• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Bus

I feel your pain lol currently on 999+ Galarian Slowpoke (Pokedex doesn't record beyond that) . Still nothing.
Oh I'm well aware of that fact now lol

Baggie_Saiyan

I am on 480 for Buneary about to hit that magic 500 soon. Still no shiny yet. Tbh it's gone a lot quicker than expected and faster than eggs since Buneary spawn rate is pretty high. 3% chance of getting the 1/512 rate is so stupid though. But almost guaranteed square sparkles and the chance for a mark kinda makes it seem worth it. Eggs probably seem better for rare encounter Mons.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
I'm well over 2000 eggs for shiny Toxel. Little F*****

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The Isle of Armor pokemon aren't new, love.

What we're saying is if you want to get brand new pokemon yourself, you have to pay for it. Sure, you can trade for an Urshifu, but you'll have to wait until someone buys Isle of Armor, plays through the storylines of the DLC to get Urshifu, and decides to trade for it afterwards. And you have to have the pokemon they want to get it.

If you don't want to go through all that waiting, buy the DLC and get it yourself.

But again, we're not paying $14.99 for Kubfu and Urshifu. We're paying $14.99 for The Isle of Armor.
Plus you're paying $14.99 for new tutor moves, a slightly faster way to farm watts, a way to make any pokemon on your team capable of Gigantamaxing (if they have a form), new clothes & hairstyles, a way to get multiple versions of rare items in the games, and a slim chance to get ultra rare pokeballs

Everyone knows how polarizing SwSh were and the DLC continued that. It's been around for almost a month now so what are you thoughts on it?
I still haven't completely finished the Isle of Armor yet, but all & all it's a B+ addition. The story wasn't as developed as I hoped it would be, though I still enjoyed it & I never noticed until battling Honey that I really started to see myself as part of the Master Dojo family. Even though I've traveled around the island multiple times, I still haven't gotten tired of it like I have with the Wild Area & every once in a while I still get surprised with stuff like accessibility to certain locations or the types of items I can find.

Also, not only has my new team been great since it's given me the chance to try out pokemon I never used before, the new features have helped boost a lot of my pokemon from the main story & post game, turning them into competitive powerhouses. I've mentioned this before, but so far the only thing I flat-out hate about the DLC is the fact that the Giant Wailord doesn't respawn. Aside from that, this game has been a fun experience & I'll be a little bummed once I finally finish it.

Now I can't wait to see how the Crown Tundra ends up!!

Last edited:

Luthor

One interesting thing the anime did recently was allow a Feebas to evolve directly by using a prism scale. While I don't think it would be that simple in the games I wonder if this might be a hint as to something the next DLC might include. An alternative way of evolving trade pokemon. Is it probably just wishful thinking? probably. But I would like it.

Pokemon Power

One interesting thing the anime did recently was allow a Feebas to evolve directly by using a prism scale. While I don't think it would be that simple in the games I wonder if this might be a hint as to something the next DLC might include. An alternative way of evolving trade pokemon. Is it probably just wishful thinking? probably. But I would like it.
There may come a point where trading will all be done online. And I know there are some people who do it just so they can evolve their Pokemon and then trade back. We'll just have to see.
By the way, does anyone know when we'll get the next batch of new info for the Crown Tundra?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got the DLC today. :) Just traveled to the Isle of Armor.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Travel to Challenge Road, go to the highest peak of the mountain, walk to the edge, and pan the camera.

You're welcome.
Did it on my own, thanks anyway.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m actually thinking the CT will be delayed a bit and we might not get it until December instead of the fall as planned. IoA released on time I’m guessing because it was nearly complete before the virus outbreak and needed some testing to make sure it wasn’t full of bugs which could hinder gameplay. So far the number of bugs found and patched have been relatively small which is a bit surprising considering all of the developers had to finish the content from their own homes and couldn’t get together to work things out.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
I hate the idea of DLCs even though I bought it. The Isle content isn't even worth $30 of entertainment and should've been part of the post-game like the Battle Frontier was in Emerald. Though that would've also been made DLC if it was released today. $30 DLC and it seems to me that most of their effort went to the hide-and-seek game with 150 Digletts.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I hate the idea of DLCs even though I bought it. The Isle content isn't even worth $30 of entertainment and should've been part of the post-game like the Battle Frontier was in Emerald. Though that would've also been made DLC if it was released today. $30 DLC and it seems to me that most of their effort went to the hide-and-seek game with 150 Digletts.
The DLC isn't just Isle of Armor but also Crown Tundra fyi

BCVM22

I’m actually thinking the CT will be delayed a bit and we might not get it until December instead of the fall as planned.

