• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Lol. I feel like there's nothing much to talk about until CT comes out in 2 weeks, and find out what's in the datamines.

I can't wait for the datamines. You know how IOA datamine gave clues about CT? Well maybe CT datamine will gives clues on what's after. Hoping for a 3rd DLC. And the CT datamine/Home datamine will prolly have clues on a 2nd or 3rd mythical pokemon.
I’m actually hoping for a Mythical based on a medieval dragon. Something that is bipedal like Dragonite And Druddigon But with massive wings like Salamence and a serpent like body. Either that or a Basilisk.

Carkol

I’m actually hoping for a Mythical based on a medieval dragon. Something that is bipedal like Dragonite And Druddigon But with massive wings like Salamence and a serpent like body. Either that or a Basilisk.
Yea, something that we are lacking is a Bug/Dragon pokemon. You would think England would do great with more dragons.

Months ago I was thinking there was gonna be a mythical Ghost clock pokemon, though somewhat related to the Big Ben.

Out of curiosity does anyone miss the old mythical pokemon that were small, and had an all-round base stat of 100? Victini was the last 1. They were generally single-elemented, or paired with psychic. Wouldn't mind a small Ice or Poison type with an all-round stat of 100.

Orphalesion

For a dragon it would be nice to have a mythical/legendary that resembles the red dragon depicted on Runerigus' stone surface (which, if I'm not mistaken is inspired by the designs on runestones that the Vikings left in England?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
One of the things I really appreciate about the Wild Area and Expansion Pass is having the evolve-through-trade Pokemon like Machamp, Gengar and Rhyperior available to catch in the wild. Seeing Magmortar in this new trailer made me happier than it probably should have.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
Something that's been on my mind for a bit after seeing the recent trailers, but I wonder if roaming legendary Pokemon are returning this time around in the Crown Tundra. More specifically, the Galarian Birds. One of the trailers showcased a Galarian Articuno flying across the Crown Tundra as the player character witnesses it and seemingly chases after it. This makes me wonder if we have to chase the Galarian birds around the Crown Tundra like we did with a lot of previous legendary Pokemon in previous generations (such as the Kantonian Birds in Platinum+XY, Latis, Raikou/Entei/Suicune, Torn/Thundurus, etc.), only this time we actually see them in the overworld flying around different locations and have to hunt them down one by one and capture them+battle them (and also having them potentially escape first turn like old roaming legendaries). I've kind of missed how frustrating Roaming Legendaries are so maybe this will be an interesting return for them if they turn out to be roaming the Crown Tundra.

Also hoping the Regis have interesting puzzles and dungeons to obtain them in CT. They've always been cool in the sense that they are pretty interesting and mysterious and have always had interestingly complex puzzles to reach them.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Something that's been on my mind for a bit after seeing the recent trailers, but I wonder if roaming legendary Pokemon are returning this time around in the Crown Tundra. More specifically, the Galarian Birds. One of the trailers showcased a Galarian Articuno flying across the Crown Tundra as the player character witnesses it and seemingly chases after it. This makes me wonder if we have to chase the Galarian birds around the Crown Tundra like we did with a lot of previous legendary Pokemon in previous generations (such as the Kantonian Birds in Platinum+XY, Latis, Raikou/Entei/Suicune, Torn/Thundurus, etc.), only this time we actually see them in the overworld flying around different locations and have to hunt them down one by one and capture them+battle them (and also having them potentially escape first turn like old roaming legendaries). I've kind of missed how frustrating Roaming Legendaries are so maybe this will be an interesting return for them if they turn out to be roaming the Crown Tundra.

Also hoping the Regis have interesting puzzles and dungeons to obtain them in CT. They've always been cool in the sense that they are pretty interesting and mysterious and have always had interestingly complex puzzles to reach them.

It would be an interesting idea, and one we haven't seen in a bit, but I do find the concept to be annoying. Chasing after these roaming Legendary Pokémon is like trying to swat a fly. They're always nearby, but they also always slip out of my grasp.

That being said, I did like the brief shot of Galarian Zapdos running past the player character.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only thing I don’t like about the DLC is that the level curve doesn’t work like we initially thought it would (trainers and pokémon’s levels change based on the first pokémon in your party). I’ve managed to adapt to every pokémon starting at level 60, but it does get annoying when you want to catch unevolved pokémon and gradually level them up like I did in the main game

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I’ve just learned that the giant Wailord DOES respawn if you accidentally KO it or run from it. It seems to a rare situation but I know for a fact that my Urshifu KO’d it shortly after IoA release and today it was back!

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
So I’ve just learned that the giant Wailord DOES respawn if you accidentally KO it or run from it. It seems to a rare situation but I know for a fact that my Urshifu KO’d it shortly after IoA release and today it was back!

It's not 100% certain from what I understand, but apparently it's supposed to respawn once a month from what I've heard from other people. Granted I'm going off of what I've heard from others but this would be believable.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's not 100% certain from what I understand, but apparently it's supposed to respawn once a month from what I've heard from other people. Granted I'm going off of what I've heard from others but this would be believable.

Regrettably, Wailord is still gone from my game. Do you perhaps need to release it from the PC first?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is true that u can access CT only after u completed the main game's plot?
I don’t know but if I had to guess I think it’s operating under the assumption that you already beat the main game and the Isle of Armor, so that would make some sense.
The main gimmick from this patch is that it’s a legendary pokémon hub, so it would make sense if that’s the case

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
Is true that u can access CT only after u completed the main game's plot?

