• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
By the way, yesterday I've finally found digging ma while going to a den. She was fairly hidden. It was a spot I haven't noticed in the previous travels. Even got the Digglet and a TR there haha

Anyway, now you can all add me in the group of the ones who had her shovel break in the first go

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
By the way, yesterday I've finally found digging ma while going to a den. She was fairly hidden. It was a spot I haven't noticed in the previous travels. Even got the Digglet and a TR there haha

Anyway, now you can all add me in the group of the ones who had her shovel break in the first go

Man, that s*** is so irritating. I'm glad it doesn't cost Watts, 'cause I'd be mad pissed if it did. lol

Karsad147

Does anyone got another Kubfu then evolve it into an opposite one of the form obtained in the main file? (e.g. Urshift Single Strike Style in main file then you got Urshifu Rapid Strike Style from your secondary account.)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
So how many older gen Pokemon were added to The Isle of Armor in all?
106 if you count the Bulbasaur and Squirtle families, or 115 if you include the Alolan Starters you can get from the Diglett guy, even though they don't show up in the Isle of Armor Pokedex. It's mostly things from Kanto and Unova.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, I caved in and bought it. The more I thought about it I was beginning to rethink whether or not it might be worth the money and ended up buying it. Maybe I was just talking myself into it, but no going back now.

And... it's actually better than I thought it would be. Not amazing of course, but good. The Isle of Armor is more fun to explore than I thought, the environments are a lot more detailed than the barren fields of the Wild Area, and even though it's lacking the overworld puzzles of earlier regions, the design is varied and detailed enough that yes, I do like exploring it. I would be fine with a full game like this.

Other than that, you know what to expect from the trailers and released content. And frankly, I think it's enough for $15, or at least very close. I don't think the DLC content is the problem with SwSh's value, I think it's the base game that's lacking. The new content feels like a good addition, even though it's lacking some of the things I'd like to see added to SwSh (such as deeper sidequests or battle facilities with more unique rulesets).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
This site lists that having certain Isle of Rarmor Trainer Card backgrounds will get you the Master Dojo as your setting for online battles. Does anyone know which ones they are? All the ones I've tried have yielded the default stadium.

Luthor

Encountered the Digging Ma again. Last time her shovel broke straight away on the first turn. Figured the odds were unlikely the same result would happen this time so I tried it. Failed the first time again. My luck is pretty bad on this.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Encountered the Digging Ma again. Last time her shovel broke straight away on the first turn. Figured the odds were unlikely the same result would happen this time so I tried it. Failed the first time again. My luck is pretty bad on this.
I'd say beating the Max Raids is a much more reliable way to farm Armorite Ore than the Digging Ma, even if it's only one or two pieces per raid, you're at least more likely to actually get some. I've never had any luck with the Digging Ma either, she and the woman who shows you Pokedex entries in exchange for Watts (what is even the point of that?) are the worst things about the Isle of Armour as far as I'm concerned.

Luthor

I'd say beating the Max Raids is a much more reliable way to farm Armorite Ore than the Digging Ma, even if it's only one or two pieces per raid, you're at least more likely to actually get some. I've never had any luck with the Digging Ma either, she and the woman who shows you Pokedex entries in exchange for Watts (what is even the point of that?) are the worst things about the Isle of Armour as far as I'm concerned.

When it comes to the woman showing the Pokedex entries I would understand it as it allows you to use the find habitat on the Pokedex if it wasn't for Hop doing the same thing. Maybe they show different Pokemon? I know they don't show Porygon2 or Porygon-Z

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Bah, that woman was pointless. I gave up miles to see if perhaps she gave you an item or something... but she literally just does what Hopp does.
An NPC who you can give miles to in exchange for actual items would have been more interesting, like say it's a bunch of random stuff like the lotteries gives out... and a slim chance at a masterball. The game (stupidly) prevents you from save scumming digger pa/ma anyways so not like people would sit there all day and come out with 100 Master balls

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Well, I caved in and bought it. The more I thought about it I was beginning to rethink whether or not it might be worth the money and ended up buying it. Maybe I was just talking myself into it, but no going back now.

And... it's actually better than I thought it would be. Not amazing of course, but good. The Isle of Armor is more fun to explore than I thought, the environments are a lot more detailed than the barren fields of the Wild Area, and even though it's lacking the overworld puzzles of earlier regions, the design is varied and detailed enough that yes, I do like exploring it. I would be fine with a full game like this.

Other than that, you know what to expect from the trailers and released content. And frankly, I think it's enough for $15, or at least very close. I don't think the DLC content is the problem with SwSh's value, I think it's the base game that's lacking. The new content feels like a good addition, even though it's lacking some of the things I'd like to see added to SwSh (such as deeper sidequests or battle facilities with more unique rulesets).

