• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Perapmanta_017

I just got the Dark Badge in Spikemuth, and now I'm on the IOA instead of training and getting the Dragon Badge right away. I'm so glad they scale things for you. I just completed the second challenge getting the mushroom and discovered the Cram-O-Matic (still don't even have a Cramorant, lol), but find it disappointing right now. I'm happy that when I face Avery it'll be a good and fair match cuz my highest level Pokemon is my level 54 Cinderace. I'm overall happy with IOA so far. Just gotta get all these Pokemon up a lot in level.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Saw a video showing the tutor moves. A lot of them have to do with stat changes, terrain, stat trade-offs (like losing defense for extra speed). Really cool I think, especially the ones that are clearly meant for VGC doubles. Although I will say, after discovering that Galarian Stunfisk finally has a move that synergizes well with it's Mimicry ability only to later find out it's a special attack I just think... why... why does Galarian Stunfisk have to suffer? Why GameFreak! Why!

I know right?! I wish they would have leaned completely into its ability, and gave it access to all the Terrain moves, and their new supporting moves, then at least it would have had a fun gimmick where it could you'd never know which terrain it would be running. Almost like Castform, but for Terrains.

Also, I know now not to get my hopes up too high for any surprises from the Crown Tundra. They literally showed us everything there is to do in the Isle of Armor.

Sirmatthewd

Some cram-o-matic recipies
Yes I know some are useless but ‍oh well
Balm Mushroom
• Zoom lens
• Berry sweet
• Fire stone
• Adrenaline orb

Tr 57
• Wishing piece
• Charcoal
• Gentle mint
• Protein

Tr 95
• Dubious disk
• Dragon fang
• Naughty mint
• Macho brace

Sharp beaks
• 4 resist feathers

Ability capsule
• 4 rare candy

Tr 60 x-scissor
• 4 honey

Big pearl
• 4 Pearl's

Tr34 future sight
• 4 medium exp candy

Strawberry sweet
• 4 strawberry sweets
Or
• Strawberry sweet
• Love sweet
• Berry sweet
• Clover sweet

Tr 79 heavy slam
• 4 metal coats
White herb
• 4 sticky barbs

Big mushroom
• 4 tiny mushrooms

Star piece
• 4 stardust

Comet shard
• 4 star pieces

Gold bottle cap
• 4 bottle caps

Tr 78 sludge wave
• 4 wishing pieces

Tr 27 sleep talk
• Normal gem
• Sticky barb
• Iron ball
• Light clay

Flame orb
• Fire stone
• Water stone
• Thunder stone
• Leaf stone

Tr 80 electro
ball
• Thunder stone
• Water stone
• Leaf stone
• Fire stone

Flame orb
• 4 sun stones

Pp up
• 4 pp up
or
• 4 ability capsule
Or
• 4 big nuggets

Tr 26 endure
• 4 normal gems

Wishing piece
• 4 ganlon berries
Or
• 4 apricot berries
Or
• 2 ganlon berries
• 2 apicot berries
I think all the berries like these make wishing pieces. Needs looked into

Assault vest
• 2 metal coats
• 2 everstone

Icy rock
• 4 ice stones

Misty seed
• 4 shiny stones
Or
• 4 moon stones

Balm mushroom
• 4 big mushrooms

Shell bell
• 4 fossilized fish

Big mushroom
• 4 fossilized drake

Tr 88 heat crash
• 4 figy berries

Black sludge
• 2 repel
• Super repel
• Max repel

Misty seed
• 4 kee berries

Tr 12 Agility
• 4 xs xp candy
Or
• 4 sitrus berries

Tr 17 amnesia
• 2 rare candies
• 2 Dynamax candy

Balm mushroom
• 2 Dynamax candy
• 2 wishing pieces

Everstone
• 4 hard stones

Rocky helmet
• 4 everstone

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also, I know now not to get my hopes up too high for any surprises from the Crown Tundra. They literally showed us everything there is to do in the Isle of Armor.
If one counts checking out how all the pokemon look when following you as something to do then they kept hundreds of combinations secret. Course I doubt Crown Tundra will have something equivalently big.

