• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Autobot N

A few questions:
1) Did you have to keep the UBs, or just catch them?
2) Do you know if you have to have 15 encounters and catch the 5 UBs, or is it enough to simply catch them?
1. Yes. Caught my first 4, failed against Nihilego, and it didn't appear until I rechallenged and caught Nihilego.
2. Not sure, but given that the spawns are random, chances are you'll probably go through 15+ battles before you catch 5 Ultra Beasts.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Tried the ability patch on a Pokemon with a hidden ability. It has no effect. Yup, so pretty much only turns your Pokemon's normal ability into a hidden ability, not the other way around.

I finally decide which of the two new Regis to go for and i can't figure out how to get to the temple :(

Also has anyone got any tips on how to catch Registeel, it's giving me a migraine because i've been beaten twice by it and lost 13 Ultra balls trying to catch it, the others were a lot easier.
Best bet is dusk balls since it's in a cave. Get an electric mon or something to tank its steel type moves~
To get to the temple where Regidrago/Regieleki are, you'll have to go to the frozen sea entirely to the east of the map, go on the water and go south for a short bit where you'll be able to get onto land again. The temple is on that patch of land (as well as an entrance to the nearby cave which will net you some items).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm saying it now.

Anyone who does not name their Galarian Zapdos 'Chocobo' is a sinner and they're gonna burn in the Distortion World forever.

Well, lock me upand put me in the Distortion World, because I've kept a theme naming of regular human given names for all of my Pokémon, and until "Chocobo" shows up in a major baby name dictionary, I won't be doing it.

I had a lot of trouble too, same with Metang. Got lucky in the end via Grimmsnal Thunder Wave. Has anyone struggled with anything else? My only other so far was Regidrago.

Galarian Zapdos, incidentally, gave me problems. I initially fainted it because I happened to catch up to it where it happened to be hailing in the Wild Area. I soft-reset and did it again, but only after nearly exhausting my supply of Timer Balls.

Jirachi seemed to enjoy being around humans. It was pretty polite and did enjoy playing with Max and didn’t seem to view him as being a lesser being. Lugia also seemed to be somewhat fond of humans in The Power of Us. The bigger Psychic Legendary Pokémon tend to be more apprehensive of human and the possibility of being exploited for their powers. The smaller Psychic Legendaries seem to enjoy playing with humans more. Deoxys is the only movie Mythical to not really fear or hate humans but also not really seen having a fondness of them either as the purple one was just simply looking for its lost friend and simply teleporting humans that were in the way to a safe location and out of the way. The humans weren’t in any real danger until Rayquaza appeared and started to attack Deoxys.

There are a number of other Psychic-types who like being around humans too. Indeedee is drawn toward humans and feed off of human gratitude to them. Espurr and Meowstic are domesticated and, while they keep cold demeanors (maybe except for male Meowstic), seem to genuinely enjoy being in proximity to people. Latios is distant, but Latias loves people. Woobat and Swoobat are naturally curious creatures and seem to be true neutral but will check out what humans are doing. Slowking seems to stay in or near urban areas and will help people with everyday issues without feeling smug about its superior intelligence. Cresselia's raison d'être is to give people good dreams. Gardevoir exists out of human compassion and care. Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime are mischievous but ultimately good-natured, while Jynx like people perhaps a bit too much.

And while probably not the same thing, Oranguru apparently have deep admiration for human activity and will imitate them, right down to learning how to catch other Pokémon and be their trainers.

I think all in all, the ratio of Pokémon who are fond of humans, Pokémon who dislike humans, and Pokémon in between are about the same among Psychic-types as they are of any other type (the outliers being Fighting, which is mostly beneficial; Bug, which is mostly neutral; and Dark and Ghost, which are mostly harmful).

For those who have gotten Poipole, how many UBs did you have when it appeared? I saw a website saying you need to have completeed 15 DMax adventures and caught 5 UBs for it to appear, which is consistent with my experience so far, since I have 4.