I actually had virtually the same experience. It's not phenomenal or anything, but I bought the pass because I think I'll like the Crown Tundra DLC more than either this or the base game. And I really have to agree - it's the base game itself that's lacking. Personally, I didn't enjoy it all that much, for reasons too wide-ranging to even begin to discuss. But the DLC was cute, even if I finished the additional story content really quickly.

The big design change that made the location worth it for me is that some areas, such as the forest and the caves, feel like they fill in a little bit for the classic dungeon-type areas that the base game is sorely lacking, even if they're still all a fluid and open environment and lacking in mechanical depth like puzzles.

Basically, this gave me hope that Crown Tundra in the fall might actually get things right for some of the people, like myself, that have so far been pretty let down.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The price for giving over 3million watts to Honey is... So lackluster. Just a rare card and a cutscene? Lame. A battle with her team on a higher level would have been preferable

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have been avoiding the forums because I haven't played the DLC yet, but I finally managed to play and finish it earlier. Here's a quick mini review:

Story-wise, it is quite lacking. The trials are quite basic but I did enjoy it. I also like the bit of character development for your rival. Speaking of characters, I have Sword, so I get Klara. I like her character and her development. Honey and Mustard are great too. What I really liked the most were the cutscenes with Kubfu. Their movements were so dynamic. Even better than the starters introduction. I also love the music themes in this DLC.

Pokemon-wise, I do like the selection of new Pokemon. But that comes with bias because I finally get to have Scolipede and Volcarona back. I still wish there were more starters available.

In terms of the environments, I love the Isle of Armor more than the Wild Area thanks to the variety of sceneries. I like the Forest of Focus the most because it's quite confusing, and that's what most forests are. The wetlands are pretty as well. The caves are underwhelmingly bland and empty though. I do like how easy it is to get from one place to another though because everything's connected. And it's easier to farm items in this island compared to Galar's wild area which are practically huge bits of emptiness with trees scattered about.

For the other stuff, I like the Diglett hunting. It's quite a pain though, especially finding them at the wetlands. Also, all those Watts that Honey demands are too much. But I do like that I can get the Vitamins for a cheaper price. The Sharpedo chasing you was fun at first, then it got annoying.

Overall, I enjoyed this DLC. This is how Galar's wild Area should've been done initially.

KisuTim

I enjoyed the isle of armor but mainly for having a second Pokedex to complete,all Pokemon doing dlc really means is a paywall for legendaries going forward

Bill the Typhlosion

I was undecided about whether to buy the Expansion Pass for a while. The trailers looked great, but I don't really like buying digital content. When I spend money on something I like to have something physical I can hold in my hands, you know? But I found it on sale at a discounted price, so I took the plunge.

I'm enjoying The Isle of Armor. I started a new game at the same time I bought the DLC, so I was doing bits of the Isle of Armor story while also doing the main story. That made the game feel fresh, almost like I was playing a traditional "third version". I didn't use any Isle of Armor Pokemon in the main story as I felt that would be cheating, but I couldn't resist using Max Soup on my Inteleon and Corviknight. It's been great to finally get my hands on some more Gigantamax Pokemon. Prior to playing The Isle of Armor, the only ones I'd ever managed to obtain were the gift Pikachu and Charizard, and two Butterfree from raids. I have three clusters of Max Mushrooms saved up, and I'm looking forward to catching a Lapras later to use them on.

The Isle of Armor's story is rather charming and the characters are memorable. I wish I hadn't followed Mustard's advice and trained Kubfu to Level 70, though, because it made the tower challenge much too easy.

Other things I like: the island's scenery, catching Dusk Lycanroc, and having a smart jacket to complete the look I wanted for my trainer.

What I'm looking forward to the most, though, is The Crown Tundra. The theme of The Crown Tundra is apparently "exploration", which has always been my favourite part of any Pokemon game. Scotland has a special place in my heart and I can't wait to explore its Pokemon world counterpart.

For anyone who's interested, the Expansion Pass is still available, at the time of writing, at a discounted price on a website called ShopTo. I'm not sponsored by them or anything, I just thought that info might be helpful to somebody! I was put off by the Expansion Pass' price at first, and it was that discount that swayed me.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Sharpedo chasing you was fun at first, then it got annoying.

In my experience it's fairly easy to avoid the Sharpedos, I usually just take a sharp turn either left or right, then press the A button to accelerate on the bike, and I can usually outspeed them.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Well I finally got a GMax Copperajah and a fourth GMax Coalosol with Steam Engine as the others I caught hav3 Flame Body.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Everyone knows how polarizing SwSh were and the DLC continued that. It's been around for almost a month now so what are you thoughts on it?