So is there any actual sidequests in Isle of Armor? It's just Restricted Sparring and the Digletts and that's it?
There's also upgrading the dojo via wat donations, though that can be done in one sitting if you have enough wats already accumulated.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is anyone else finding it harder to find friends for Max Raid battles? I've tried multiple times to invite others but no one seems to be picking up

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
How does one get the porygon gift pokemon? the gift pokemon page on serebii has the exact same location as kubfu so I assume that is a typo.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Finally a good use for the rare candies. Can't bother to do the BP runs for ability capsules and there are so many EXP candies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Is anyone else finding it harder to find friends for Max Raid battles? I've tried multiple times to invite others but no one seems to be picking up
Same. I am lucky to get one, let alone two people in a raid.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Is there a consensus on which Urshifu is better? And is it true they have the same stats?

It's too early to know.

Right now Rapid Strike is the popular one.

tiger_Fox

havent 100% confirmed, but it seems like the lycanroc forms are NOT version-locked like they were in gen 7, as in sword, during the nighttime, i encountered a midday form and evolved a rockruff into midnight form. its too bad that dusk form seems to only be in max raids, but oh well.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OH MY GOD! OH MY FREAKING GOD YES! Unless Serebii.net is lying to me, you can use all the Pokemon you caught or bred from previous games in Ranked Battles as long as they go through a move check at the Battle Tower. YES! YES! YEEEEES!!!

EDIT: THE LEGENDS ARE TRUE! YEEEEES!!!! IT WORKS! Once your Pokemon gets checked, they get this action star symbol, proof that they can enter ranked battles.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
OH MY GOD! OH MY FREAKING GOD YES! Unless Serebii.net is lying to me, you can use all the Pokemon you caught or bred from previous games in Ranked Battles as long as they go through a move check at the Battle Tower. YES! YES! YEEEEES!!!
The caveat is that it must forget it’s moves and go back to standard moveset and then you can teach it whatever moves are available now. There is no way I would have my Skarmory forget Toxic just so it can be used in ranked battles. So it’s still actually better to just breed a new one if possible if you like the moves the Pokémon currently has.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This is quite a good feature, makes all the time spent getting various shinies and such in previous gens worth it in the sense of getting extra mileage out of using them in ranked battles (if one wants to).

I know we've had their TM and TR info for a while, but has anyone heard of any notable changes to the level up moves of the DLC pokemon? That I still haven't heard of any makes me think they haven't change much, if at all.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is quite a good feature, makes all the time spent getting various shinies and such in previous gens worth it in the sense of getting extra mileage out of using them in ranked battles (if one wants to).

I know we've had their TM and TR info for a while, but has anyone heard of any notable changes to the level up moves of the DLC pokemon? That I still haven't heard of any makes me think they haven't change much, if at all.
Haven't seen anything new so far but Dedene finally gets a special fairy move, Dazzling Gleam. About freaking time.

The caveat is that it must forget it’s moves and go back to standard moveset and then you can teach it whatever moves are available now. There is no way I would have my Skarmory forget Toxic just so it can be used in ranked battles. So it’s still actually better to just breed a new one if possible if you like the moves the Pokémon currently has.
Also, just being brutally honest here. But Toxic should've never been a TM with so many great walls around. I am glad they've removed it and hope they keep it way. As much as we love our Skarbliss teams, we also hate fighting them.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I have my team figured out for the Isle of Armor, though I need to think of the last slot.
  • Galarian Slowbro
  • Emolga
  • Rapid Strike Urshifu
  • Dusk Form Lycanroc
  • Krookodile
  • Exploud/Tangrowth
Right now I'm just trying to figure out which one would work better in terms of balance & team dynamics

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, so, after trying to grind for Max Mushrooms doing Den battles, it looks like the mushrooms won't sprout in the same day. I have searched high and low, but no new mushrooms spawn even when entering and exiting the dojo. I think they will sprout the next day.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, with the Diglett Challenge out of the way, all I need to do now is complete the new PokeDex.