ditto with a legitimately found Mon? Is the offspring considered hacked and a risk to use online (assuming it has all legal moves, abilities, etc.)?