• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is victini in the raid dens?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You have to pay Dynite Ore in order to play again. Which increases if you keep doing it.

That ought to anchor these punks to these adventures instead of gettin' mad they ain't got their way.

Edit: from Serebii:

"If you disconnect three times in a row, you'll not be let in until you have paid 3 Dynite Ore, with the price increasing the more you do it."
Can't believe they're robbing ore like that smh.

That said, in good news, today I got a shiny Rayquaza, shiny Oranguru, and shiny Seaking! The former two were caught back-to-back.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Can't believe they're robbing ore like that smh.

That said, in good news, today I got a shiny Rayquaza, shiny Oranguru, and shiny Seaking! The former two were caught back-to-back.

i just hope that only applies to the idiot that does that. i only had 2 DCs non consecutive and spread apart so thats an intersting thing they implemented.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm assuming it only applies to the person who left, not the people who were disconnected as a result of the bail.

I've had 4 disconnectors as evidence to this.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Caught the last of the legendaries available on sword last night. Conveniently it was Necrozma. Didn't see one single shiny pokemon from those I caught. 1% rate means it's understandable but still a little bit sad. Also didnt see a single raid repeat throughout.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So after 5 failed attempts to defeat Palka (including one gem of frustration where one of my teammates basically threw by setting up Electric Terrain with his Klang's Max Lightning, preventing my Jynx from using Lovely Kiss to put it to sleep and allowing us to defeat it the way we defeated each of the previous bosses) I decided to just go with AI partners, where I would get to choose what path to take and whether or not to swap my Pokemon at will.

Got Jynx (possibly the ideal Pokemon for defeating Palkia thanks to Dry Skin, Lovely Kiss, and Draining Kiss) as my starter Pokemon and defeated Palkia first try with AI partners, after failing 5 attempts with real people. I'm not sure what it is about Dynamax Adventures that compels some people to turn their brains off, but it is frustrating at times.

That being said, not all of my experiences have been bad; in fact the majority have gone quite smoothly. When they don't go smoothly, though, it can be very frustrating.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So after 5 failed attempts to defeat Palka (including one gem of frustration where one of my teammates basically threw by setting up Electric Terrain with his Klang's Max Lightning, preventing my Jynx from using Lovely Kiss to put it to sleep and allowing us to defeat it the way we defeated each of the previous bosses) I decided to just go with AI partners, where I would get to choose what path to take and whether or not to swap my Pokemon at will.

Got Jynx (possibly the ideal Pokemon for defeating Palkia thanks to Dry Skin, Lovely Kiss, and Draining Kiss) as my starter Pokemon and defeated Palkia first try with AI partners, after failing 5 attempts with real people. I'm not sure what it is about Dynamax Adventures that compels some people to turn their brains off, but it is frustrating at times.

That being said, not all of my experiences have been bad; in fact the majority have gone quite smoothly. When they don't go smoothly, though, it can be very frustrating.
I reminded of an earlier DA I did today where some moron used an Alolan Marowak's Max Phantasm on a Giratina first followed by two Max Steelspikes for no reason. The Giratina eliminated those Def boosts and then knocked us out shortly after.

KairiDrive

M o o g l e s
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, or if it's common knowledge at this point but;
I encountered Suicune as my first Legendary in the Max Raid Adventure and saved the route to it so I could continue to re-encounter it.
I accidentally ended up forgetting the route to Suicune... can I eventually find Suicune again if I've never caught it before?

Does the penalty still count if you disconnect due to an honest internet issue?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, or if it's common knowledge at this point but;
I encountered Suicune as my first Legendary in the Max Raid Adventure and saved the route to it so I could continue to re-encounter it.
I accidentally ended up forgetting the route to Suicune... can I eventually find Suicune again if I've never caught it before?

I don't think you can "forget" the route to Suicune; if you've encountered it but didn't catch it and chose to save its location, it will be one of the options the scientist gives you when you first start a Dynamax Adventure until you do catch it. If you chose not to save its location, then yes, you can still encounter it again by random chance.

KairiDrive

M o o g l e s
I don't think you can "forget" the route to Suicune; if you've encountered it but didn't catch it and chose to save its location, it will be one of the options the scientist gives you when you first start a Dynamax Adventure until you do catch it. If you chose not to save its location, then yes, you can still encounter it again by random chance.

Oh, thank you!
To clarify what happened to me was, I did save the Suicune route and re-encountered it at least 5 times or more.
Every time you leave the adventure without choosing to take the legendary with you, the Scientist will ask you if you want to keep your route saved.
I accidentally clicked no.

