• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
From my experience, freeze is quite helpful if you managed to luck getting it.

The special Swampert the game offers is very good since it walls the attacks decently and hits super-effective with Ice Beam (with a chance of Freeze hax)

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I dislike freeze at the moment. Playing in a draft tournament and got frozen two turns in... Much grr!

Just finished up Regieleki's training... It's mildly disappointing that max speed investment hits 499 with a speed neutral nature. So close to a nice round 500!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I haven't found any shinies in the Dynamax raids either, but I am having fun with them. I haven't bothered Shiny Hunting the legends and only have a couple left (Cresselia and two of the 'Elf' legends from Gen 4).

It's more dangerous, per sé, but I've started to do Dynamax Raids without inviting people so I can gauruntee myself the pokemon I want in the raid. Too many times have I seen Tyrantrum's outline in the Raid Den and had the human players I'm with willingly skip him. He could've been shiny! Why?! Why skip him when we know the end 'boss' is a Fire Type?!?!?

To be blunt: A lot of people playing Dynamax Adventures are idiots. They're short-sighted and pick whichever Pokémon they'll have the best chance against, or they think they'll have the best chance against, without considering what is up at the top. Then, once they get there, they'll go, "This Legendary Pokémon is so hard!" without any further thought.

Just went up against Zygarde for the first time... With "Land's Wrath" and "Thousand Arrows", it rapestomped us so hard we didn't even get it down to yellow HP before "vIcToR wAs bLoWn oUt oF tHe dEn!!!1!"

Just found this on TV-Tropes' YMMV page for Sword & Shield, and it sums the issue up perfectly (except for that that, again, I didn't even last long enough to trigger Power Construct):

"From Dynamax Adventures, Zygarde is a nightmare to fight, even compared to most of the other legendary Pokémon you encounter. To start, you are most likely worn down from the prior fights with other Dynamaxed Pokémon in the dens, along with having a rental Pokémon (or a Pokémon you caught from a previous Raid). But that's not what the problem is. Once Zygarde's HP drops at or below 50%, its Power Construct ability will change it into its Complete Form and effectively replenish its health. Not only did it heal, but it also gained massive defensive boost. If you or your allies, AI or not, got a poor draw with the Pokémon available, you're in for an incredibly bad time. In addition to all of this, Zygarde has access to two party-wide attacks in Thousand Arrows and Land's Wrath, which can make short work of any party not prepared to deal with Ground-type attacks. Absolutely do this fight with friends if you can (to avoid any bad move choices from AI allies) and make sure to have at least one Ice or Fairy type on your team as well as access to Wide Guard, because while Zygarde's game never got made, Game Freak clearly want you to suffer for it."

Better save that. "That One Boss" on TV Tropes is going through a trimming at the moment, and it may be deleted.

For the record, I pulled it off on my first try because I happened to have with me a Hitmonlee with Wide Guard, which stopped all use of Thousand Arrows and Land's Wrath cold. It felt unusually difficult and we were on the brink like three quarters of the time, but we pulled through, so I didn't realize other people struggled with it so much until Zygarde kept returning for Dynamax Adventures when I had nothing in particular I was looking for.

I was under the impression that each individual Pokemon had a 1% chance of being shiny. Not that it was a 1% chance of being shiny in the Adventure.

As all of the Pokémon have equal odds of being shiny, those two statements mean exactly the same thing.

I haven't found any shiny Pokémon in Dynamax Adventures either, though I'm not deliberately looking for them.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I got extremely lucky and got a shiny Kartana and shiny Stakataka. I wasn’t even trying to get shinies considering it would’ve taken a while. But if I could’ve chosen any of the ultra beasts to get shiny it would’ve been Guzzlord and Kartana. So ill take it!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
If anyone has encountered this glitc, .don't store legendaries as a leading pokemon in your party when asking Peony's daughter for new leads on the legendaries in Dynamax Adventures. It happened to me with always telling me about Zygarde after captured him.

So far Zapdos is my favorite of the Galarian Bird trio, the resemblance to Final Fantasy's Chocobo birds is so funny. I nicknamed mine after that species.

KillerDraco

If anyone has encountered this glitc, .don't store legendaries as a leading pokemon in your party when asking Peony's daughter for new leads on the legendaries in Dynamax Adventures. It happened to me with always telling me about Zygarde after captured him.