Remember how everyone was positive this would be the case with the Isle of Armor, to the point of people asking daily and assuming despite repeated assurances to the contrary, or at the very least, no indications to that end?

Why do this to yourself? Yes, they left themselves a window rather than a specific release date, probably to account for that just in case, but it is now August of a pandemic that began in global earnest in January/February/March, and nothing of Nintendo’s has been delayed from a set release date yet. They’ve managed to get one round of Pokémon DLC, a Super Smash Bros. character, a Paper Mario game, and others out the door. And remember that Japan, like every other developed country, has handled their cases several magnitudes better than the USA has.

It serves no purpose to keep bringing this up and asking or assuming “okay but what if?” Take what we have at face value until and unless we get any indicator to the contrary. Otherwise it just unduly muddles the discussion of what we know for sure and what we don’t.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Remember how everyone was positive this would be the case with the Isle of Armor, to the point of people asking daily and assuming despite repeated assurances to the contrary, or at the very least, no indications to that end?

Why do this to yourself? Yes, they left themselves a window rather than a specific release date, probably to account for that just in case, but it is now August of a pandemic that began in global earnest in January/February/March, and nothing of Nintendo’s has been delayed from a set release date yet. They’ve managed to get one round of Pokémon DLC, a Super Smash Bros. character, a Paper Mario game, and others out the door. And remember that Japan, like every other developed country, has handled their cases several magnitudes better than the USA has.

It serves no purpose to keep bringing this up and asking or assuming “okay but what if?” Take what we have at face value until and unless we get any indicator to the contrary. Otherwise it just unduly muddles the discussion of what we know for sure and what we don’t.
I only think this because I think that CT was still in the process of being programmed while the IoA was already finished and just needed some testing to make sure everything was okay. Paper Mario was probably in the debugging part of development when it was announced because there is no way it could have Been completed so quickly after being announced. Min Min in Smash was already being finished and was being polished for Smash because Sakurai has mentioned that it takes several months for the team to work on new DLC Fighters after coming up with a concept.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's a big "what if" statement regardless.

We don't know exactly when Crowned Tundra will arrive, so we'll just wait to see any further developments.

Also, some preliminary data from Crowned Tundra has already been datamined, so it's probably not too far off anyway.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's a big "what if" statement regardless.

We don't know exactly when Crowned Tundra will arrive, so we'll just wait to see any further developments.

Also, some preliminary data from Crowned Tundra has already been datamined, so it's probably not too far off anyway.

I'm assuming it'll arrive in mid November.

Given the size of that baby, I'm willing to wait. I know it's going to be incredible!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm assuming it'll arrive in mid November.

Given the size of that baby, I'm willing to wait. I know it's going to be incredible!
Plus Nintendo may want to milk advertising it for the Christmas sales

BCVM22

I only think this because I think that CT was still in the process of being programmed while the IoA was already finished

I'm not sure we've been told that definitively. And if we have, again, the last comment we got on the subject (just prior to Isle's release as scheduled) was that Nintendo told the investor meeting that they intend to release both rounds of DLC "on schedule." And independent of that, it's still worth asking what purpose it serves to keep speculating on the subject in lieu of anything to suggest a delay.

If previously-confirmed Nintendo releases were dropping off the schedule one by one, absolutely. If we start getting any indication that they might not be able to get it out on time, then yes, absolutely, ask "what if?" But short of that, again, it doesn't seem to serve much purpose beyond trying to rustle up bad news where we not only haven't gotten any, not only haven't gotten suggestion of any, but at the rare opportunity where they do provide us an update, THAT doesn't suggest any delay either.