• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Has anyone noticed that Xurkitree has had Tail Glow removed from its move set...... it now has virtually no competitive niche over other electric types.

Also the AI in Dynamax adventures makes me want to tear my hair out. Spamming Endure and Acupressure is bad, but when you have 2 AI allies both using Trick Room in the same turn every turn... FFS
Hm funny cause Tail Glow is apparently still a functional move but yet nothing can learn it for some strange reason.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Musketeers added to the list of premier ball caught legendaries. Not sure what my next aim should be. Dynamax adventures all done, galarian star done, all quests... Bred pokemon of the week... Might start shield expansion and then send all version exclusives over.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Has anyone noticed that Xurkitree has had Tail Glow removed from its move set...... it now has virtually no competitive niche over other electric types.

Also the AI in Dynamax adventures makes me want to tear my hair out. Spamming Endure and Acupressure is bad, but when you have 2 AI allies both using Trick Room in the same turn every turn... FFS
Can you not import a Gen 7 Xurkitree with the move via Pokemon Home?

Not going to lie, I really wish they'd have made it so you can't import pre-Gen-8 Pokemon with tutor moves and moves they no longer learn (the biggest offenders being Toxic and Knock Off; having such moves not be nearly as widely distributed is a good thing in my opinion but as it stands their distribution isn't actually affected at all, it's just more of a hassle to get Pokemon with those moves).

I'm not 100% sure why they chose to axe Tail Glow from Xurkitree's movepool but it still boasts an absurd Sp. Atk stat and Beast Boost, as well as better coverage than most Electric types in SwSh. You can more viably run a Choice Scarf set now, or a Choice Specs wallbreaker. In Doubles, an ally with Tailwind or Max Airstream can patch up his low Speed, and in both formats he can take advantage of screens/Aurora Veil very well.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Can you not import a Gen 7 Xurkitree with the move via Pokemon Home?

Not going to lie, I really wish they'd have made it so you can't import pre-Gen-8 Pokemon with tutor moves and moves they no longer learn (the biggest offenders being Toxic and Knock Off; having such moves not be nearly as widely distributed is a good thing in my opinion but as it stands their distribution isn't actually affected at all, it's just more of a hassle to get Pokemon with those moves).

I'm not 100% sure why they chose to axe Tail Glow from Xurkitree's movepool but it still boasts an absurd Sp. Atk stat and Beast Boost, as well as better coverage than most Electric types in SwSh. You can more viably run a Choice Scarf set now, or a Choice Specs wallbreaker. In Doubles, an ally with Tailwind or Max Airstream can patch up his low Speed, and in both formats he can take advantage of screens/Aurora Veil very well.

LOL i know what you mean, i wanted a Gastrodon knowing toxic only to *shock* see its not possible in gen8. i had to drop into spare 4-5IV mons in gen6 and import that into gen8...

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
LOL i know what you mean, i wanted a Gastrodon knowing toxic only to *shock* see its not possible in gen8. i had to drop into spare 4-5IV mons in gen6 and import that into gen8...
You wouldn't be able to use it in ranked/ VGC though right? Or Tail Glow Xurkitree, because wouldn't they forget pre- Gen VIII 8 moveset/tutor etc. Moves when they get the Galar stamp that clears pre- Gen VIII pokemon for competitive use when sent via Home?

As for my CT status, I've rinsed most of it by now. All chapters done, all Swords of Justice inc. Keldeo caught, had a first go of the Star tournament. I still have plenty of dynamax adventure legendaries and UBs to catch, and plenty of pokemon to train to be competitively viable. What is everyone else focusing on post completion?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You wouldn't be able to use it in ranked/ VGC though right? Or Tail Glow Xurkitree, because wouldn't they forget pre- Gen VIII 8 moveset/tutor etc. Moves when they get the Galar stamp that clears pre- Gen VIII pokemon for competitive use when sent via Home?