We don't know when it will be accessible: they haven't officially confirmed it. We'll have to see when the Crown Tundra actually comes into play and we can actually play it, and perhaps when the levels get datamined.

I imagine at least some of it will be post-game at least, but the entire segment being post-game wouldn't be out of the question. Early-game is most certainly not in the cards, however.

The earliest I could conceivably see CT being accessible is around mid-game, around the time the player reaches Hammerlocke after getting three badges. If you look at the map of Galar there's an unused train station between Motostoke and Hammerlocke, closer to Hammerlocke, which could conceivably be the Crown Station where people take Corviknight taxis to the Crown Tundra. The Isle of Armor itself is designed with the early game in mind, with the idea being you start it around the time you sign up for the Gym Challenge, and intertwine the trials with the first three badges (the campaign levels pre-Champion Cup are around Level 10 for the first Avery/Klara battle up to Level 30 for the towers). Considering Urshifu can be obtained as low as around Level 30, it wouldn't surprise me if we could obtain the Legendary Birds and the Regis pre-Champion Cup at around Level 35 for the former and possibly Level 40-ish for the latter, considering the old birds and Regis have tended to be obtainable pre-Champion Cup since they're minor legendaries. I think it's conceivable that *at least* the Galarian Birds and Regis could be obtainable during the main game's plot due to how relatively minor they are, but I definitely imagine Calyrex and other returning raid legendaries and such will most definitely be post-game, especially since from IoA, the G-Max Urshifu miniquest and the final battle with Mustard are post-game only.

If it does end up being a mid-game entry, I imagine the idea will be you intertwine Isle of Armor with the first three gyms, "finish" it (ie up to the Towers of Two Fists and evolve Kubfu), then intertwine Crown Tundra for the rest of the game up to the Champion Cup, then circle back to both IoA and CT to finish them up for the post-game. I imagine CT will definitely also have some of its areas be post-game oriented, since some of the wild Pokemon from datamined encounter tables and recent screenshots provided by the website suggest there can be wild encounters ranging from Level 60-63. Of course, that could also mean *everything* in the CT is post-game, which is the other possibility. We'll have to see about that when it actually releases, however.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I suspect Calyrex will be part of a legendary trio, the kind with a base stat total from 570 to 580, and will have a similar status as that. Datamines show...

...that it's connected to the white horse and black horse in some way, so I think Calyrex would be the leader of the trio, just like how Landorus is the leader of Tornadus and Thundurus or how Cobalion is the leader of Terrakion and Virizion.

I mean, we already have Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus as the purposely overpowered ones, and so far, Generation VIII lacks a lower-grade set of Legendary Pokémon that all generations have except VI.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I suspect Calyrex will be part of a legendary trio, the kind with a base stat total from 570 to 580, and will have a similar status as that. Datamines show...

...that it's connected to the white horse and black horse in some way, so I think Calyrex would be the leader of the trio, just like how Landorus is the leader of Tornadus and Thundurus or how Cobalion is the leader of Terrakion and Virizion.

I mean, we already have Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus as the purposely overpowered ones, and so far, Generation VIII lacks a lower-grade set of Legendary Pokémon that all generations have except VI.
Well only 11 more days before we can find out all the secrets that the Crown Tundra holds. I think that a couple of new G-Max moves are coming along with more Galarian forms with the most probable being Jynx. This Gen seems to love giving the underused and unpopular Pokémon something special such as Mr. Mime getting a new regional form and evolution which players seem to connect with far more than the original form and Kingler getting a Gigantamax form which made players actually want to use it after passing it up several times in the series for much better Water types even though Kingler has never been an extremely terrible Pokémon to use on a team.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well only 11 more days before we can find out all the secrets that the Crown Tundra holds. I think that a couple of new G-Max moves are coming along with more Galarian forms with the most probable being Jynx. This Gen seems to love giving the underused and unpopular Pokémon something special such as Mr. Mime getting a new regional form and evolution which players seem to connect with far more than the original form and Kingler getting a Gigantamax form which made players actually want to use it after passing it up several times in the series for much better Water types even though Kingler has never been an extremely terrible Pokémon to use on a team.

Of course, neither Mr. Rime nor Kingler have really been seen much even in Ranked.

Some of the data suggests, though, that the few people who do use Mr. Rime at a competitive level under VGC rules do so really well.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Of course, neither Mr. Rime nor Kingler have really been seen much even in Ranked.

Some of the data suggests, though, that the few people who do use Mr. Rime at a competitive level under VGC rules do so really well.
True but still some of the more unpopular and unused Pokémon got something this Gen that made people want to use them during a playthrough. People ripped on Kantonian Mr. Mime’s look all the time and how stupid Stunfisk was but Galarian Mr. Mime and Galarian Stunfisk both got praise for their new forms’ design. Even Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan is more we’ll liked and desired compared to its regular form. Unovan Zen Mode Darmanitan was mostly disliked for how bad the Ability was for activating only at 50% or below max HP and how horrible its Speed stat was which meant it wasn’t going to last more than one turn in Zen Mode where as Galarian Zen Mode Darmanitan actually gets faster. Plus Unovan Darmanitan gains two additional weaknesses in Zen Mode but Galarian Darmanitan gets two swapped out and another that becomes a 4x weakness but you’re most likely going to outspeed most threats and can use it for at least another two turns.