• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I never got why Ireland not getting to be the inspiration of a region was a bad thing. It’s obviously different from the UK yes but it isn’t anymore deserving of being a new region’s inspiration just like every other city/state/province/country.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I could see them return Hidden Power as a DLC exclusive move. Possibly expanded to be able to be Normal or Fairy typed.
They'd need to rewrite the way Hidden Power calculates its type for either to be possible, which to be fair would be a good thing in and of itself. I think Normal-type Hidden Power is kind of redundant and unnecessary though. Normal doesn't offer great coverage, hitting absolutely nothing for super-effective damage, and nothing would really have any use for a 60 BP Normal move. Plus Round already exists, with the added bonus of being a sound move that ignores Substitute.
If we get D/P remakes after this Expansion pass, they'll need to bring Hidden Power back since it's the only move that Unown knows.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If we get D/P remakes after this Expansion pass, they'll need to bring Hidden Power back since it's the only move that Unown knows.
I don’t think the mechanics of Hidden Power to add the other types should change. That would have the (un)intended consequence of changing Hidden Power Ice to say Hidden Power Dragon for instance. But even if there is DPP remakes on the Switch I believe they will release that move and others in waves with the expansion and Pokémon updates.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So how high do you see the chances of battling Mustard and maybe Sonia in the expansions?

Also do you think we will get another villain? I can totally see the expedition head as a bad guy in end game, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Also, since some speculate Klara/Avery might be using a Galarian Slowpoke what if for the task in IoA our only Pokemon is Kubfu (until the missions are completed) which is on a natural disadvantage against G-Slowpoke?
I personally would prefer Trainers with Pokemon with 60+ or even 70+ level Pokemon but it seems a bit hard to imagine.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don’t think the mechanics of Hidden Power to add the other types should change. That would have the (un)intended consequence of changing Hidden Power Ice to say Hidden Power Dragon for instance. But even if there is DPP remakes on the Switch I believe they will release that move and others in waves with the expansion and Pokémon updates.

One thing they could do is simply decouple Hidden Power's type from IVs. Instead of the type being based on the Pokemon's IVs, it could simply be randomly generated for all new Pokemon. Older Pokemon being transferred from previous games would have their Hidden Power type assigned based on their IVs so it doesn't change, and perhaps new items could be introduced (maybe type-based crystals from the Underground?) that would allow you to change a Pokemon's Hidden Power type, similar to how you can effectively change Natures with mints.

That being said I don't think it's really necessary. Hidden Power Normal is completely redundant with Round, which already isn't a move that anything really uses, and Hidden Power Fairy would be an extremely niche pick at best for things that really want to hit, like, Hydreigon hard.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
If I get the expansion pads, when can I start using it? Do I have to finish the main game first?

I assume so, yes. You'll be under Mustard's apprentice, Leon's former mentor, which I believe you need to have that reputation first in order to be acknowledged by him. If not, it probably is after once you reach the Wild Area.

Sponge

I hope that all the legendaries (old ones) are not version exclusive.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were legendary raids exclusive to each version...but you'll be able to access them by connecting online with others. (like how raid battles currently work)

I don't want to necessarily give up any hopes, but I'm wondering if the Crowned Tundra will have more than 100 registered Pokemon in it.

There are over 30 legendaries documented already, so that wouldn't leave a whole lot in the charted area.
I can almost see an increase in the Pokedex size to accommodate for this.

Well it did say that each part has 100+ Pokemon.

I could see the Crown Tundra having more regular Pokemon to compensate for all the legendaries. (So for example Isle of Armor is like 110-120 while Crown Tundra is like 130-140)

After all you can't buy each part separately so I don't think anyone could complain about one part getting more Pokemon than the other.

I assume so, yes. You'll be under Mustard's apprentice, Leon's former mentor, which I believe you need to have that reputation first in order to be acknowledged by him. If not, it probably is after once you reach the Wild Area.

I think it was stated that you could access the expansion pass content as soon as you reach the Wild Area for the first time. (because they want it to be accessible to both new and existing players)

Which brings up the question of how they're going to stop new players from becoming overpowered in the main story if they take a detour to play through the expansion pass as soon as they reach the wild area.

Last edited:

JW1004

I wonder how it will work, you can't catch Pokémon above a certain level if you don't have a certain amount of badges in the Wild area, so either they have to adjust the available Pokémon or it will be odd. Also I wonder if we can reach the complete area or if things will become available again when you reach a certain amount of badges. I doubt you will be able to face legendaries with 1 badge in the Tundra for example.

Lugia88

I wonder how it will work, you can't catch Pokémon above a certain level if you don't have a certain amount of badges in the Wild area, so either they have to adjust the available Pokémon or it will be odd. Also I wonder if we can reach the complete area or if things will become available again when you reach a certain amount of badges. I doubt you will be able to face legendaries with 1 badge in the Tundra for example.

I'm also wondering how the legendary dens will work also wondering if the game will allow us to save before fighting them.

Poke Trainer J

Anyone here know what the expiration date for these DLC expansion passes will be?

Game Freak hasn't said anything about it when this was announced on the last Pokémon Direct.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Anyone here know what the expiration date for these DLC expansion passes will be?

Game Freak hasn't said anything about it when this was announced on the last Pokémon Direct.
DLC hardly, if ever, doesn’t “expires”. Nigh-permanent!

Poke Trainer J

The only time a DLC will expire is when online services go down. Which probably won't be for a long while.
That's good I was starting to worry.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The only time a DLC will expire is when online services go down. Which probably won't be for a long while.
I'd say there won't be an expiration until deep into Generation 10 or even 11 (assuming there is one) when Nintendo has created a new console and stopped making games and content updates for the Switch, so you'll likely get a good few years of playthroughs from Isle of Armour/Crown Tundra. While not exactly the same thing, Global Link was introduced in Gen V and stuck around for almost a full decade before being discontinuted, and PokeBank has been around for six years and will probably not stop until deep into Pokemon Home's lifespan.

Fraggarf333

Sorry for this Newbie question in advance!

My 8yr old child just bought the Expansion pack for his Nintendo Switch but can't seem to find out where to start the 'Isle of Armor' expansion pack.

From what I can find on the net it says you need to be in the Wild Area, which has tried numerous Wild Areas but still can't work out how to progress to the Isle.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Newbie Dad

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer

My 8yr old child just bought the Expansion pack for his Nintendo Switch but can't seem to find out where to start the 'Isle of Armor' expansion pack.

From what I can find on the net it says you need to be in the Wild Area, which has tried numerous Wild Areas but still can't work out how to progress to the Isle.

Kind regards,
Newbie Dad
The DLC isn't actually released yet. The first part will be coming out in June. Buying it now just means you won't have to buy it later (plus you get some clothes I think).

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?

Kind regards,
Newbie Dad
Part 1 of the DLC is scheduled to launch before the end of June, at the moment the only thing you can do is the little mini-event where you catch the Slowpoke at the train station and meet the rival. At the moment the DLC is just a pre-order.