• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
While I'm indifferent to the idea, I'm not sure if it would completely work since a lot of trainers will try to bring their Galarian Slowpoke to evolve it, while others are adamant of using new teams. They could do a compromise and make it so that you can only do the towers and the new sparring/training thingy using pokémon caught in the Isle of Armor for your first play through.

I think it can still work. I highly doubt that Slowpoke you get at Wedgehurst Station will be the only time you can get Galarian Slowpoke. Rather, I am certain they'll be available in the wild in Isle of Armor, either as overworld encounters or through Max Raid Battles. Galarian Slowbro may be available through Max Raid Battles too, kind of like how you can get Runerigus that way instead of evolving Galarian Yamask.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Do you think there will be new Pokemon in the DLCs? I don't mean Galarian forms.
Not entirely impossible, though I'm assuming that Kubfu (& technically Zarude) will be the only new pokémon we'll be getting

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Not entirely impossible, though I'm assuming that Kubfu (& technically Zarude) will be the only new pokémon we'll be getting

Well, we already know about Calyrex, the Regis, and the three birds which the Direct has noted as new pokemon, all of which will be in The Crown Tundra.

Given Game Freak does their best to withhold information, I wouldn't put it passed them to have a few additional new 'mons for both expansions.

Volcarona1994

Well, we already know about Calyrex, the Regis, and the three birds which the Direct has noted as new pokemon, all of which will be in The Crown Tundra.

Given Game Freak does their best to withhold information, I wouldn't put it passed them to have a few additional new 'mons for both expansions.
Aren't the birds the Galarian forms of the Kanto legendary birds? If they are i wouldn't count them as "new Pokemon".

Akashin

Aren't the birds the Galarian forms of the Kanto legendary birds? If they are i wouldn't count them as "new Pokemon".

I don't see why not. They're distinct from their original counterparts, more so than Forms, Megas or Gigantamaxes are. Some (albeit not the Galarian Slowpoke line and presumably not the Birds) even have original evolutions to further distinguish them.

If nothing else, they're 'new' in the sense that they are Pokemon that are newly being added to the games with the DLC that are not current accessible. We can split hairs over whether or not to call them new Pokemon in the same sense as the USUM Ultra Beasts, for example, but they serve the same purpose.

Pokemon Power

Do you think there will be new Pokemon in the DLCs? I don't mean Galarian forms.
I assume it'll just be the six they've revealed thus far (Kubfu, Urshifu and Zarude for the Isle of Armor, and Calyrex and the two new Regis for the Crown Tundra). Though I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck in a new Eeveelution or two.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yeah basic new Pokémon seem like a stretch to me. I could see a third new Regi or something but I think it’ll all be legendaries/mythicals/new forms

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'd care more for new Pokemon than more Galarian forms, GMaxes, and character customization options so I'm hoping they have something.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well based on what's been revealed so far, it's highly likely there's more Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms than what's been revealed already, but new Pokemon might be a stretch. I can't see them doing all three. I think the pack mascots, the new Regis, and new mythicals are all we get as far as new species.

I'm wondering what we get as far as features and sidequests. Besides the towers, I'm wondering if there's going to be any new battle facilities. People have been asking for a Battle Frontier and more battle facilities like the PWT forever, and while those features specifically probably won't be making a comeback here, I'm wondering if Isle of Armor is going to include any additional battle facilities. There's definitely an appetite for more battle facilities with unique battling styles, and now would be a good opportunity to satisfy them since the casual players that have been cited as the reason behind such facilities disappearing probably aren't buying the Expansion Pass.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well based on what's been revealed so far, it's highly likely there's more Galarian forms and Gigantamax forms than what's been revealed already, but new Pokemon might be a stretch. I can't see them doing all three. I think the pack mascots, the new Regis, and new mythicals are all we get as far as new species.

I'm wondering what we get as far as features and sidequests. Besides the towers, I'm wondering if there's going to be any new battle facilities. People have been asking for a Battle Frontier and more battle facilities like the PWT forever, and while those features specifically probably won't be making a comeback here, I'm wondering if Isle of Armor is going to include any additional battle facilities. There's definitely an appetite for more battle facilities with unique battling styles, and now would be a good opportunity to satisfy them since the casual players that have been cited as the reason behind such facilities disappearing probably aren't buying the Expansion Pass.

I've always been curious as to what sort of feedback they received such that they declined to make more battle facilities. Though I have a hunch that said feedback is not direct and that it's the corporate folks at The Pokémon Company who told them not to waste their time on them. After all, battle facilities don't sell toys.

If that's the case though, perhaps there ought to be an effort to market the facility characters. I've always found them to be very interesting characters who just never got a chance to be more fleshed out.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I don't see why not. They're distinct from their original counterparts, more so than Forms, Megas or Gigantamaxes are. Some (albeit not the Galarian Slowpoke line and presumably not the Birds) even have original evolutions to further distinguish them.

If nothing else, they're 'new' in the sense that they are Pokemon that are newly being added to the games with the DLC that are not current accessible. We can split hairs over whether or not to call them new Pokemon in the same sense as the USUM Ultra Beasts, for example, but they serve the same purpose.
How do we not know that galarian slowbro may not evolve? They could easily give slowbro and slowking an evolution in their galarian forms like they did meowth and farfetch'd
I've always been curious as to what sort of feedback they received such that they declined to make more battle facilities. Though I have a hunch that said feedback is not direct and that it's the corporate folks at The Pokémon Company who told them not to waste their time on them. After all, battle facilities don't sell toys.

If that's the case though, perhaps there ought to be an effort to market the facility characters. I've always found them to be very interesting characters who just never got a chance to be more fleshed out.

They can though, imagine if they had made a model of the battle frontier from emerald and platinum that you could build, they could have done a lego set for the kids to build the battle towers or battle tree. Plus the new characters that come with can be made into cards for the tcg.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight

There is the Dojo on Isle of Armour where Restricted Sparring is going to take place but whether it is a full-fledged battle facility or just training for the Tower of Two Fists remains to be known. Particularly as it is implied you can only tackle one of the two towers to evolve your Kubfu. Though with the G-Max Meowth Max Raid Event ending early (compared to other Max Raid Events) made some fans think we are getting a trailer which could give more information.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I think there will be a few new Galarian forms and G-Maxes in the Isle of Armor. But Crown Tundra will have the new legendaries and bird galarian forms.

Hopefully we can get some G-Maxes that arent' from Gen I or VIII. And that the Kanto starter's G-Max moves are more interesting than the Galar starter's ones. I'm hoping Blastoise's sets up aqua ring, or rapid spin, while Venusaur's spreads leech seed.

Pikachu111213

Traveler

In the direct that revealed the DLC back in January, it shows a outfit similar to Leon’s but with a new symbol on it, similar to that of the figure featured on the gym challenge (like on the back of your badges for example). It then says “new battle challenges” will be available after beating the stories of mainland Galar, and both expansions. The figure featured reminds me of the statues in the battle tower from Sinnoh’s battle frontier. Idk if we will get a battle frontier, but it does seem we are getting some new facilities