• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Fraggarf333

Part 1 of the DLC is scheduled to launch before the end of June, at the moment the only thing you can do is the little mini-event where you catch the Slowpoke at the train station and meet the rival. At the moment the DLC is just a pre-order.

Appreciate your prompt response!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It just hit me but since the expansion pack is like a third version, I guess we should expect new music for online multiplayer. There's some good music in the Vanilla version but nowhere as much as Gen 7.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So after playing around in the Wild Area a bit more, I think the game could use a few more QoL improvements. So here's some things I'd like to see added to the Expansion Pass (not sure if anyone of this will actually happen, but I'd definitely like it to be):

-Some sort of DexNav-esque feature that shows us information on the overworld Pokemon. At the very least, I want to be able to see if I've caught a Pokemon before I run up to it and battle it, but they could also bring back similar functions such as seeing natures, IVs, moves or allowing you to scan for Pokemon you've already caught.
-The Dex needs a search function. No way in hell I should be expected to manually sift through 400 (soon to be 600) entries to find what I'm looking for.
- Some type of gliding ability in the Wild Area. I'm sick of standing on the edge of a cliff and being forced to walk all the way around to get to the bottom, you should just be able to drop down from it. Maybe bring back Gliscor and let you use some sort of key item/service allowing you to use it to glide from cliffs. Or if they want something more relevant, maybe Dragapault? Dragapault would be fun to use, maybe they could have a Rotom Rally-esque mini game where you can shoot balloons with Dreepy (one way or another, a Dragapault shooting minigame needs to happen somewhere in this series).

Also, now that I mention it, it's surprising Dragapault doesn't have a G-Max form. Probably a prime candidate to get one in the Expansion Pass.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Also, now that I mention it, it's surprising Dragapault doesn't have a G-Max form. Probably a prime candidate to get one in the Expansion Pass.

If they do that, I really hope they allow us to somehow make our existing Pokémon able to Gigantamax. It was hard enough taking my regular Centiskorch, Corviknight, and Orbeetle off of my team in favor of Giganatamax versions. But now that Dragapult was on my team that beat the Champion and I've used it for post-game, there's no way I could ever bring myself to take it off of my team. They mentioned we'll be able to make our starters Gigantamax, so hopefully (though I'm guessing it's unlikely) we'll be able to do that for other new Gigantamaxes too

Also, I'm just going to use this as an excuse to share my idea for a Gigantamax Dragapult. Since Dragapult is based on a stealth aircraft, we should get Gigantamax Dragapult that's an aircraft carrier with two regular Dragapult sitting on its back. It's G-Max Move could be something like G-Max Air Scramble, where it launches the Dragapult, which in turn launch their Dreepy. Would be awesome.

shac

If they do that, I really hope they allow us to somehow make our existing Pokémon able to Gigantamax. It was hard enough taking my regular Centiskorch, Corviknight, and Orbeetle off of my team in favor of Giganatamax versions. But now that Dragapult was on my team that beat the Champion and I've used it for post-game, there's no way I could ever bring myself to take it off of my team. They mentioned we'll be able to make our starters Gigantamax, so hopefully (though I'm guessing it's unlikely) we'll be able to do that for other new Gigantamaxes too

Also, I'm just going to use this as an excuse to share my idea for a Gigantamax Dragapult. Since Dragapult is based on a stealth aircraft, we should get Gigantamax Dragapult that's an aircraft carrier with two regular Dragapult sitting on its back. It's G-Max Move could be something like G-Max Air Scramble, where it launches the Dragapult, which in turn launch their Dreepy. Would be awesome.

I love this idea! Love the name g-max air scramble as well.

I am hoping for 10-15 new g-max forms. That will be cool. The pseudo legendary player ones at least.

Also what do we think of the new legendary birds? I am getting vibes of electric/fighting for zapdos, fire/dark for moltres and ice/psychic for articuno. That way it also brings in the fighting/dark/psychic trio.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Yeah, I mentioned wanting that a few pages ago.

