• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know, I can’t help but wonder if Game Freak planned on making the DLC early on in SWSH’s development & that part of the reason why the Wild Area is so empty & covered with plains is because of the challenge to catch Galarian Zapdos.

I don’t think it’s the main reason since this was their first attempt at an Open World hub, but after watching Zapdos running through the Wild Area on YouTube it seems like this environment was specially made for it& the challenge to keep up with it

KillerDraco

You know, I can’t help but wonder if Game Freak planned on making the DLC early on in SWSH’s development & that part of the reason why the Wild Area is so empty & covered with plains is because of the challenge to catch Galarian Zapdos.

I don’t think it’s the main reason since this was their first attempt at an Open World hub, but after watching Zapdos running through the Wild Area on YouTube it seems like this environment was specially made for it& the challenge to keep up with it

I have doubts that the Wild Area's design was centered around one specific Pokemon not yet released in the base game. If anything, they probably developed Galarian Zapdos and felt with its Roadrunner style sprinting, it would fit right at home in the wide open plains of the Wild Area.

When the decision to go with DLC over third versions/sequels occurred, none of us can say with certainty.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Is there a rotation that updates every time you connect with the internet?

Trying to encounter Dialga for the last three days and only encounter the same legends over and over with Mewtwo being the rare exception. I was in vacation and wasn't be able to play online.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer

Trying to encounter Dialga for the last three days and only encounter the same legends over and over with Mewtwo being the rare exception. I was in vacation and wasn't be able to play online.

I encountered everything in sword without needing to connect to the internet. Try talking to Peonia and seeing if there’s an help there

KillerDraco

Can Melony and Allister even be your partners or battled in the Galarian Star Tournament?

Yes, if you're playing Shield. In Sword, no, you'll have Bea and Gordy instead. Same holds true for Klara or Avery.

KairiDrive

M o o g l e s
It is strange that even if they didn't use the Gen 5 theme, they just use the generic wild battle theme without anything to set them apart. A friend of mine had skipped Gen 5 so this was the first time she saw the Swords of Justice, and didn't immediately realize they were Legendary because of the lack of any special music.

It would have been so nice if they had used the battle music unique to each gen. :c

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

They said in the initial DLC announcement earlier this year that it was developed early on in development

Hermes2001

I have a question about link codes for dynamax adventures. When using link codes does everyone need to have the legendary location saved, or can you join someone hosting a specific legendary by using the same link code and the anything is fine option?

KillerDraco

I have a question about link codes for dynamax adventures. When using link codes does everyone need to have the legendary location saved, or can you join someone hosting a specific legendary by using the same link code and the anything is fine option?

Can confirm, you only need one person to host it and everyone with the Link Code will get access to it. I did this just last night.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finally caught Galarian Articuno....
It was hard finding it in the huge CT area

I've found it after following Pimpnite's video. The route he's suggested was the most effective specially the tip on where to save.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The first place I went I headed to was near the Slippery Slope or near the Giant's Bed (?) which was foggy. Failed the first time since I got the wrong clone and flew away and then I literally chased it all the way to the Slippery Slope which took me a few tries to catch cause FKING HAIL DAMN IT.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

A couple of possibilities here:

1. Having a Legendary Pokémon or Ultra Beast at the front of your party will allow you to find it again. I know Peonia will offer you the path, though I'm not sure if it also increases the odds of finding that Pokémon.
2. You may be encountering the same people over and over who, for one reason or another, may be trying the same path again and again.

I just kept exploring the map until I heard its cry. Once I did. - I looked for it in the area

I heard Galarian Articuno practically everywhere in the Crown Tundra whenever I used the taxi. I heard it even when I went to the southern areas with the Dyna Tree, even though Articuno, to my knowledge, never goes back there.

Marzbar

Has anyone noticed that Xurkitree has had Tail Glow removed from its move set...... it now has virtually no competitive niche over other electric types.

Also the AI in Dynamax adventures makes me want to tear my hair out. Spamming Endure and Acupressure is bad, but when you have 2 AI allies both using Trick Room in the same turn every turn... FFS

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
A couple of possibilities here:

1. Having a Legendary Pokémon or Ultra Beast at the front of your party will allow you to find it again. I know Peonia will offer you the path, though I'm not sure if it also increases the odds of finding that Pokémon.
2. You may be encountering the same people over and over who, for one reason or another, may be trying the same path again and again.

I heard Galarian Articuno practically everywhere in the Crown Tundra whenever I used the taxi. I heard it even when I went to the southern areas with the Dyna Tree, even though Articuno, to my knowledge, never goes back there.
Yup, thats why I waited to hear its second cry