• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Nave

I think the Tapus (Telepathy) & Heatran (Flame Body) could maybe get their HA legalized in the CT

I'd like to use Telepathy Tapu Fini. Makes her immune to Discharge, which is one of my favourite moves to spam.
Would be cool to make Koko immune to Earthquake, but he really needs the Electric move boost.

The main ones that come to mind are the Galar fossils.

Sand Rush Dracozolt and Dracovish sounds scary. However, their coverage really relies on the abilities they usually have (Hustle for Dracozolt and Strong Jaws for Dracovish). Then again, I really like the idea of not having to give Dravovish a Choice Scarf, and it's typing fits well on sand teams.

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Sand Rush Dracozolt and Dracovish sounds scary. However, their coverage really relies on the abilities they usually have (Hustle for Dracozolt and Strong Jaws for Dracovish). Then again, I really like the idea of not having to give Dravovish a Choice Scarf, and it's typing fits well on sand teams.

this might be a dumb question but does having sand rush make them immune to taking damage from sandstorm?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
this might be a dumb question but does having sand rush make them immune to taking damage from sandstorm?
They’re immune. Stoutland has Sand Rush and is immune to the chip damage. Same goes for Sand Veil on Cacturne & Heliolisk.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Moved the last two posts over to the Spoiler thread and am deleting the originals here.

Let's keep spoilers, datamined information to the spoilers thread, thank you.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Has it been said anywhere whether the Ability Patch is a single-time consumeable or can be used multiple times? The Bulbapedia article on it just says "When used from the bag". I'm guessing it won't be an easy item to get hold of because of how potentially broken it could be, but it would be nice to get hold of at least a couple to give hidden abilites to a few of my semi-retired Pokemon like Rillaboom and Corviknight.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Has it been said anywhere whether the Ability Patch is a single-time consumeable or can be used multiple times? The Bulbapedia article on it just says "When used from the bag". I'm guessing it won't be an easy item to get hold of because of how potentially broken it could be, but it would be nice to get hold of at least a couple to give hidden abilites to a few of my semi-retired Pokemon like Rillaboom and Corviknight.

Current information suggests it will be a single use item.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m guessing single use just like the Ability Capsule so that players will need to work hard to get more. Otherwise everyone would be using the Patch on Scorbunny and choosing it over Grookey or Sobble and making things too chaotic with online tournaments. GF would never let something that broken to be unlimited and the Exp Share doesn’t count as you are able to turn it off and has a max peak of how much extra Exp your Pokémon get.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll probably use the first one on my starter (Cinderace).

Hey, I've exploited the passing egg moves via Day Care, the Hyper Training and Mint gimmicks already to improve him. Might give it the finishing touch of giving him Libero. Though I REFUSE to give him Max Soup. Not a fan of Gigantamax Cinderace

I'll give generation 8 this: they really made it possible to make our in-game team suited for competitive.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I have several pokemon I planned on giving the ability patch to (Cinderace, Clobbopus, Venusaur, Falinks, Exploud, Emolga) though I may also give it to my Corviknight since the return of Landorus could mean more players will use Intimidate on their teams

Luthor

The Pokemon I think will be a lot of fun with the ability patch will be the Galarian Fossils. That potential speed will make them harder to predict even if they aren't using their hidden ability and if they are using it the Fishous Rend and Bolt Beaks will be potentially very deadly.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
They could however trigger it with Max moves.
They could. But then, there’s also the power difference to consider. For Dracovish, it’s far better to only operate in rain to boost Fishious Rend to 255 BP if it moves first. With sand, it could only reach 170 BP.

Luthor

They could. But then, there’s also the power difference to consider. For Dracovish, it’s far better to only operate in rain to boost Fishious Rend to 255 BP if it moves first. With sand, it could only reach 170 BP.

Admittedly Dracovish is probably the one that will benefit the least from it.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Admittedly Dracovish is probably the one that will benefit the least from it.

I’d suggest hustle dracozolt being superior also. It’s got a reasonable enough base speed that with a scarf, it’ll outspeed a significant proportion of Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Moved a couple of posts over to the spoiler thread. Let's keep spoiler talk to that thread. Thank you.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
A new Japanese commercial for the Crown Tundra. Nothing new, but still fun to watch.
One minor thing: It looks like Boltund (& possibly Yamper) will be available in the Crown Tundra

Golden_Arcanine

One minor thing: It looks like Boltund (& possibly Yamper) will be available in the Crown Tundra

Was there any reason to believe they weren't going to be available? They're in the mainline game.

Carkol

Was there any reason to believe they weren't going to be available? They're in the mainline game.
Lol. I feel like there's nothing much to talk about until CT comes out in 2 weeks, and find out what's in the datamines.

I can't wait for the datamines. You know how IOA datamine gave clues about CT? Well maybe CT datamine will gives clues on what's after. Hoping for a 3rd DLC. And the CT datamine/Home datamine will prolly have clues on a 2nd or 3rd mythical pokemon.