• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Could be wrong, but I think the Isle of Armor is based on Ireland, or at least part of it.
Would be pretty cool to see the Giant's Causeway adapted into Pokemon.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm more inclined to see it as the Isle of Man.

Again. I don't think it's a good idea to make the Republic of Ireland into a DLC for the UK. It deserves it's own region.
Makes sense.

What if it was just based off of Northern Ireland, though?

Sponge

Could be wrong, but I think the Isle of Armor is based on Ireland, or at least part of it.

Well, the Isle of Armor is located to the right of Galar....so if Galar is a representation of the UK as it appears on most maps....an Ireland region would be to its left instead.

Also as someone from Ireland I'd be really annoyed if Ireland was just lumped in with the UK region...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I find it more of a crime they didn’t make the background prop behind Wyndon into an actual city in the Expansion Pass. Like DLC is alright and all but I can totally understand why people feel like they’d want a third version, especially to fix the barebones cities like the aforementioned.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, the Isle of Armor is located to the right of Galar....so if Galar is a representation of the UK as it appears on most maps....an Ireland region would be to its left instead.

Also as someone from Ireland I'd be really annoyed if Ireland was just lumped in with the UK region...
For whatever reason Galar is an upside down version UK, so that’s why it’s on the right. Same reason why the Tundra, which is likely supposed to be Scotland, seems to be in southern Galar.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I want to see Wales represented by getting some DLC! These are clearly Ireland and Scotland! Where’s Wales!!!!

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I think what I am most curious about is the movepool updates that all the returning pokemon will likely receive. Which pokemon will become even stronger by receiving a move they either desperately needed (ala Kyurem Black getting Icicle Spear) or an already super strong pokemon getting a move to make them even stronger (ala Mewtwo getting Nasty Plot)? And also which pokemon will lose a move they desperately needed/wanted to keep (ala most pokemon losing Hidden Power, Toxic, and Roost)?

I know some people are throwing out Dragon Dance Garchomp as one likely example of the latter.

Orphalesion

For whatever reason Galar is an upside down version UK, so that’s why it’s on the right. Same reason why the Tundra, which is likely supposed to be Scotland, seems to be in southern Galar.

Which would still put it in the right position to be the Isle of Man, since that's also to the "left" of the UK.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I think what I am most curious about is the movepool updates that all the returning pokemon will likely receive. Which pokemon will become even stronger by receiving a move they either desperately needed (ala Kyurem Black getting Icicle Spear) or an already super strong pokemon getting a move to make them even stronger (ala Mewtwo getting Nasty Plot)? And also which pokemon will lose a move they desperately needed/wanted to keep (ala most pokemon losing Hidden Power, Toxic, and Roost)?

I know some people are throwing out Dragon Dance Garchomp as one likely example of the latter.
Of pokemon confirmed to be returning, most already had pretty good movepools or don't particularly benefit from new moves currently in the game (i.e. there is still not any good contact Rock move for Dusk Lycanroc aside from Accelerock). There are some changes that would be fitting or interesting though, like Aurorus could finally get Aurora Veil.

Cryogonal, Raikou and Magnezone will certainly hate losing Hidden Power though, unless they get some new coverage moves.

Lugia88

Of pokemon confirmed to be returning, most already had pretty good movepools or don't particularly benefit from new moves currently in the game (i.e. there is still not any good contact Rock move for Dusk Lycanroc aside from Accelerock). There are some changes that would be fitting or interesting though, like Aurorus could finally get Aurora Veil.

Cryogonal, Raikou and Magnezone will certainly hate losing Hidden Power though, unless they get some new coverage moves.

These DLC could also bring back those moves cut from the games. Imagine using say certain legendaries without their signature moves. Also they could bring in Mega/Primal forms.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
These DLC could also bring back those moves cut from the games. Imagine using say certain legendaries without their signature moves. Also they could bring in Mega/Primal forms.
I would imagine a return of a bunch of moves (i.e. Sacred Fire, Precipice Blade, etc.). It may not just be signature moves either with moves such as Return/Frustration and Hidden Power making a comeback. Some of them may be added as soon as Pokémon Home is released next month which will likely give Sword/Shield another update.

I doubt we will see Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions return as those would not work well in a setting where dynamax is also available. To me it has to be either one or the other.

Brendan017

O dont think the Isle of Armor is Ireland, as it seems to have an Eastern theme with the dojo, the outfit and the kungfu bear legendary

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I have been wondering this ever since the direct though: does that mean there won't be an "ultimate" edition like USUM or B2W2 , or a third game like Platinum and Emerald? Because if they'll just be working on updating what else would be left for the sequel?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Something I've been pondering lately is what the average levels of wild Pokemon on the Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra will be. Will everything be level 60+ if it takes place after the main story of the base game? Will it work like the Wild Area where you find higher or lower level Pokemon depending on what section you're in? or Will it be linear progression where you start in one "route" with low level Pokemon as the story progresses and work your way up to "routes" with higher level Pokemon? Personally I'm hoping for the second one because of how similar the footage we saw is to the Wild Area, but I'm also toying with the idea of training up a new team after I've finished Sword's main story to use on the Isle of Armour to keep things fresh.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I have been wondering this ever since the direct though: does that mean there won't be an "ultimate" edition like USUM or B2W2 , or a third game like Platinum and Emerald? Because if they'll just be working on updating what else would be left for the sequel?
Yep. It's looking to be that way.

Luthor

I could see them return Hidden Power as a DLC exclusive move. Possibly expanded to be able to be Normal or Fairy typed.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

They never directly stated as much, but they did heavily imply. Their wording was something along the lines of how that up until now they've released updated versions, but now they're releasing DLC to accomplish the same goal, heavily implying that this DLC will replace the traditional third version.

Orphalesion

Imho we can only hope that this replaces third versions for good. I much rather pay for a DLC than a Game I already own with a few extra bits.