• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If it was meant to be a transfer only Pokémon then it wouldn’t have been listed as a static encounter this is further proven by the fact that a Keldeo and Victini are the only mythical Pokémon to be listed as static encounters in the dlc, while Volcanion and the other mythical Pokémon aren’t listed as static encounters and yet your able to transfer them in.

Having a static encounter in the code doesn't guarantee anything. Poipole and Cosmog also have static encounters but the way you receive those two are through gifts.

Halkel

Experimentalist
I think he might be referring to it being a slow Ice type, not just a slow Pokemon. Ice not resisting anything but itself + low speed is kind of a bad combination.
That's a good point.

Also, has anyone else had issues with the Ability Patch? I just used one on my Shiny Flawless Blaziken I had since Gen 5 (Self bred, not hacked) and now the game won't let me bring it onto raids. It worked fine when it still had its original moveset which included Sky Uppercut.

ShadowForce720

Having a static encounter in the code doesn't guarantee anything. Poipole and Cosmog also have static encounters but the way you receive those two are through gifts.

Thanks for just helping my point, that only means that it’s more likely that your actually able to obtain Victini in the game somehow either through an static encounter or as a gift.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
What determines who gets to keep the caught Pokemon when multiple people want it? There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets it.
It seems to be random. I had one guy who traded out his Pokemon at 3 out of 4 opportunities despite other people wanting the Pokemon each time.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It seems to be random. I had one guy who traded out his Pokemon at 3 out of 4 opportunities despite other people wanting the Pokemon each time.

There also seems to be the (hopefully rare) possibility that no one winds up getting it, as I came across once. (It also happened to be the first time I saw multiple people want the same Pokémon, so I was alarmed that they'd design it that way.)

Ideally, as time passes, people become better team players and not treat everyone else like a computer player. I don't count on it though, considering there are still tons of non-team-players in standard Max Raid Battles.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
That's a good point.

Also, has anyone else had issues with the Ability Patch? I just used one on my Shiny Flawless Blaziken I had since Gen 5 (Self bred, not hacked) and now the game won't let me bring it onto raids. It worked fine when it still had its original moveset which included Sky Uppercut.
I haven’t used one yet but I did read two separate cases on Reddit where the same thing happened to other people who used one.

mbruno

I’m shiny hunting Regidrago by killing him over and over to get the Number Battled to 500 to get maximum shiny odds. Would I be able to leave the Regi temple to do other things without resetting the shiny odds? Like no chain is broken basically?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question, but I’ve never used this method before.
I thought that method didn't work right due to a bug, did it get fixed?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That's a good point.

Welp. Looks like you might be screwed for now until they patch/fix it. It's even affecting people who regular battle.

Came across this vid dealing with the issue.

The patch can make some Gen 5 or older seem illegal. So it might be safer to avoid using the patch on any Pokemon for now until the issue is fixed.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It seems like they didn't patch the legitimacy check that checks for Hidden Abilities on Pokemon who originated before their HAs were actually released. That's definitely an oversight and hopefully they'll fix it in a timely manner.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It seems like they didn't patch the legitimacy check that checks for Hidden Abilities on Pokemon who originated before their HAs were actually released. That's definitely an oversight and hopefully they'll fix it in a timely manner.
Yea that's not good. Here's to hoping that they're able to fix it ASAP.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not impressed by the new customization so far, if I'm gonna be honest.

scififan21

Got to do the Galar Star Tournament this morning before work. It was so much more fun then the regular rematchs. Great way to farm EXP for evolving my Pokemon and filling the Pokedex too. It is probably the doubles and the banter that makes it so entertaining to play.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I will ask this again since my question got buried.

When does G. Articuno's nature get set? It was the only one of the Galarian birds that had a fixed nature for me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
In regards to some people that are having that problem, have they tried taking the Pokémon in question to the one guy in the battle tower that gives the Pokémon not caught in Galar the symbol that you see on Pokémon that are caught in Galar?
That's a good question. The one the guy in the video used wasn't caught in Galar. It was caught in a past game. And before he used the capsule, it could be used in battle just fine. So this is something that needs to be patched.

KillerDraco

I will ask this again since my question got buried.

When does G. Articuno's nature get set? It was the only one of the Galarian birds that had a fixed nature for me.

There's nothing special about Articuno's nature. Data reflects when a nature is truly fixed, and mine was not Relaxed. You may just be having an improbable but not impossible string of bad luck.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got myself a Victini through a trade, so I'm no longer sad about the other Victini being leftover data.

Halkel

Experimentalist
In regards to some people that are having that problem, have they tried taking the Pokémon in question to the one guy in the battle tower that gives the Pokémon not caught in Galar the symbol that you see on Pokémon that are caught in Galar?
That would be my Shiny Blaziken again. And no, that didn't work. They marked it but they still deemed it illegal.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There's nothing special about Articuno's nature. Data reflects when a nature is truly fixed, and mine was not Relaxed. You may just be having an improbable but not impossible string of bad luck.
I didn't know if I accidentally triggered it while in the Crown Tundra. I was thinking that maybe I "encountered" it and it decided the nature before I even went after it. For the record, I think it was always Relaxed/Alert to Sounds the times I caught it.

It doesn't matter too much because I Modest Minted it. It at least has perfect IVs in the right places. This was more out of curiosity.

Last edited: