• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Probably, as much as I hate to admit it, because the game had pretty much everything ported from Sun/Moon. The pokemon themselves had to be updated and/or retooled for the new game, but since moves can easy be locked out from different pokemon and take up little to no data, there was no reason to remove any. Same with abilities; I wouldn't be surprised if we found 'Shields Down' still in the game's data despite Minior being the only one with that ability and not in the Dex.
Not exactly true. Spotlight was cut and it debuted in Gen VII. Even stranger is that every Pokémon that got it through level up are in SwSh either through the base game or IoA. Spinda is the only Pokémon that had access to the move but that was through breeding.

PsychoLogical

I find it strange that Spectrier's movepool is actually pretty sucky. Spectrier has only a very few special moves that it can learn. Glastrier on the other hand... it's movepool is way better off except for the physical ice moves.

Rahus

Bring The Ruckus!
I find it strange that Spectrier's movepool is actually pretty sucky. Spectrier has only a very few special moves that it can learn. Glastrier on the other hand... it's movepool is way better off except for the physical ice moves.
Yeah, I just looked at Spectrier's movepool and... what the hell, man?

Nasty Plot + Shadow Ball with what? Dark Pulse and... Mud Shot?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I was sceptical about the Dynamax Adventures due to the rental Pokémon but they’re actually a lot of fun when the AI isn’t a bunch of idiots. Second Adventure I did got me Rayquaza which I didn’t take and it now I can select to redo that Adventure whenever I want which is cool. Might try and shiny hunt it as I read that shinies are easier to find in Dynamax Adventures.

EDIT: gotta love how Martin is still useless and screws me over even without Solrock. Found an Armaldo, one of my partners has Barraskewda and Martin just so happens to have a Maractus with Storm Drain so Barraskewda can’t do anything.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Is there any in-lore explanation why there are 2 different horses and any info on how they behave towards each other?
Is there any sign of theme being somehow related to Swords of Justice

Also, is there any reference to the Wolves, Eternatus or Urshifu within Crown Tundra?

scififan21

Catch Moltres, Calyrex, and Spectrier so far. Also was there any new clothing items added? Everbody saying that they got Suicune on tutorial Dynamax Adventure. I got Heatran, but wasn't playing with AI either.

PsychoLogical

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that the Gible line is exclusive to Shield (i'll manage anyways and I'll just simply transfer one of my Gibles from GO to Home and work from there whenever the transferring can be available). Other than that CT is pretty great to say the least.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Catch Moltres, Calyrex, and Spectrier so far. Also was there any new clothing items added? Everbody saying that they got Suicune on tutorial Dynamax Adventure. I got Heatran, but wasn't playing with AI either.
If you transfer meltan to your game and talk to the crown tundra Pokédex lady she gives you a hex nut clothing item

Pokefan_1987

Wait, do the legendaries not have any new Pokedex entries? That's really disappointing.. :(
Its the same for blaziken, garchomp or any alolan starters when i check the pokedex hoping for updates, or is purchasing dlc required if i missed the isle of armor dlc?

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that the Gible line is exclusive to Shield (i'll manage anyways and I'll just simply transfer one of my Gibles from GO to Home and work from there whenever the transferring can be available). Other than that CT is pretty great to say the least.
If you're in trouble and want less hassle than transfer i can breed a Gible egg for you if you have any valuable trades just send me a message i'm willing to help.