• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just caught a Heatran in a Level Ball during my second Dynamax adventure. Surprisingly the NPCs aren’t that bad in the Dynamax Adventures. They have a few annoying tendencies, but they’re nowhere near as bad as Gentleman Martin.

I’m planning on boxing or releasing most of the legendaries I encounter here, but I think I’ll keep Heatran since it fits pretty well with my other pokémon

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I’m planning on boxing or releasing most of the legendaries I encounter here, but I think I’ll keep Heatran since it fits pretty well with my other pokémon
I wouldn't release any of your legendaries. Either box them, or trade them for something nice.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wouldn't release any of your legendaries. Either box them, or trade them for something nice.
I meant releasing them back to the dens so I can keep encountering them in Dynamax Adventures.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I did 3 Max Adventures.
Ended up getting a Sceptile, Exploud, and Malamar as I had CPU teammates who couldn't beat a Dialga or Tapu Fini. CPU because others couldn't join quick enough.

Bus

My Raid Adventure went pretty well. I had AI that was competent and useful.
It honestly depends on who they have. Sometimes you can manipulate it. The AI will always switch out a pokemon if you pass it up after catching, so if you catch one that has nothing but attacking moves and pass on it, you guarantee one of your partners to do nothing but attack. But sometimes they prioritize defense, so if one of them has, say, a Mantine, they'll spam Wide Guard every move instead of an attack.

I missed the Suicune because the AI Jolteon used Helping Hand every turn (despite having Rising Voltage or Shadow ball it could have used), the Shiinotic kept using Strength Sap & Rain Dance, and the Combusken, whenever it came back from being 1-shot, used Featherdance immediately or missed with Focus Blast (Combusken was on the Raid Adventure since I had started; it started every battle with Rain Dance, then missed with Focus Blast, then used Featherdance. Every time).

Last edited:

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I agree with you Bus. The AI kept on using status moves for me

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The only thing about this that I pity is that the new regis is another "choose and can't return" thing where you either choose one or the other thing again like with the Horses.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
Well I don’t if anyone found out about this yet but if you talk to the person who gives the crown tundra Pokédex to you (with Meltan in a box, or party) she gives you a hex nut clothing item. Funny, but weird. I’m going to play more crown tundra today. Met Callyrex and had a 4th wall brief moment (storywise)

ebevan91

I agree with you Bus. The AI kept on using status moves for me

I had a Pokemon with the move Hex so the AI spamming status moves worked out in my favor.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Looking at the old moves that still can’t be used in SwSh and the ones that can, I’ve noticed one that is extremely odd. Ice Hammer, Crabominable’s signature move. It is programmed into the game yet Crabrawler and Crabominable are still unobtainable in the game. It’s weird that no other Pokémon can learn the move and it wasn’t cut.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I did 3 Max Adventures.
Ended up getting a Sceptile, Exploud, and Malamar as I had CPU teammates who couldn't beat a Dialga or Tapu Fini. CPU because others couldn't join quick enough.
Wait, you can keep the non legendary pokémon you encounter in the Dynamax Adventures?

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Woke up and I see no one has confirmed Victini being catchable.

Looks like it's just Keldeo. That's a bummer.

Bus

Looking at the old moves that still can’t be used in SwSh and the ones that can, I’ve noticed one that is extremely odd. Ice Hammer, Crabominable’s signature move. It is programmed into the game yet Crabrawler and Crabominable are still unobtainable in the game. It’s weird that no other Pokémon can learn the move and it wasn’t cut.
Probably, as much as I hate to admit it, because the game had pretty much everything ported from Sun/Moon. The pokemon themselves had to be updated and/or retooled for the new game, but since moves can easy be locked out from different pokemon and take up little to no data, there was no reason to remove any. Same with abilities; I wouldn't be surprised if we found 'Shields Down' still in the game's data despite Minior being the only one with that ability and not in the Dex.

Woke up and I see no one has confirmed Victini being catchable.

Looks like it's just Keldeo. That's a bummer.

Are any of the 'small' legends catchable? Mew, Celebi, Manaphy, Jirachi, Victini, Magearna, Hoopa, Marshadow, etc? I don't think any of them are in.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Surprisingly yes. I shook that Dynamax Tree and got pulled into battle with a Dynamaxed Greedent And Dynamaxed my Calyrex Rider But it was taken out quickly by a Max Darkness Attack. I did KO Greedent with my Zacian’s Close Combat and received tons of Berries.
Intersting:)
I still don't get why they did not give 100 across the board for base Calyrex stats.

Now we have a new Phione or Carbink...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So Heatran can't learn Steel Beam? I was planning on teaching it since its high Special Attack would make up for the HP drop, but the main site says it can't learn that move

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Are any of the 'small' legends catchable? Mew, Celebi, Manaphy, Jirachi, Victini, Magearna, Hoopa, Marshadow, etc? I don't think any of them are in.

Manaphy and Hoppa aren't even in the game.

Right now Keldeo is the only one confirmed to be getable in-game.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Christ sake, Shadow Rider Calyrex nearly wiped my entire team while trying to catch it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Probably, as much as I hate to admit it, because the game had pretty much everything ported from Sun/Moon. The pokemon themselves had to be updated and/or retooled for the new game, but since moves can easy be locked out from different pokemon and take up little to no data, there was no reason to remove any. Same with abilities; I wouldn't be surprised if we found 'Shields Down' still in the game's data despite Minior being the only one with that ability and not in the Dex.

Dang. I'm not planning on getting a Pokeball Plus for $50 just for Mew. So onto double checking my older games for one that I can move up.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Not exactly true. Spotlight was cut and it debuted in Gen VII. Even stranger is that every Pokémon that got it through level up are in SwSh either through the base game or IoA. Spinda is the only Pokémon that had access to the move but that was through breeding.