• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

GalenIYIarek

Has the Crown Tundra add any new method to obtaining the Apriballs?
I checked online and someone said there is but I couldn't find any additional info beyond that?

Apparently, you can get Dream Balls from 5 star yellow Delibird Dens in the Crown Tundra but haven't seen apri-balls.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ok, has ANYONE find out where Victini is supposed to be?? It’s in the game and is supposedly encounterable like Keldeo but it’s nowhere to be seen.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The most surreal part of Crown Tundra is fossil Pokemon appearing alongside "modern" Pokemon in the wild. Somehow the Crown Tundra is a heaven of sort that the fossil Pokemon did not become extinct where elsewhere you have to restore them from their fossils.

Edit: Crown Tundra also seems to have exclusive (to the area) AI raid partners, recently had a woman that had a Tyrantrum when I did a Raid with a HA Golbat.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just finished the quest involving Calyrex.

I rather liked this one. Calyrex being able to actually talk by possessing Peony was an interesting quirk and reminds me of the anime where several different legendaries use telepathy to talk to Ash and co. As with most Pokemon stories, the plot isn't anything to write home about, but in making Calyrex an actual character in the storyline that can actually speak to you and then the two of you working together to try and restore his power and reunite with his steed you really form a special bond with it. Really made me want to ride alongside Calyrex on his steed (in my case, I chose Spectrier), but I guess I'll just have to settle for him following along behind me. I'd definitely like to see a storyline like this in a future main game storyline, it's kind of a step up from Nebby where not only is it a central character in the story but one that has dialogue and characterization, becoming a full character in its own right.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Finally played the DLC. I ignored the main quest and explored the whole place. And I gotta say, it's quite HUGE. Though still disappointed with the lack of trainers to battle and the barren caves. I like that it's a little more maze-like though. I still wish they felt more dungeon-ish and puzzly like the old games.

So many items scattered about though. And having hail in most battles got annoying.

Managed to 100% all 3 footprints before actually starting the story. Then after the introduction of Dynamax Adventure, I've held off on continuing the story again to catch legendaries. But man, Zygarde is so annoying to catch. Got thrown out of the den 6 times. I desperately want to use my own Pokemon. :/ But it's quite fun trying to pick the right Pokemon and path.

KierTronik

Oshawott is bab
Finally played the DLC. I ignored the main quest and explored the whole place. And I gotta say, it's quite HUGE. Though still disappointed with the lack of trainers to battle and the barren caves. I like that it's a little more maze-like though. I still wish they felt more dungeon-ish and puzzly like the old games.

So many items scattered about though. And having hail in most battles got annoying.

Managed to 100% all 3 footprints before actually starting the story. Then after the introduction of Dynamax Adventure, I've held off on continuing the story again to catch legendaries. But man, Zygarde is so annoying to catch. Got thrown out of the den 6 times. I desperately want to use my own Pokemon. :/ But it's quite fun trying to pick the right Pokemon and path.
Wow 100% on all footprints before the story is.... impressive.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
But man, Zygarde is so annoying to catch. Got thrown out of the den 6 times. I desperately want to use my own Pokemon. :/ But it's quite fun trying to pick the right Pokemon and path.
The most annoying part of raid dens is when CPU partners always trade their capable Pokemon for a less capable one (at least for the particular raid). Yes, let's take a Rock type Pokemon with us to battle Suicune.

The most surreal part of Crown Tundra is fossil Pokemon appearing alongside "modern" Pokemon in the wild. Somehow the Crown Tundra is a heaven of sort that the fossil Pokemon did not become extinct where elsewhere you have to restore them from their fossils.
This reminds me of how in Ranger games, they appear normally in the overworld as well.
One of the boss battles in the second game involves two Rampardos.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took my first Dynamax Adventure, wish it involved actual cave exploration, but other than that, I had a lot of fun. Battled and caught Suicune in a Luxury Ball. :)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The most annoying part of raid dens is when CPU partners always trade their capable Pokemon for a less capable one (at least for the particular raid). Yes, let's take a Rock type Pokemon with us to battle Suicune.

