• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

scififan21

I always mess up time zones. I'm in the Midwest so generally a nice release time.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I really hope it isn't too late at night. I have to walk over to me sister's to download the update.

Wish they made more clarification on the specific time of release.

scififan21

^ I know right I was hoping it would come out earlier since I have a day off from work today.

GalenIYIarek

Can't wait to play! It's SO CLOSE!

I'm coming around to the idea of using "rental" Pokemon for the Raids. It'll really let the character designs for Pokemon shine. Hopefully some will have special egg moves like the Radiant Pokemon and certain Pokemon in Raid Dens have. But I'm good with just Lvl up movesets. Bring it on!

Pokemon with Healer or Leaf Guard abilities will have utility. Aromatherapy, Life Dew, Pollen Puff, Heal Pulse, Safeguard, Screens will be valuable. I love it! Synergies like Toxic + Venom Drench could extend across 2 Pokemon you encounter; Lightning Rod + Electrify.... It'll be worth it when stuff like that comes together because you're talking with your friends or notice an NPC picks a Pokemon that can work well with your pick or vice versa. I think it'll let natural Pokemon design SHINE!

Also, I'll be the happiest trainer if I ever find a Rest + Snore Dedenne in a den to use against a Legendary. Because that's what Dedenne do!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone decided on who they’re going to pair up with for the Galarian Star Tournament yet?

Right now the three main choices I’m thinking of are Hop, Bede, & Marnie since they basically become your best friends during the main campaign, but I’m not sure if I want to team up with someone else like Bea or Raihan. Plus, if they surprise us by making Sonia an option, I may try battling with her just to see what other pokémon she’s have besides Yamper

BCVM22

Is it confirmed if anyone has received the update yet. I've been checking all day and not one update on my switch console yet

You don't need to keep asking. Keep checking the website or the thread if you need to be up to the minute, and there's zero doubt someone or Serebii will update as the various patches, versions, and the DLC itself go live.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You don't need to keep asking. Keep checking the website or the thread if you need to be up to the minute, and there's zero doubt someone or Serebii will update as the various patches, versions, and the DLC itself go live.
Oohh sorry. Synchronizing a european clock with other timezones for events like this has always been a hassle with setting a countdown timer on my phone.

I have a question. Is it possible to join in on legendary raids in the new update even if you don't have it (similar to how you can join in on max raid battles against creatures that were released in the isle of armor)

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
It's likely that since the legendaries won't be in standard raids, they will require the dlc to participate. But the pokemon themselves will be tradeable regardless

BCVM22

I don't believe the Legendary Raids are Max Raids - what we know would suggest that Dynamax Adventures are a separate mechanic entirely, and not the sort of thing you can access from outside The Crown Tundra.

Once caught, the Legendaries can be passed around via standard means.

Oohh sorry. Synchronizing a european clock with other timezones for events like this has always been a hassle with setting a countdown timer on my phone.

I have a question. Is it possible to join in on legendary raids in the new update even if you don't have it (similar to how you can join in on max raid battles against creatures that were released in the isle of armor)
Apparently you can. You can join in raids of version exclusive legendaries. You can only catch one legendary of each per game though. As in, let's say you've caught Lugia before. You can join in someone else's Lugia raid but can't catch it. You can catch and keep a non-legendary from that run though and any reward items.

EDIT: Misunderstood the question, no you need the update, but can join version exclusive raids of the other version.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
One thing I am curious about is how the CT area connects to Galar? Will we get there by train+bird like we did with the first dlc area?

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Well, where I live, Pokémon HOME is under maintenance until midnight, where I will go wild on importing my 3DS Pokémons to breed them in my Shield version. I have over 180 Mons that need to be bred so they can have eggs that originate from the Switch, most of them being in Safari Balls... so adding more Pokémons to breed... Thanks goodness it only costs 500$ and that I have a Pikachu with Pay Day, giving me at least 100$ per wild Pokémon fight :p

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It just started maintenance on my end. And Unown is still impossible to get.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maintenance started. Ends at midnight. So I guess the DLC doesn't proc until sometime afterward? Or in the middle? Idk.

scififan21

Maintenance is going until 11pm on my end. Hopefully CT drops in the meantime perhaps?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I really hope CT doesn’t release at midnight EST ._.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think it will be released before midnight EST.

We would be treading into 23rd territory if it became midnight.

I think sometime during maintenance is when we'll get it.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
^ I know right I was hoping it would come out earlier since I have a day off from work today.
Me too. I have to get up REALLY early for work, so I usually go to bed around 8:30/9:00 so if it releases any later than 7:30 central, I won't get to play it until tomorrow afternoon. :/