• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
The ultra beasts are going to be insane dynamaxed . Do you realise how broken it will be when they bring them and the tapus. Think about beast boost when dynamaxed with weakness policy or life orb on top. Think sp.att boost on poison move plus speed boost on K.O. And that's just nihilego!

I've been literally thinking about this for a long time and I do think if they let them Dynamax, some of them would literally be broken tier. I think the offensive ones especially would be extremely difficult to deal with. In the right conditions, it's too easy for it to spiral out of control and really hard to stop, especially considering how easy it is for them to boost their stats.

For this reason, I think if they really want a healthy meta, it's best for them to not be able to Dynamax. For the time being though, this is speculation, because who knows what will actually happen...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Tapu I don’t think will be broken if they Dynamax or Gigantamax. Terrains created by them can easily be changed or erased and it isn’t like they will out in a Raid for a very long time.

NoahVGC

What do you mean out in a raid for a long time? Are you taking about raids or competitive? Sorry, I just meant in competitive battles not den raids.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
What do you mean out in a raid for a long time? Are you taking about raids or competitive? Sorry, I just meant in competitive battles not den raids.
I meant the usual ten turns at most for any Raid. The battle always ends if four Pokémon faint or ten turns have passed no matter how close to being defeated the Raid Pokémon is.

NoahVGC

Yes sorry if I wasn't clear captain jigglypuff , I'm taking about competitive Pokémon battling. Doubles specifically but could also be valid for singles. But raids can be fun though.
I actually think tapu bulu might actually finally be viable this gen. It gets grassy glide and play rough!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Tapu I don’t think will be broken if they Dynamax or Gigantamax. Terrains created by them can easily be changed or erased and it isn’t like they will out in a Raid for a very long time.
The Tapus: "We are the legendary guardians of the Alola islands, we have power over the elements and will use terrains to increase our power and....wait, what's that sound?"
Ferrothorn with Steel Roller: "KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'"

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've been literally thinking about this for a long time and I do think if they let them Dynamax, some of them would literally be broken tier. I think the offensive ones especially would be extremely difficult to deal with. In the right conditions, it's too easy for it to spiral out of control and really hard to stop, especially considering how easy it is for them to boost their stats.

For this reason, I think if they really want a healthy meta, it's best for them to not be able to Dynamax. For the time being though, this is speculation, because who knows what will actually happen...

One possibility is a nerf: Beast Boost does not work when Dynamaxed.

That being said, we already have Gyarados, Pinsir, Heracross, Scrafty, and Krookodile available, all of whom have Moxie and can Dynamax, and all three of whom have Attack as their highest stat. None of them are overpowered. Gyarados is the only one even close to out-of-control. The Ultra Beasts I can see becoming problematic with Beast Boost are Pheromosa, Kartana, Nihilego, Blacephalon, and Naganadel, all of whom are because they are speedy Pokémon with at least one low defense stat. Maybe Xurkitree due to having a monster Sp. Attack stat and only one weakness. However, we feared Dynamax Barraskewda before Sword and Shield came out, and indeed, that fish was terrifying when you weren't prepared for it--but people DID find ways to fight it eventually, and now it's fast becoming irrelevant.

And if all else fails, there's always Focus Sash Malamar to go Topsy-Turvy on them.

Yes sorry if I wasn't clear captain jigglypuff , I'm taking about competitive Pokémon battling. Doubles specifically but could also be valid for singles. But raids can be fun though.
I actually think tapu bulu might actually finally be viable this gen. It gets grassy glide and play rough!

Tapu Bulu has always been viable, though he did trail behind the other three for the entirety of the generation. Definitely though, if he gets Grassy Glide, he'll catch up with the others or even exceed them.

The Tapus: "We are the legendary guardians of the Alola islands, we have power over the elements and will use terrains to increase our power and....wait, what's that sound?"
Ferrothorn with Steel Roller: "KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'"

And Scolipede, who can outrun any of them after one turn with Protect--or use Steel Roller right away if you think they expect a Protect coming!

MrJechgo

Any we're gonna get Legendary Pokémon, altogether since a long time... anyone here who wants special cutscenes between these before you have to fight them, or find them? Imagine seeing Raikou, Entei and Suicune together, maybe with Celebi hovering near them, questioning itself if its time-travelling pwoers went wild. I mean... we're getting 2 new Regi Pokémon, so the other 4 might be more involved. The same can be said for the Tapus, which now "aren't in Alola anymore", and are accessing the situation on why they are in another, colder region.

Who knows? Maybe Calyrex is involved in this or something.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Any we're gonna get Legendary Pokémon, altogether since a long time... anyone here who wants special cutscenes between these before you have to fight them, or find them? Imagine seeing Raikou, Entei and Suicune together, maybe with Celebi hovering near them, questioning itself if its time-travelling pwoers went wild. I mean... we're getting 2 new Regi Pokémon, so the other 4 might be more involved. The same can be said for the Tapus, which now "aren't in Alola anymore", and are accessing the situation on why they are in another, colder region.

Who knows? Maybe Calyrex is involved in this or something.
Sadly for most of them it is implied (for now) you don't get any special cutscenes since they are encountered at the end of Dynamax Adventures (it could be a possibility before you initiate the Raid Battle against them). Hopefully there will be one for the Regis, Galarian Legendary birds and Calyrex.

MrJechgo

Sadly for most of them it is implied (for now) you don't get any special cutscenes since they are encountered at the end of Dynamax Adventures (it could be a possibility before you initiate the Raid Battle against them). Hopefully there will be one for the Regis, Galarian Legendary birds and Calyrex.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that much ^^; Guess Let's Go kinda spoiled me, huh?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Yeah, we already know Dynamax Mewtwo & Zeraora are broken from the events, I’m already worried about having to fight Dynamaxed versions of Pokémon like Arceus or Groudon

PokeRobby

Dynamax Mewtwo and Zeraora were such difficult fights because of the barriers, the dynamic movesets, the automatic stat locks, and other in-game buffs and advantages that one used by a real person wouldn't necessarily have, though.

Wait what?! I missed the Mewtwo battle, I didn't knowo he was out for dynamax and catching!! I transferred my Lets Go Eevee version, but still, not the same.

Pokemon Power

Finally, we're getting more info on the Crown Tundra tomorrow. This is the seventh week in a row in which Nintendo has had an announcement of some kind.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Finally, we're getting more info on the Crown Tundra tomorrow. This is the seventh week in a row in which Nintendo has had an announcement of some kind.
It's been 10000 years with literally zero since IOA.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Release date please! What else could they show us?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I guess they will release the new DLC two-three weeks after the presentation like the first one. Mid-Late October is pretty likely anyway.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yelp, I still need to start on Isle of Armor.. :p