• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Zachmac

Well even if there were version exclusive legendaries, you can still join raid battles with people who have the other version. Although finding the right raid battle is often easier said then done, and if legendary raids are even half as rare as gigantamax ones I can imagine they'd fill up really quickly.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well even if there were version exclusive legendaries, you can still join raid battles with people who have the other version. Although finding the right raid battle is often easier said then done, and if legendary raids are even half as rare as gigantamax ones I can imagine they'd fill up really quickly.
Yea and that's the problem, along with stamps not renewing fast enough. You end up running into ones that are filled up, exited or done with. I'm lucky to even find any of them that are open.

Lugia88

That is true, i watch the video again and it has for text "some content is exclusive to a game version" from that we know that the new legendary in the first expansion dlc will have different forms. It would be nice if they gave more info on how they are going to have the legendary den things. Instead of "All Legends Return" on the video.

Yea and that's the problem, along with stamps not renewing fast enough. You end up running into ones that are filled up, exited or done with. I'm lucky to even find any of them that are open.

Is it that bad? I don't even have Nintendo Online yet. I could get it but right now I'm busy with Xbox live. Maybe when Crown Tundra comes out they will have an update to make it better.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Version exclusives I’m guessing that will be included are the older Fossils being version exclusives except for Aerodactyl and the Skull being a Sword exclusive and the Shield obviously being meant for Shield version.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That is true, i watch the video again and it has for text "some content is exclusive to a game version" from that we know that the new legendary in the first expansion dlc will have different forms. It would be nice if they gave more info on how they are going to have the legendary den things. Instead of "All Legends Return" on the video.

Is it that bad? I don't even have Nintendo Online yet. I could get it but right now I'm busy with Xbox live. Maybe when Crown Tundra comes out they will have an update to make it better.
Yea it is sometimes, but it isn't as bad when trying to get people to join you. It's worth getting. It saved 99% of my data when I got my Switch repaired. Maybe.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Was it ever stated, or even implied that we would be catching the Legendary Pokémon via Max Raid Battles? I can't see them doing that, as it would break the traditional 1 per account rule of Legendary Pokémon.

Zachmac

Was it ever stated, or even implied that we would be catching the Legendary Pokémon via Max Raid Battles? I can't see them doing that, as it would break the traditional 1 per account rule of Legendary Pokémon.
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/expansionpass/thecrowntundra.shtml
The Crown Tundra is a wide area which contains various mountain areas and small communities.

In this area, there are various expeditions where you can go into Pokémon Dens far beyond the areas seen in the Wild Area and Isle of Armor. These Dens include Legendary Pokémon

Besides, they already broke that rule with wild Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres in Let's Go anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/expansionpass/thecrowntundra.shtml

Besides, they already broke that rule with wild Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres in Let's Go anyway.

All it says is that they are in Dens. Yes, so far Dens have only existed for the purpose of Max Raid Battles, but it was explained in the Direct how a new feature of the Crown Tundra is that you can actually go into the Dens and explore them, and that's how you find the Legendary Pokémon. As far as I could tell, nothing was stated about whether or not this new way of interacting with Dens will initiate Max Raid Battles. Personally, I interpreted it as the Dens simply being new dungeons, without the need of Max Raid Battles.

And yes, they broke it Let's Go, but only because the focus of that game was catching, and so they made it so that practically nothing was a one-off, such as gift Pokémon and the fossils. Also, let's be honest, does Let's Go really count for anything when we're talking about conventions?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
One thing I haven't seen talked about is the evidence that there is at least one new unknown Legendary, or at least new unknown form of one. Namely in the preview when showing off the dens and talking about meeting Legendary pokemon in them, there is concept art where the pokemon seen in the den has its image scratched out the same way Galarian Slowking's head is.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

This is why I look for my own dens instead of searching for them in Stamps.