Make it happen Game Freak.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The biggest thing I’m hoping for is that most of the features for the expansion pass aren’t meant to be explored during the main story (ex- changes to the gym leaders’ teams, twists during the plot of the main story, the Isle of Armor meant to be explored before the league, etc.).

Since I’m close to beating my Sword game, I’d really like it if either the Isle of Armor is a post game exclusive area or the game will modify the levels of the area if you’ve already beaten it. I just don’t want to go there and sweep everything since it’s more fun when the games are more of a challenge

shoz999

Oh man! I know what's missing from Sword & Shield. Well, okay. There's a bunch of things missing but you know what GameFreak should've done? Make the train feel like an actual location you can walk in kind of like the S.S. Aqua where you can explore and battle trainers. They should patch that in as a free update.

Noy

if they want to make the feature of trains useful; they probably need to implement a feature besides battling. maybe let your mons learn egg moves from tourists? Or a chance of meeting/battling trainers from other regions. Though i can understand why they might hesitate since the train routes are out of the way once you have access to fast travel.

shoz999

if they want to make the feature of trains useful; they probably need to implement a feature besides battling. maybe let your mons learn egg moves from tourists? Or a chance of meeting/battling trainers from other regions. Though i can understand why they might hesitate since the train routes are out of the way once you have access to fast travel.
A Battle Train where you battle famous trainers from other regions and it could be headed by someone who knows the Subway Bosses in some way.

DannyDiglett

All even-numbered generations have introduced new eeveelutions. It's disappointing that Sword & Shield haven't. Do you think there's a chance with the new expansions?

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
All even-numbered generations have introduced new eeveelutions. It's disappointing that Sword & Shield haven't. Do you think there's a chance with the new expansions?
I suppose there is always a chance, but at present the only thing we can be reasonably sure about unknown new pokemon is that there is probably at least one other unknown legendary in the Crown Tundra, given that one of the art pieces depicting a Den encounter has the pokemon covered up with black lines to keep us from seeing what it is (which would be unnecessary if it was any of the ones already revealed).

Orphalesion

Oh man! I know what's missing from Sword & Shield. Well, okay. There's a bunch of things missing but you know what GameFreak should've done? Make the train feel like an actual location you can walk in kind of like the S.S. Aqua where you can explore and battle trainers. They should patch that in as a free update.

When we first saw that there would be trains, and really, even when I first played, I fully expected the trains, or at the very least that sky train in Wyndon, to be like that.

But then they weren't :(

Sponge

The biggest thing I’m hoping for is that most of the features for the expansion pass aren’t meant to be explored during the main story (ex- changes to the gym leaders’ teams, twists during the plot of the main story, the Isle of Armor meant to be explored before the league, etc.).

Since I’m close to beating my Sword game, I’d really like it if either the Isle of Armor is a post game exclusive area or the game will modify the levels of the area if you’ve already beaten it. I just don’t want to go there and sweep everything since it’s more fun when the games are more of a challenge

I'm planning on breeding a Grookey and bringing it with me.

So really I'm hoping they don't scale the levels. Otherwise I'll feel compelled to either use my main story team or just start a new save file...

Lugia88

I suppose there is always a chance, but at present the only thing we can be reasonably sure about unknown new pokemon is that there is probably at least one other unknown legendary in the Crown Tundra, given that one of the art pieces depicting a Den encounter has the pokemon covered up with black lines to keep us from seeing what it is (which would be unnecessary if it was any of the ones already revealed).

There's a possibility that after Crown Tundra another 2 dlc expansion that will bring back more old pokemon and bring new ones in.

I really hope the dlc is really worth it. I don't care about the price but, after so many other games and their dlc have been lackluster.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I don't personally think it likely but what do people think about whether or not some the battle styles removed in gen 7 could come back? Like triple or inverse battles?

Oh and what about battle royals? (I forgot about them earlier)