• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh man. I say a lot about how bad the animations are but that Sharpedo chasing you like a torpedo in the waters, I wish I could see more of that from GameFreak.

Carkol

I been watching the final Mustard battle on YouTube, new music for Klara and Avery too.

I was jus thinking... how sick would it be, if there was a final battle against Satoshi Tajiri in Gen 9! (In Pokemon Crystal, there is a Bug Catcher named Satoshi in the battle tower.). And this battle with Satoshi in Gen 9 would have a new, bst-680 Bug pokemon. Notice we haven't had a bst-680 for Bug types yet... Save the best for last. Maybe even Bug/* like Bug/Dragon, with no 4x weakness.

Nave

Is Grassy Glide physical or special? On Pokemon Showdown it says it's physical. But, on Serebii it originally said special, and now it doesn't show anything.
If it's physical, it would be a great move for Rillaboom. Although I'm partial to Drum Beating, a set with Wood Hammer and Grassy Glide could be popular.
EDIT: Confirmed to be physical.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like they changed Midday and Midnight's evolutions to how they always should have been, but it's frustrating that they didn't so with Dusk.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Not happy that Poltergeist is 90% accurate. For the first time in over 26 years, a ghost move is less than 100% accurate. Is nothing sacred anymore? Can we not have that little bit of tradition?! I didn’t ask for the move, but I’ll be damned if we’re going to penalize our conventions for a buck. I don’t even know what games we’re playing anymore.

lablablabz

There have been reports of a nasty glitch where Pokemon added in the Isle of Armor are not registered in the Pokedex as caught if they are sent through Home.

It's weird. I transferred a few of the returning mons from HOME as soon as I was able to and they were registered in the Pokedex when it got upgraded by the girl upon first reaching the Isle. Now I just transferred the rest of the returning mons and they weren't registered in the dex :(

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I practically finished the DLC. Checked if I missed anything, just a few battles afterwards. NGL, Mustard's wife is hot! Well someone had to say it. Anyways, this DLC is pretty disappointing. Was expecting the environment to hold some secrets, like that weird looking island in the shape of a flower or maybe a new post game battling experience similar to the Battle Tower, Battle Factory, Battle Frontier, World Tournament, anything like that. When you beat the game, that's it. Your paying 15 bucks was it? 15 bucks for essentially BW1's postgame where you explore an entirely blocked off area with little to no story and lore. That's essentially what your getting out of this.

lablablabz

I practically finished the DLC. Checked if I missed anything, just a few battles afterwards. NGL, Mustard's wife is hot! Well someone had to say it. Anyways, this DLC is pretty disappointing. Was expecting the environment to hold some secrets, like that weird looking island in the shape of a flower or maybe a new post game battling experience similar to the Battle Tower, Battle Factory, Battle Frontier, World Tournament, anything like that. When you beat the game, that's it. Your paying 15 bucks was it? 15 bucks for essentially BW1's postgame where you explore an entirely blocked off area with little to no story and lore. That's essentially what your getting out of this.

Isn't there Restricted Sparring?

Aetius

Is there a consensus on which Urshifu is better? And is it true they have the same stats?

Rapid strike, definitely.
Single Strike is weak X4 to Fairy a typing which is quite present in this metagame.
So yeah, Rapid strike will have a future, while Single Strike will not.
It will probably be used by some daring players, but still...

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Both Urshifu forms are fantastic, but Rapid Strike is simply better.

I still chose Single Strike. *shrug*

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Stopping for tonight. Almost aced the entire DLC in a single day. Lol

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Finding these Diglett is tedious but well rewarding. These Alola Pokemon have good base states and abilities.
It's a really good mini-game, my only gripe with it is that you receive every Alola form.....EXCEPT my favourite one, Muk, which still hasn't made it into Galar (Geodude too I suppose). What a shame.

KingstonUponHulbury

Relatively minor point, but I'm not sure how to feel about the lack of almost any references to the real world's Isle of Man - about the closest I could find was the cycling gear. No manx cats, no triskelions, nothing.

On the one hand, as a UK native I'm a massive Galar fanboy and I loved the fanservice of the mainland species. On the other, the really trope-y Pokémon feel, I dunno, exclusionary? One of the appeals of the series for me has always been taking relatively plain animalistic species and making them 'mine'.

NoahVGC

Yea as soon as you arrive you see a resemblance to a shaolin temple so you can safely assume it's not supposed to be based in anyway on anywhere in the UK at that point.

Ultra Beast Lover

Is there any hint to Kubfu possibly being the legendary from the cave in Unova? Maybe something not concrete but twist able?

B. Thunder Tiger

Played the expansion yesterday and finished it. Currently getting some more Max Mushrooms so I can get my new bred Rillaboom his G-Max form. Crown Tundra going to be cool, but I hope its somewhat longer than Isle of Armor.

I think, if I ever start up a new game with Sword, that I will do Isle of Armor with a new team using Kubfu with catching Pokémon exclusively from the Isle. Sounds like a fair challenge for in the future.