The more I think about it though, the more I think it's likely that I'll eventually find the Suicune again, since I never caught it yet.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There's punishments for leaving Dynamax Adventure online early. Thank god.

Though it is annoying that they'll disconnect, I really don't see the point in doing so (unless it's accidental). Even if you go in to the last battle with a far-from-perfect lineup and moves that clash, odds are you can still pull through if people work together and avoid being dumb.

That's basically life. Things will rarelyu go the way you've planned, but that doesn't mean you should give up. You just have to work with what you're given, and you can still succeed without having everything go perfectly.

I don't think that was so much a "throw" as much as it was just someone playing like an idiot. This is essentially how things go for any cooperative thing you do: There are people who just aren't team players. They don't know how to work with other people, they think they have all the best ideas and expect everyone else to follow, and they just charge on ahead without thinking. Some of them know they're not team players, and some of them think they're hot stuff and a born leader, but their effects on their teammates and their overall performance as a group are the same. In the case with that Klang, likely they used Max Lightning because it was the move with the highest base power they had, and they didn't know nor cared you were going to use Lovely Kiss. As far as they were concerned, you were their backup, there to do some extra bits of damage for them.

I had a teammate who took ages to make any move in a Dynamax Adventure, and when they did, they more or less selected a move at random without concern for type effectiveness (or if it would even work at all in the context, like Normal-type moves against a Ghost Pokémon), then eventually decided upon a move and would use it for the rest of the battle. They also chose to accept every chance to swap a Pokémon out, even if someone else really needed it or they were fine without it. The other three of us basically carried them to the last battle. Then, early into that battle (I believe it was Dialga, but I know it's something weak to Fighting), this player underwent a Jekyll-and-Hyde flip in playstyle. Suddenly, this player made moves really quickly and made smart decisions, and we beat the Legendary Pokémon at the end quickly and decisively. I suspect this was actually two people: One was very likely utterly confused and didn't know what to do, while the other was a lot more experienced and better at the game and assumed control. If not for that flip in behavior, I would've assumed a bad connection and maybe an unresponsive controller (which can happen when it's dangerously low on battery power), but at that point, I was pretty sure if WAS someone at the helm who had no idea what they were doing.

It's not that Dynamax Adventures bring out the fools in people. These people have always been fools, but now you have to work with them.

It's not even just Pokémon, but any sort of activity that requires working with a team. Coaches for team sports turn down athletes who may be amazingly skilled but can't get along with the other players, and they encounter them all the time. And those contestants on reality shows who immediately try to be the leader (and may mor may not succeed at assuming the role) and make bad decisions thinking they're geniuses do exist. (I'm reminded of someone in the first episode of Race to Escape, who wanted to be the leader, and everyone else let her. She made all of the decisions and gave out orders to other people. She only allowed the team to do what she planned. They failed their goal because someone else had the correct idea, but she refused to execute it because it wasn't her idea.)

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just found out that Heatran CAN learn Steel Beam! I took mine to the Motostoke tutor & it worked perfectly

KillerDraco

Cobalion not having the legendary theme is a total let down.

Even worse, it's my favorite legendary theme.

It is strange that even if they didn't use the Gen 5 theme, they just use the generic wild battle theme without anything to set them apart. A friend of mine had skipped Gen 5 so this was the first time she saw the Swords of Justice, and didn't immediately realize they were Legendary because of the lack of any special music.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Apparently, Peonia says there's some woman who appears at night at the Old Cemetery (that or the strange tombstone near the Dyna Tree), but she never shows up to me. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Did you plant the carrot seeds in the Old Cemetary? She'll show up only if you chose that. (I planted the carrot seeds on Snowslide Slope, and I'm not sure if someone else would appear there.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks to Endless mode I got enough ore for the ability patch. My starter (Cinderace) now has his HA.

Only legend who gave me trouble (aka multiple attempts) was Zygarde. I've managed to beat him by sheer luck since I managed to keep the rental Abomasnow alive and destroy it with Avalanche.

The reason I was so lucky was because my teammates - actual players - brought a freaking Blaziken and Suddowoodoo against it. And they had no excuse because the type of the final den was noted as ground.

KillerDraco

Did you plant the carrot seeds in the Old Cemetary? She'll show up only if you chose that. (I planted the carrot seeds on Snowslide Slope, and I'm not sure if someone else would appear there.)

That's not actually correct. I planted mine in the Snowslide Slope, but she still showed up in the Old Cemetary and the event triggered.

The details of what triggers the event to appear are still a little hazy. At the time though I had done all of Peony's initial requests, plus the UB-related one (including showing Necrozma to Peony). This was prior to doing the GST though (but Leon had called me about it), and the Crown Tundra Dex had been completed and showed to the person in the station.