Count me in too--I was waiting for Poipole to appear. After Celesteela, Blacephalon, Stakataka, and Pheromosa, nothing. But after I nabbed Kartana, I saw Poipole just hanging out in the Max Lair, and I thought, "Wait, how long have YOU been here?"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Caught the galarian birds with the Master Balls the game gives during the campaign. A lot easier to deal with.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Funny, I've always remembered it as Meep-Meep. MANDELLA EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It apparently said meep meep occasionally but if you listen closely, you’ll hear the B sound. It’s said so fast that sometimes it’s hard to miss.

MrJechgo

Jirachi seemed to enjoy being around humans. It was pretty polite and did enjoy playing with Max and didn’t seem to view him as being a lesser being. Lugia also seemed to be somewhat fond of humans in The Power of Us. The bigger Psychic Legendary Pokémon tend to be more apprehensive of human and the possibility of being exploited for their powers. The smaller Psychic Legendaries seem to enjoy playing with humans more. Deoxys is the only movie Mythical to not really fear or hate humans but also not really seen having a fondness of them either as the purple one was just simply looking for its lost friend and simply teleporting humans that were in the way to a safe location and out of the way. The humans weren’t in any real danger until Rayquaza appeared and started to attack Deoxys.
Yeah, I can see Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Meloetta and Marshadow as curious, cute and cuddly Psychic Pokémon :)
Lugia looks like a wise sage... with Slowking as its advisor :p
Unown and Deoxys look like aliens who do not comprend the world.

Mewtwo, Hoopa and Necrozma, on the other hand XDD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm saying it now.

Anyone who does not name their Galarian Zapdos 'Chocobo' is a sinner and they're gonna burn in the Distortion World forever.
Sorry, but I'm still naming most of my pokemon after athletes (mostly Scottish ones), so when I catch Zapdos I'm naming it "Allan" after track runner Allan Wells :p

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yeah, I can see Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, Meloetta and Marshadow as curious, cute and cuddly Psychic Pokémon :)
Lugia looks like a wise sage... with Slowking as its advisor :p
Unown and Deoxys look like aliens who do not comprend the world.

Mewtwo, Hoopa and Necrozma, on the other hand XDD
Pretty much except Marshadow is Ghost/Fighting. Latios was an introvert that still cared about humans as it did sacrifice itself to save Alto Mare whereas Latias was the more social of the two that enjoyed playing with humans. The first Mewtwo had a misguided viewpoint of humans and understood in the end that humans are far more complex just like Pokémon and there are very few that are truly evil. Hoopa is just mischievous by nature and wanted to show off its powers before the Prison Bottle was used on it in the past. The Hoopa Unbound that was attacking the city was the half of Hoopa’s true strength under the influence of dark powers. Basically it was tainted by evil and not the true personality of Hoopa who had learned that humans were friendly and didn’t appreciate being put in danger whenever it showed off its strength.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I'm saying it now.

Well lock me away in the Distortion World since I haven't nicknamed a Legendary since Gen 3. (Not counting the Victini I used in my Black team as Victini is a Mythical)

MrJechgo

Pretty much except Marshadow is Ghost/Fighting. Latios was an introvert that still cared about humans as it did sacrifice itself to save Alto Mare whereas Latias was the more social of the two that enjoyed playing with humans. The first Mewtwo had a misguided viewpoint of humans and understood in the end that humans are far more complex just like Pokémon and there are very few that are truly evil. Hoopa is just mischievous by nature and wanted to show off its powers before the Prison Bottle was used on it in the past. The Hoopa Unbound that was attacking the city was the half of Hoopa’s true strength under the influence of dark powers. Basically it was tainted by evil and not the true personality of Hoopa who had learned that humans were friendly and didn’t appreciate being put in danger whenever it showed off its strength.
Good call on Latias :p

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I caught the birds, but is there anything important about the giant tree? It asks me to shake it but nothing happens.