• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

HappyHawlucha

I wonder what the goal of the rival is in all this, because at least for the player the main goal is to beat the tower and evolve Kubfu but what about Klara/Avery? Who I assume don’t have a Kubfu of their own, given it is a legendary Pokemon and all...

ShadowForce720

I wonder what the goal of the rival is in all this, because at least for the player the main goal is to beat the tower and evolve Kubfu but what about Klara/Avery? Who I assume don’t have a Kubfu of their own, given it is a legendary Pokemon and all...
I’m pretty sure it’s already been stated that Their main goal is to have their own Gym/Stadium, basically they want to become one of the 8 major league gym leaders of Galar.

HappyHawlucha

I’d bet that Klara/Avery and maybe even Mustard become options for people you can invite to the Champion Cup after you beat IoA’s story

That should mean that their Ace should be able to Gigantamax...given that every other opponent of importance in the Champion Cup has a Pokemon capable of Gigantamaxing. I would imagine Mustard would use the opposite Urshifu that you don’t have however...

Pikachu111213

Traveler
That should mean that their Ace should be able to Gigantamax...given that every other opponent of importance in the Champion Cup has a Pokemon capable of Gigantamaxing. I would imagine Mustard would use the opposite Urshifu that you don’t have however...
True. I’m betting on Galarian Slowbro being their ace (because I believe it’ll be Psychic/Poison and Avery is shown to have one in the concept art shown in the initial trailer). So maybe Galarian Slowbro will get a gmax. Which would also be a nice nod to it having a mega evolution.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
True. I’m betting on Galarian Slowbro being their ace (because I believe it’ll be Psychic/Poison and Avery is shown to have one in the concept art shown in the initial trailer). So maybe Galarian Slowbro will get a gmax. Which would also be a nice nod to it having a mega evolution.
I would personally prefer G-SlowKING to have a G-Max form since Slowking does not have some Mega and it would give some more justice to this pairing. I am wondering if Galar Slowking will appear in IoA and be coded into the game. We won't be able to obtain it's item but it can be in the dex.
I doubt GF will be lazy enought to have Crown Tundra Pokemon coded within already but who knows:)

HappyHawlucha

I’m personally betting on G-Max Galarian Dustox for Klara and Galarian Beautifly for Avery, in my opinion they have to give even regular Dustox to Klara given her hairband, but it would be too perfect for Beautifly to get a Psychic-type Galarian form to give to Avery to parallel Klara’s Dustox, also the Wurmple line get no love so they deserve something like this.

ShadowForce720

I would personally prefer G-SlowKING to have a G-Max form since Slowking does not have some Mega and it would give some more justice to this pairing. I am wondering if Galar Slowking will appear in IoA and be coded into the game. We won't be able to obtain it's item but it can be in the dex.
I doubt GF will be lazy enought to have Crown Tundra Pokemon coded within already but who knows:)

I think chances are Galarian Slowking won’t be coded in until Crown Tundra especially considering that they obviously don’t have a problem with coding Pokémon in later.

Plus it wouldn’t make any sense for it to be in the Isle of Armor Pokédex when it’s going to be in the Crown Thundra which has it’s own Pokédex.

So if Galarian Slowking gets a G-Max form it likely wouldn’t be added until Crown Thundra.

While I wouldn’t be surprised if Avery and Klara both have a Galarian Slowbro I don’t think it will be their ace. This because if you notice each important character(with the exception of Piers for obvious reasons)has their own unique Gigantamax Pokémon that is their ace and that other characters don’t use outside of the player characters.

Now I do think their ace is going to be Pokémon that are introduce in the Isle of Armor or at least Pokémon that you can catch there but couldn’t catch in the rest of Galar.

I mean sure they could go the route of giving Klara Gigantamax Toxtricity while they give Avery Gigantamax Orbeetle but those Pokémon wouldn’t really be promoting the DLC.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think chances are Galarian Slowking won’t be coded in until Crown Tundra especially considering that they obviously don’t have a problem with coding Pokémon in later.

Plus it wouldn’t make any sense for it to be in the Isle of Armor Pokédex when it’s going to be in the Crown Thundra which has it’s own Pokédex.

So if Galarian Slowking gets a G-Max form it likely wouldn’t be added until Crown Thundra.

While I wouldn’t be surprised if Avery and Klara both have a Galarian Slowbro I don’t think it will be their ace. This because if you notice each important character(with the exception of Piers for obvious reasons)has their own unique Gigantamax Pokémon that is their ace and that other characters don’t use outside of the player characters.

Now I do think their ace is going to be Pokémon that are introduce in the Isle of Armor or at least Pokémon that you can catch there but couldn’t catch in the rest of Galar.

I mean sure they could go the route of giving Klara Gigantamax Toxtricity while they give Avery Gigantamax Orbeetle but those Pokémon wouldn’t really be promoting the DLC.

Maybe there will be some event showing Piers changes his approach towards Gigantamax and decides to Gigantamax his Toxtricity, since G-Toxtricity screams Piers. Also wondering if they will change Hop's G-Max Pokemon from Corviknight to Starter.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that GF intentionally teased Galarian Slowking and don’t intend on showing what it fully looks like to keep us in suspense. If you look carefully at the trailer, it is evident that the Legendary Birds And new Regi were revealed on purpose because the artwork is not only free from any obscurities but also we see an entire sheet of artwork for both sets. Slowbro and Slowking were just zoomed in stills with their top halves scribbled out.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I think that GF intentionally teased Galarian Slowking and don’t intend on showing what it fully looks like to keep us in suspense. If you look carefully at the trailer, it is evident that the Legendary Birds And new Regi were revealed on purpose because the artwork is not only free from any obscurities but also we see an entire sheet of artwork for both sets. Slowbro and Slowking were just zoomed in stills with their top halves scribbled out.
If you zoom in on one still you can see a blurry image of galarian slowbro.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If you zoom in on one still you can see a blurry image of galarian slowbro.
You may think so but look closer at the stomach in the glimpse of a Galarian Slowbro from the trailer. It doesn’t quite match the pic you’re talking about.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
How reliable is Instant Gaming? Apparently they listed Isle of Armor as coming out June 20.

At this point I’m wondering if they’ll do what Smash did with Banjo and Kazooie and just say “it’s here” rather than give us a release date ahead of time.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi

JLK2707

It should just be great, since there will be a lot of Pokémon returning that did not appear in sword and shield.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Personally I think it is Galarian Slowbro and the stomachs don’t match because it’s wearing a frill like that of its trainer in that still

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Personally I think it is Galarian Slowbro and the stomachs don’t match because it’s wearing a frill like that of its trainer in that still
I was considering that but like I said it’s too blurry to make out detail. It could also be early sketches of a prototype Galarian Slowbro. Until IoA is released, we really can’t tell what that pic really means

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I’d bet that Klara/Avery and maybe even Mustard become options for people you can invite to the Champion Cup after you beat IoA’s story

I just need them both to get gyms.

It would be so dope for them to become gym leaders, even if they're only based in the Isle of Armor.