That's not a glitch, that's a feature. Its intended purpose is to allow you to share raids with friends if they are lacking a particular one that you have already.

Baggie_Saiyan

Just dropping by to say, hecka enjoying the Tundra! Still so much left for me to do, only finished the Calyrex storyline so far, tryna get marks on the brids unf caught and saved Zapdos before I found out you could hunt marks for them and then will attempt to shiny hunt Regieleki!

Dynamax Adventures is honestly brill, I was unsure about it but there is a bit of strategy involved plus NPC's are a step up although some of the movepool's on Mons are questionable like Vika having Spark not Tbolt... all in all so much playability here esp if tryna shiny hunt the Legends.

Oh and the Calyrex story was so much more interesting than the main games, I wish this was the main story obviously it would have had to have been fleshed out a lot more, plus the Horses design wise I think are much better than the dogs too, heck I can't remember the last time I even used Zacian lol

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, after getting over the whole Go thing, I went and done my first transfer; my Shiny Groudon. As such, I got myself a G-Melmetal as a result.

Noticed that it doesn't have an EV spread. Gonna go see how I should set it up later.

Edit: 252 HP, 252 ATT, 4 SP.D

Works.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Are we sure Bea and Mustard aren't related.
I don’t think it’s likely. They don’t have any physical features in common with each other and Mustard has never mentioned any relatives living in Galar besides Honey and Hyde and he was the Fighting type Gym Leader way before Bea or her parents were born. Bea is probably no more than 25 years old as most of the Gym Leaders in Galar aside from Kabu, Opal, and Melony don’t seem to be past their twenties. Opal is the only one to personally know Mustard from his days as a Gym Leader and before becoming a Champion.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
On a different tangent, I'm glad that the serial codes for Zarude can be available online if the participating stores aren't open, for example in UK the code is via GAME, however with England currently in lockdown, GAME is shut.

Metafogos

Question about Syncronizing Legendaries...

I see in some places about some legendaries from Crown Tundra can be "Syncronized" (mainly the birds and the swords, but not the regis, callyrex and the horses and no gift or max raid ones). So... someone can confirm this and if works with some others like Keldeo?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It took me a month but I finally found and caught Zappos and Articuno this week and won the Galarian Star Tournament for the first time. I also managed to catch Ho-oh after two weeks of trying. Now I still have Uxie and Tornadus to catch as my saved paths.

utlhmsus

I see in some places about some legendaries from Crown Tundra can be "Syncronized" (mainly the birds and the swords, but not the regis, callyrex and the horses and no gift or max raid ones). So... someone can confirm this and if works with some others like Keldeo?

The only ones that it works for are Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo. The other ones don't work unfortunately.

Pokefan_1987

Can't believe i already caught most of the crown tundra legendaries in the dynamax adventures within 3 weeks including a few shield exclusives.
Even the Sacred Sword Quartet wasn't hard except Terrakion and Virizion they broke a lot of ultra balls while paralyzed (Virizion at least 20) but Terrakion eventually was caught by a lucky Nest Ball (green yellow)
Only a few left not including any trades or imported legendaries. I can help hosting a legendary fight so anyone can find a pokemon they don't have or a trade for a pokemon i'm less fond of (for example cresselia is a pokemon i never liked but i caught it to fill in entries i can trade her)
I mostly just want to complete the entries with my favorites. For the record i'm sword version player

Regigigas (I chose Regidrago over Regieleki if anyone is trading contact me)
Ho-oh ( Its supposed to be in sword but has never spawned to spawn so far)
Latias (Shield)
Palkia (Shield)
Tornadus (Sword)
Thundurus (Shield)
Zekrom (Shield)
Lunala (Shield, i have a spare cosmog i can level up into a solgaleo which is from sword and trade for a lunala)

Pokefan_1987

Yes. This also isn't the first time this has happened, either. G-Max Melmetal's data has been in the game since launch, after all, and it's never been catchable in Sw/Sh.
He is a import from Pokemon Go. His quest is already annoying then levelling into melmetal and transferring it is another adventure in itself.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

Only the birds and the Swords of Justice can be synced since they are treated as "wanderers" encounters. Everything else cannot be synced to a certain nature.