• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
On the other hand, I have known some people who would rather stomp all over the in-game characters. For instance, there is someone I met not too long ago who farmed EXP Candies and brought all of his Pokémon to Level 100 shortly before challenging Opal.

I think they're quite the minority though.
Don’t forget about the guy who curbstomps through the game with his shiny Wooloo, Cupcake -_-

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i really like the EXP candies and i hate them at the same time. yes they can level up to 100 in less than a minute but once you hit lvl 100 it gets boring in the sense that it wont gain any more exp and wont feel any sort of progression from that lvl 100 mon. i do use the candies to get them to lvl 60-70 and then let the battle modes do the rest unless i want to quickly set them up to bottle cap certain IVs.

BCVM22

There's no answer to that. We don't find out more than a day or two in advance if we find out in advance at all. If we learn anything new at any point, you'll see it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ugh! I wanna play Isle of Amor now! :mad:

Even though I already have the money to buy the DLC, I haven't done so yet because having it on my Switch and not being able to play will just make me mad. lol

There's no answer to that. We don't find out more than a day or two in advance if we find out in advance at all. If we learn anything new at any point, you'll see it.

Well thank you for that already established statement.

I do think it's possible we won't be getting any news until May. Unless news for April was prepared months in advance, I say it's likely Game Freak and TPC will focus more on getting the product completed than advertising it, given the coronavirus pandemic has drastically altered their ability to perform.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
If it helps any, we're past the halfway point between the release of Pokémon Sword and Shield and the date shown in the eShop for Isle of Armor. That day was March 8th, 2020.
What’s the date shown in the eshop? Is it specific or still just by June

Even though I already have the money to buy the DLC, I haven't done so yet because having it on my Switch and not being able to play will just make me mad. lol
If it helps, the DLC isn’t shown anywhere it’s just put inside your sword or shield game. You dont even notice that anything has changed until the dlc actually is dropped

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
i really like the EXP candies and i hate them at the same time. yes they can level up to 100 in less than a minute but once you hit lvl 100 it gets boring in the sense that it wont gain any more exp and wont feel any sort of progression from that lvl 100 mon. i do use the candies to get them to lvl 60-70 and then let the battle modes do the rest unless i want to quickly set them up to bottle cap certain IVs.

I just find them a nuisance the first time you use them, I underestimated the largest one and my Inteleon winded up getting a heavy supercharge and was forced to sit out as I didn't like one shotting everything lol
It'd have been nice to have a 'preview' option instead of having to experiment on them yourself

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I just find them a nuisance the first time you use them, I underestimated the largest one and my Inteleon winded up getting a heavy supercharge and was forced to sit out as I didn't like one shotting everything lol
It'd have been nice to have a 'preview' option instead of having to experiment on them yourself

yeah, i try to stay away from the XL ones unless i want to boost a mon to lvl 100. medium and large are the most useful ones.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Well thank you for that already established statement.

I do think it's possible we won't be getting any news until May. Unless news for April was prepared months in advance, I say it's likely Game Freak and TPC will focus more on getting the product completed than advertising it, given the coronavirus pandemic has drastically altered their ability to perform.
I wouldn't mind waiting that much if it wasn't for the fact that we're now on pins & needles worrying that they'll announce the DLC will be delayed for obvious reasons. I know these are serious times & I'd prefer that everyone would be safe and healthy, but it'd still be annoying either way.

Anyway, I caved and preordered the DLC for my Shield game since I want to see the difference between the gameplay with a fairly new game and my Sword game, which I already beat

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Don't know if anyone else caught this, but in the newest episode of Twilight Wings (the one that features Nessa), we see Dewgong in the episode. Since Dewgong isn't in the current Galar Dex, it may have just confirmed Seel and Dewgong returning in the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra.

Not that that's a big deal or anything, but I'm excited to see my favorite Ice type return! ^-^

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wouldn't mind waiting that much if it wasn't for the fact that we're now on pins & needles worrying that they'll announce the DLC will be delayed for obvious reasons. I know these are serious times & I'd prefer that everyone would be safe and healthy, but it'd still be annoying either way.

Anyway, I caved and preordered the DLC for my Shield game since I want to see the difference between the gameplay with a fairly new game and my Sword game, which I already beat

The odds of them delaying the DLC is very slim, because much of it can be done at home.

It's the same reason the online events for Sword & Shield continue to roll out. They can man the servers from a remote location. Same with development.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I doubt it will be that late.

I'm sure it's just a placement date to stay on the safe side. I say it'll be released no later than June 21, but possibly mid June.

I'm sure it'd be earlier than that too. But I chose that date because it cannot be later than that date, and so March 8th, 2020 was the day we were guaranteed to be past that midpoint (short of it being delayed past June).

The odds of them delaying the DLC is very slim, because much of it can be done at home.

It's the same reason the online events for Sword & Shield continue to roll out. They can man the servers from a remote location. Same with development.

Hopefully Game Freak can do that. However, Japan's business infrastructure isn't built for working from home. Despite there being lots of office work in Japan, 80% of people working in Japan have no way to work from home, and the government agency set up to equip companies to do just that is overwhelmed and incredibly backed up. The result is that the streets and public transportation of urban Japan are still completely packed, at odds with most other countries.

Nintendo is a company with its ear to the world as a whole though, and they may be able to do that for Game Freak. Masahiro Sakurai (creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros.) is currently working from home, though he does point out that working from home goes against the Japanese work ethic.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm sure it'd be earlier than that too. But I chose that date because it cannot be later than that date, and so March 8th, 2020 was the day we were guaranteed to be past that midpoint (short of it being delayed past June).

Hopefully Game Freak can do that. However, Japan's business infrastructure isn't built for working from home. Despite there being lots of office work in Japan, 80% of people working in Japan have no way to work from home, and the government agency set up to equip companies to do just that is overwhelmed and incredibly backed up. The result is that the streets and public transportation of urban Japan are still completely packed, at odds with most other countries.

Nintendo is a company with its ear to the world as a whole though, and they may be able to do that for Game Freak. Masahiro Sakurai (creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros.) is currently working from home, though he does point out that working from home goes against the Japanese work ethic.

You are right on the money. The gaming industry is indeed the exception in Japan when it comes to working from home.

Sakurai is certainly a prime example. He's stated in his columns that even while he's on vacation, he finds himself working on projects, mostly because of his dedication and perfectionist mindset. Overall, while it does go against the Japanese work ethic, working from home has become a necessity for game development, even more so now because of the coronavirus pandemic.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just a random thought. It's probably just done out of humor, but I wonder if the fact the Slowpokes running out of the dojo really fast is a hint to one of it's evolutions being faster than what we may aspect. Slowpoke of course has slow tanky stats, a defensive moveset with trick room helping it, and a defensive psychic typing but I can't help but think that one of it's evolutions may have more speed.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Just a random thought. It's probably just done out of humor, but I wonder if the fact the Slowpokes running out of the dojo really fast is a hint to one of it's evolutions being faster than what we may aspect. Slowpoke of course has slow tanky stats, a defensive moveset with trick room helping it, and a defensive psychic typing but I can't help but think that one of it's evolutions may have more speed.
It's certainly possible, the tiny glimpse of part of Galarian Slowbro we saw in the announcement shows that it doesn't have the shell on its tail any more, so if the shell is completely gone I could see it having a higher Speed stat.