I've caught at least six Gigantamax pokemon that way.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

I think that's what most people do. Do but they were talking about version exclusive dens.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve only caught two Gigantamax on my own not including the gifted ones. I haven’t had much luck finding them. Only found five in total and one kicked me out and the other two I didn’t catch successfully which annoyed me a lot. I hope the new Gigantamax Pokémon won’t be so annoying to take down.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think that's what most people do. Do but they were talking about version exclusive dens.

Right, true. That does pose a whole new issue.

In my case, I have my friend Alexis, who has Sword. We help each other with max raid battles whenever we play, so I'm good there, too.

Golden_Arcanine

They can't do that unless they add 12 more Pokemon, and I don't think that they would do that.

At this point, do we know what they'll do?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Considering that there will likely be another fossil restorer in the expansions (since Amaura/Aurorus have been confirmed), maybe that character will be able to restore the SwSh fossils properly?

I actually had the impression that those ancient Pokémon would just be available in Max Raid Battles. (I also figured the current fossils' Hidden Abilities would be available in that way, though not necessarily in Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra.)

I don't think any of them are supposed to be a raptor. The muscular legs of the Fossilized Drake makes it look more like a T-Rex or similar dinosaur to me. A raptor would have slimmer legs and tail. Unless you're referring to the Fossilized Bird, which I suppose looks a little like a raptor, but given the fact that it's called a bird, it's probably supposed to be an archaeopteryx or similar proto-bird.

I just wanted to say that, with the discussion about raptors being a close ancestor of birds and thus there's reason to call it a Fossilized Bird, there were many, many different kinds of raptors out there, from the Microraptor (one of the smallest known dinosaurs and the one to have dethroned Compsognathus, which held the record for decades) to the Utahraptor (which are huge and closer to the Velociraptors seen in Jurassic Park--blame the late Michael Crichton for giving people the wrong impression of what a Velociraptor is like because he felt it was cooler like that). So even if we never see Zolt's bottom half, we could still get some other raptor later.

Or, to troll us further, we could see the full Pokémon as it originally looked like, such as in in-universe illustrations, but we'll never get to have one. (I'd find that hilarious, much like how they kept showing us Bellossom in Alola but the Oddish line was never found in the wild.)

That being said, Zolt appears to be based on the Velociraptor, considering its size, its arm feathers (which were stylized to look like lightning bolts), its head feathers, and its upturned snout.

Even if they were common, I think they'd fill up quickly anyway. Legendary Pokémon are quite popular, and lots of Pokémon players consider them as their ultimate trophies. (They also like using them online, of course.)

The Y-Comm doesn't appear to be meant for online interactions, but rather, for offline meetups. It feels like there was originally going to be something else for online, but delays in production caused them to just attach online functionality to the Y-Comm at the last minute. Nintendo Switch Online is fine as it is though.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Anyone think we could get more info (prob only on isle of Armor) next month? Last time the Wild Area event ended, we got a direct that day, revealing the DLC, Mystery Dungeon, and the new Wild Area event. The current Wild area event is scheduled to end next Thursday (aside from Alcremie). So I was thinking maybe we’d get another much shorter direct with new info on isle of Armor, the release date of home (which I imagine will be the following day, the 7th due to screenshots), and the next Wild area event. There’s still lots to learn about isle of Armor. We don’t really know the purpose of the dojos, the starters Gmax moves, urshifus Sig moves and Gmax moves, the official reveal of the other two kanto starter Gmaxes, not to mention any other Galarian forms (or even new mons) that could pop up in isle of Armor

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It really depends on the strategy this time around for scheduling information releases. If they're tight-lipped the way it was for Sword and Shield, we might not get anything at all for all of February. If they're more open, we'll probably get at least one or two new bits of info.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
This is uncharted territory is it not, but I'd hope for more news before release.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

That's generally what I do, but I do like to help others when I can as well.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I hope they fully complete the dex by releasing another Expansion I'm all for Gamefreak milking Sword and Shield for a few more years.