This reminds me of how in Ranger games, they appear normally in the overworld as well.
One of the boss battles in the second game involves two Rampardos.
Oh my god. This happens all the time. I haven't found a single match where I could count anyone to choose the right type for the endgame boss. I just tell myself every time, it's probably just some little kids wanting their favorite Pokemon.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
My advice for getting NPCs to not be complete idiots is to establish the route you’ll take beforehand. It’s not foolproof but at least you can hope for the best based on type advantages that if you don’t swap your Pokémon, the one the NPCs get will hopefully be something that has an advantage over the last raid battle. thats worked out so far for me although it’s not 100% because it’s still RNG based

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My advice for getting NPCs to not be complete idiots is to establish the route you’ll take beforehand. It’s not foolproof but at least you can hope for the best based on type advantages that if you don’t swap your Pokémon, the one the NPCs get will hopefully be something that has an advantage over the last raid battle. thats worked out so far for me although it’s not 100% because it’s still RNG based
That's pretty much what I tried to do. So far, been having decent luck.

Autobot N

I rather liked this one. Calyrex being able to actually talk by possessing Peony was an interesting quirk and reminds me of the anime where several different legendaries use telepathy to talk to Ash and co. As with most Pokemon stories, the plot isn't anything to write home about, but in making Calyrex an actual character in the storyline that can actually speak to you and then the two of you working together to try and restore his power and reunite with his steed you really form a special bond with it. Really made me want to ride alongside Calyrex on his steed (in my case, I chose Spectrier), but I guess I'll just have to settle for him following along behind me. I'd definitely like to see a storyline like this in a future main game storyline, it's kind of a step up from Nebby where not only is it a central character in the story but one that has dialogue and characterization, becoming a full character in its own right.
Pokemon Z would have been perfect for that. We could have encountered Zygarde early on as a Core and have it journey with us, before revealing its true nature later in the story.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive

Honestly I went into CT with very low expectations because I was pretty let down with IoA but I was impressed with the story in CT.

I definitely didn’t expect Calyrex to be a whole *** character and somebody earlier mentioned how they didn’t go with the obvious plot ending the story with everybody remembering Calyrex and restoring its powers fully by having the peoples’ faith. Instead Calyrex accepted that people had moved on and he also chose to move on but not without his old steed friend. Pretty cool honestly.

Another thing I loved is that Crown Tundra somehow feels more like a genuine expansion to Galar. 100% a different feel than IoA which actually felt very much like a huge tangent.
CT being physically attached to the rest of Galar also helps that in my opinion. The story felt more connected to everything else in Galar. It’s mentioned multiple times that the Crown Tundra is almost untouched on purpose. It’s not extremely populated and that’s kind of the whole point. Certain Pokémon go there to remain out of human’s way and it makes it feel like oh okay it makes sense why we didn’t know about this place before.

anyway yeah I really liked it. Much more than IoA

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is Spiritomb capable of getting a mark? I know the special conditions to encounter & catch it, but I didn't know if I could soft reset battling it since I want to try and get a marked one.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I caught Registeel last night and it took a long time. I mainly stalled it with Eternatus and after 30 Dusk Balls, I caught it.

zeroxros7

So, quick question has anyone else encountered the dynamax Greedent you encounter by trying to shake the dynatree? Cause I just did and as far as I can tell there is no mention of it on Serebii and it feels like something that should be mentioned somewhere considering you are alone for the battle and it goes until all your pokemon are knocked out or you possibly catch (I couldn't beat it in my encounter so I don't know for sure). Also, it seems really tough.

aerial_ace

Question about dynamax adventure. Is it just me but i did a about 6/7 of them and encountered suicune about 5 times even though i already caught it. Does anyone else experience this issue ??

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So, quick question has anyone else encountered the dynamax Greedent you encounter by trying to shake the dynatree? Cause I just did and as far as I can tell there is no mention of it on Serebii and it feels like something that should be mentioned somewhere considering you are alone for the battle and it goes until all your pokemon are knocked out or you possibly catch (I couldn't beat it in my encounter so I don't know for sure). Also, it seems really tough.
It isn’t catchable. I found it too. It’s like the Dynamax Vespiquen you need to fight to get the Max Honey only this time the reward is a ton of Berries.