As for my CT status, I've rinsed most of it by now. All chapters done, all Swords of Justice inc. Keldeo caught, had a first go of the Star tournament. I still have plenty of dynamax adventure legendaries and UBs to catch, and plenty of pokemon to train to be competitively viable. What is everyone else focusing on post completion?

I am still trying to get the Pokémon on the "mysterious clue." I know which Pokémon it is, and at this point I am at 33 Legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts caught and still haven't encountered it. (I think there are 47 Legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts combined total you can get from Dynamax Adventures, if I've counted correctly.)

I figure I'm probably not going to see it until I catch everything else I can catch without outside help.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
I am still trying to get the Pokémon on the "mysterious clue." I know which Pokémon it is, and at this point I am at 33 Legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts caught and still haven't encountered it. (I think there are 47 Legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts combined total you can get from Dynamax Adventures, if I've counted correctly.)

I figure I'm probably not going to see it until I catch everything else I can catch without outside help.

Do you mean to complete the 'they came from the Ultra Beyond' quest? Have you shown him Necrozma?

You've done well on all those captures though!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I encountered and caught Necrozma yesterday, but Peony wasn't there to give me an Ability Patch. Does he only do that when the UB mission is unlocked and, if so, does that mean I'm going to have to beat Necrozma again?

KillerDraco

I encountered and caught Necrozma yesterday, but Peony wasn't there to give me an Ability Patch. Does he only do that when the UB mission is unlocked and, if so, does that mean I'm going to have to beat Necrozma again?

You only have to show him a Necrozma that has been caught from the Max Lair, so you shouldn't have to re-catch Necrozma.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So I checked up the wiki and saw Dialga was sword only. The day the dlc came out there was no information about exclusives and a friend of mine caught with his sword version a shield only legend so I asumed there were no exclusives. Unlucky me and I havent encountered Palkia yet either.

KillerDraco

The details on what exactly triggers the event are still a little hazy. What I can say though, from having done it is:

-It occurred at night
-I had previously got Rose's Rare League card (unknown if this has any bearing on it)
-It was snowing in the overworld
-I had completed all 3 of Peony's initial requests
-I had caught all of the Swords of Justice and Sonia had thus left
-I had not completed the Crown Tundra Dex at the time when I encountered her
-I had not shown Necrozma to Peony at the time when I encountered her
-I had not gotten Poipole at the time when I encountered her

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You can do the Peony adventures whenever you want?! I walked by the Regirock ruins & accidentally started the titan challenge. I thought you could only do one challenge at a time!

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Do you mean to complete the 'they came from the Ultra Beyond' quest? Have you shown him Necrozma?

You've done well on all those captures though!

Oh, I know it's Necrozma. I just haven't encountered it in the Dynamax Adventures yet. I think I currently have...13 Pokémon remaining I havne't yet caught, version exclusives included.

You can do the Peony adventures whenever you want! I walked by the Regirock ruins & accidentally started the titan challenge. I thought you could only do one challenge at a time!

Yeah, I did exactly that--I accidentally started two of them at the same time. I focused on just one though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah, I did exactly that--I accidentally started two of them at the same time. I focused on just one though.
Well this changes everything for me narratively (since I’m still mainly roleplaying for my playthrough). I already have the Carrot Seeds for the Calyrex adventure, but maybe I’ll save that for the later & start up one of the other ones now

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well this changes everything for me narratively (since I’m still mainly roleplaying for my playthrough). I already have the Carrot Seeds for the Calyrex adventure, but maybe I’ll save that for the later & start up one of the other ones now

Bear in mind the fourth one cannot be started until you've cleared the other three--not sure if that'll interfere with your plans in any way.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

True enough it wouldn't be playable in gen8 competitions. It would still work online no issues. Then again I can't play competitive BC my fav mons "aren't competitively viable" so casual battles work best with them. Competitive mons are the same 15 Pokemon that 90% of the players use because they are so strong. I just can't bench the ones I like so I can make room for 4 cookie cutters.