• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Works out for me, as that's a standard office work day for me. I'll check if Crown Tundra becomes available upon arriving home, though I suppose I might as well go get some pizza to take back too.

Imagine how annoying that would be if one of the Pokemon you caught before the Legendary was a Shiny.....

You can always try again, I suppose. I know with soaring and Ultra Warp Ride, failure to catch a Legendary Pokémon or knocking it out would allow you to come back some other time for another shot.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So what time is this DLC going to drop? It's past 5PM, October 22nd in Japan and it's still not out.

BCVM22

So what time is this DLC going to drop? It's past 5PM, October 22nd in Japan and it's still not out.

Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Time and as we said on the last page, they made a point of noting it’ll be out on 10/22 in North America, and 10/23 in Europe and Japan. So we can probably extrapolate and carry the 1 and i before e except after eating and figure out a range of times for us, all of which are at some point later today, once the other side of the world crosses the dateline.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Time and as we said on the last page, they made a point of noting it’ll be out on 10/22 in North America, and 10/23 in Europe and Japan. So we can probably extrapolate and carry the 1 and i before e except after eating and figure out a range of times for us, all of which are at some point later today, once the other side of the world crosses the dateline.
Pretty much any Nintendo DLC is always released this way. Smash is released 9PM EST while Japan gets its on the following day. That is how I estimated when we would get CT. Sure the US gets it a day earlier than Japan, Australia, and Europe per say but not by much really. The western part of the US will have longer in the day to play than the east coast.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
All I know is that I get off work at 3:30 pm EST, so hopefully the Crown Tundra will be available by then.

The hardest part will be avoiding spoilers until then. I'm staying away from the rumors forum because of the recent datamines, but there's still YouTube & Twitter -_-

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
I’m guessing a mix of both now that I think about it. Time limit on battles to get them and then they roam again mayb
All I know is that I get off work at 3:30 pm EST, so hopefully the Crown Tundra will be available by then.

The hardest part will be avoiding spoilers until then. I'm staying away from the rumors forum because of the recent datamines, but there's still YouTube & Twitter -_-
I agree with you. I don’t want to be spoiled storywise, or extras that no one has mentioned so I’m just going to go a day without my iPhone not looking at stuff until I get to play crown tundra for a lot of hours.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I read on Twitter 7-9pm in the US

Doesn't mean it's true, but we might have a long wait

PokéIce

So, are the Galarian forms of the legendary birds be roaming Pokémon or just scattered at some random places? Just asking since moves like Mean Look no longer exist in SwSh...

I think roaming judging by footage and some new info but I think you'll just have to track them down in the overworld and once in the battle they can't flee, atleast that's what I hope.

Captain Jigglypuff

I think roaming judging by footage and some new info but I think you'll just have to track them down in the overworld and once in the battle they can't flee, atleast that's what I hope.
I’m thinking the same thing. The CT is supposed to be pretty big and having to chase roaming Legendaries seems like it would be more of a headache to do than in a 2D game given how huge any one location in the Wild Area and cities are in SwSh.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I read on Twitter 7-9pm in the US

Doesn't mean it's true, but we might have a long wait
Sounds reasonable to me, I got plenty of free time during that period too.

Captain Jigglypuff

So, are the Galarian forms of the legendary birds be roaming Pokémon or just scattered at some random places? Just asking since moves like Mean Look no longer exist in SwSh...
They still exist. I just faced a Clefable that used Metronome to make Mean Look happen. Block is also in the game. Only Spiderweb is the only trapping move to be removed.

Bus

I think the people earlier are correct. Toypically Smash DLC releases around 9pm or so. Thats probably standard for all of Nintendo's stuff, so we're looking around a 9pm drop. Which sucks becuase I tend to go to bed early for work the next day, so I'm only going to have like an hour and a half or so to explore before going to sleep lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think the people earlier are correct. Toypically Smash DLC releases around 9pm or so. Thats probably standard for all of Nintendo's stuff, so we're looking around a 9pm drop. Which sucks becuase I tend to go to bed early for work the next day, so I'm only going to have like an hour and a half or so to explore before going to sleep lol.

I usually go to bed around 8:30pm, which means I won't be able to play the game until tomorrow afternoon. :confused:

scififan21

Isle of Armor was in the afternoon though wasn't it?

Bus

Isle of Armor was in the afternoon though wasn't it?
Depends on your timezone, I suppose. I'm EST, so for me, releases are typically in the evening.