• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I definitely think we will get more Galarian forms then Slowpoke and the birds. On the website, when looking at the new features page it talks about how old Pokémon will be coming back, and mentions that some of them will have adapted to the climates of Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra.

just saying, we were shown Nidorino, Beldum, and Elekid in Crown Tundra. I’d LOVE forms for any of their evolutions

Bus

Wait, so is slowpoke available right now?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wait, so is slowpoke available right now?

Yes, a free update to SwSh has Slowpoke showing up in Wedgehurst Station right now. You won't be able to evolve it until the expansions actually release though, you need an item from Isle of Armor to evolve it into Galarian Slowbro and an item from Crown Tundra to evolve it into Galarian Slowking.

Bus

Yes, a free update to SwSh has Slowpoke showing up in Wedgehurst Station right now. You won't be able to evolve it until the expansions actually release though, you need an item from Isle of Armor to evolve it into Galarian Slowbro and an item from Crown Tundra to evolve it into Galarian Slowking.
Sweet. Is it still water/psychic or did it change?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So they mentioned that you're going to be able to G-Max the starter you began the game with in Isle of Armor, I'm wondering if this is unique to your starters or if they're going to provide a way for Pokemon you've already caught to be able to G-Max. This would be very much appreciated, one of the things that irritates me to no end about G-Max is how ATM the only Pokemon that can G-Max are the ones you catch in Max Raid battles. I was very disappointed to learn that the Corviknight I trained up from the beginning of the game couldn't G-Max, as a native Baltimorean I naturally had to name it Lamar Jackson but unfortunately without the ability to G-Max he doesn't quite live up to the elite standards of his namesake.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So this theory from another guy makes a lot of sense. So Mustard, a former Pokemon League Champion and the mentor to Leon? Someone theorized that he could be the one who gives you the Gigantamax Venusaur and Blastoise because Leon's Gigantamax Charizard can be obtained from Leon himself and someone theorized that Leon probably got this Gigantamax Charizard from Mustard, his mentor.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I’m very excited to see what this “restricted sparring” feature is
It's supposed to encourage the use of pokemon that normally get overlooked, so perhaps a format that bans pokemon above a certain base stat number? Or just ones that are typically see as too strong? It's hard to speculate, and I gotta admit there are a number of ways it could go wrong and right.

shoz999

It's supposed to encourage the use of pokemon that normally get overlooked, so perhaps a format that bans pokemon above a certain base stat number? Or just ones that are typically see as too strong? It's hard to speculate, and I gotta admit there are a number of ways it could go wrong and right.
That sounds a lot of fun. I remember the Pika Cup from the Pokemon Stadium series where it restricted evolutions that went past Lv. 20. That was a lot of fun because you get to use a lot of middle-stage evolutions, although there were some fully-evolved Pokemon that hilariously got around this restriction such as Nidoking.

KahunaLagoonaEX

Just give me the ability to transfer my Pokemon from standard Poke Balls to other ones. I don't like the fact that I can't have any of the Alolan or Galar Starters, Jirachi, Tyrantrum, or Galar Fossils in a Premier Ball or Quick Ball.

What I'm alittle mad about is the fact I bought the double pack* at full price. Now they want me to blow another 60 to get this for both my games. Wtf why cant you make a double pack for people like me who now have to decide if they want to blow 60 dollars to get the dlc smh not very well thought out for a release and reveal.

I don't get this. What, were you expecting them to release a double pack DLC thing for those who bought both? Or the ability to buy the one game & DLC all at once for $60?

Regardless, if you get both versions you still have to blow $60 - if you want the DLC for both versions.

So since it's DLC does it mean there is no chance for it to be Datamined earlier than release date?

Not unless they release the code for everything a day/week or two before actual release in preparation.

So they mentioned that you're going to be able to G-Max the starter you began the game with in Isle of Armor, I'm wondering if this is unique to your starters or if they're going to provide a way for Pokemon you've already caught to be able to G-Max. This would be very much appreciated, one of the things that irritates me to no end about G-Max is how ATM the only Pokemon that can G-Max are the ones you catch in Max Raid battles. I was very disappointed to learn that the Corviknight I trained up from the beginning of the game couldn't G-Max.

I'd personally like it if it would apply to any starter you bring to the Isle of Armor, provided your ID is the same. Kinda want to see that also occur with any G-Max compatible Pokemon as well. That way my future bred Butterfree, Venusaur, Charizard, Machamp, Gengar, Lapras, Sandaconda, Toxtricity, Centiskorch, and Grimmsnarl can all G-Max.

Sponge

How likely do you think it is that we'll be able to explore these areas with a new team?

By that I mean, do you think they'll scale the levels up based on how many badges you have? If they do that it'll be hard to play with a new lower level team if you've already become the champion.

I kinda like the idea of doing an Ash Ketchum and heading to the Isle of Armor with nothing but a newly bred Grookey.

KahunaLagoonaEX

How likely do you think it is that we'll be able to explore these areas with a new team?

By that I mean, do you think they'll scale the levels up based on how many badges you have? If they do that it'll be hard to play with a new lower level team if you've already become the champion.

I kinda like the idea of doing an Ash Ketchum and heading to the Isle of Armor with nothing but a newly bred Grookey.

Probably. Personally all I care about is being able to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu and getting certain Mons in Premier Balls.

Going to the Isle of Armor before becoming Champion would be a nice thing to have.

Pikachu111213

Traveler

Probably. Personally all I care about is being able to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu and getting certain Mons in Premier Balls.

Going to the Isle of Armor before becoming Champion would be a nice thing to have.

On the official site, it says that you can access the areas once you’ve reached the Wild Area, so unless it scales the level to match yours, it should be pretty low leveled I’d think

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I don't personally think it likely but what do people think about whether or not some the battle styles removed in gen 7 could come back? Like triple or inverse battles?

shoz999

I don't personally think it likely but what do people think about whether or not some the battle styles removed in gen 7 could come back? Like triple or inverse battles?
I'm all for Triple Battles. It's the only official format that allows all six Pokemon and it's fun as heck. Rotational battles is also fun based around luck and all.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Guess the Galar hype train never ends, huh?

Probably a popular prediction, but I’m gonna go ahead and guess that Galarian Slowbro will be Psychic/Poison so it can be the ace of both Avery and the Poison leader (can’t remember their name at the moment).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Guess the Galar hype train never ends, huh?

Probably a popular prediction, but I’m gonna go ahead and guess that Galarian Slowbro will be Psychic/Poison so it can be the ace of both Avery and the Poison leader (can’t remember their name at the moment).
Call me hopeful, but I’m thinking maybe their aces will be Galarian Dustox and Beautifly. The hairbow on Karla has ribbons coming down, making it different from a normal Dustox’s appearance.

VaporeonGold

If we have the Isle of Man influencing the Isle of Armor, and Scottland influencing the Crown Tundra, then I bet Ireland will be the third dlc pack If we get one.

The fourth I'm not sure of. I would say maybe Wales.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
If we have the Isle of Man influencing the Isle of Armor, and Scottland influencing the Crown Tundra, then I bet Ireland will be the third dlc pack If we get one.

The fourth I'm not sure of. I would say maybe Wales.
Could be wrong, but I think the Isle of Armor is based on Ireland, or at least part of it.