• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

KillerDraco

He is a import from Pokemon Go. His quest is already annoying then levelling into melmetal and transferring it is another adventure in itself.

The same could be said for Victini since it's only available by transferring. Point is, this is not the first time Data has existed for something that is unobtainable within a game.

Trillion

question about dynamax adventures

if i switch my pokemon with the scientist do i still have the option to keep that pokemon at the end? or is it gone once i switch?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know, I really love the crown that comes with completing the Isle of Armor Pokédex. I used to think it was stupid but after wearing it for a couple of days it’s become one of my favorite accessories. It’s goofy while also making me feel powerful/important

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You know, I really love the crown that comes with completing the Isle of Armor Pokédex. I used to think it was stupid but after wearing it for a couple of days it’s become one of my favorite accessories. It’s goofy while also making me feel powerful/important
I wore it while having Hop and Leon be my partners at the Galarian Star Tournament so they knew they were my ******.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Other than me, who else thinks that Galarian Zapdos is somehow related to Doduo and Dodrio? Both can’t fly naturally and run around instead. For all I know, either Doduo and Dodrio are failed attempts by Team Rocket at cloning Galarian Zapdos or it could be their ancestor instead.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

How would that work, exactly
I guess they mean by evolution (the Darwin natural selection kind)? Maybe that Zapdos and the Doduo line originate from the same ancestor, with G.Zapdos retaining or re-developing similar characteristics to Dodrio.
Though it wouldn't necessary have to be that way, since in nature many animals share similar characteristics without being closely related.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I guess they mean by evolution (the Darwin natural selection kind)? Maybe that Zapdos and the Doduo line originate from the same ancestor, with G.Zapdos retaining or re-developing similar characteristics to Dodrio.
Though it wouldn't necessary have to be that way, since in nature many animals share similar characteristics without being closely related.
Didn’t Prof. Rowan theorize in one of the Sinnoh games that a majority of Pokémon came from a common ancestor? Doduo/Dodrio could be descended from some ancient bird that derived Galarian Zapdos which then adpated itself to be able to fly and absorb and create electricity. All of the fish Pokémon seem to come from the same ancestor as most of them have a body shape similar to other piscine Pokémon such as Remoraid and Single Wishiwashi.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Didn’t Prof. Rowan theorize in one of the Sinnoh games that a majority of Pokémon came from a common ancestor? Doduo/Dodrio could be descended from some ancient bird that derived Galarian Zapdos which then adpated itself to be able to fly and absorb and create electricity. All of the fish Pokémon seem to come from the same ancestor as most of them have a body shape similar to other piscine Pokémon such as Remoraid and Single Wishiwashi.

Technically, all life came from a common ancestor, so if Darwinian evolution follows the same rules in the Pokémon universe, they'd have a common ancestor too. The question is how recent that common ancestor was and if it's a common ancestor of something else.

For instance, in modern taxonomy, there is no common ancestor for carnivorous plants that isn't a common ancestor for all other plants--but there is a more recent common ancestor for tomatoes, potatoes, nightshade, hemlock, chili peppers, eggplant (aubergine), and tobacco, despite them having little in common, and so they're all classified under the family Solanaceae. (There is an even more recent common ancestor for grass, bamboo, sugarcane, oat, wheat, durum, sorghum, rye, fescue, barley, millet, corn (maize), and rice, and they are a part of Poaceae.)

It can be assumed, though, that all bird-like Pokémon have a relatively recent common ancestor. The question becomes: Is there an even more recent common ancestor between Doduo and Galarian Zapdos? If you ask me, the closest relative to Galarian Zapdos is Kantonian Zapdos. Both Doduo/Dodrio and Galarian Zapdos are flightless, but there have been instances of birds achieving flight, then losing it through evolution such as chickens, penguins, and kakapos. It may just be a case of convergent evolution. It may seen strange that the woodpecker-derived Pikipek evolves into the toucan-like Toucannon, for example, but they have an extremely recent common ancestor (in geological terms), more so than of birds in general.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Technically, all life came from a common ancestor, so if Darwinian evolution follows the same rules in the Pokémon universe, they'd have a common ancestor too. The question is how recent that common ancestor was and if it's a common ancestor of something else.

For instance, in modern taxonomy, there is no common ancestor for carnivorous plants that isn't a common ancestor for all other plants--but there is a more recent common ancestor for tomatoes, potatoes, nightshade, hemlock, chili peppers, eggplant (aubergine), and tobacco, despite them having little in common, and so they're all classified under the family Solanaceae. (There is an even more recent common ancestor for grass, bamboo, sugarcane, oat, wheat, durum, sorghum, rye, fescue, barley, millet, corn (maize), and rice, and they are a part of Poaceae.)

It can be assumed, though, that all bird-like Pokémon have a relatively recent common ancestor. The question becomes: Is there an even more recent common ancestor between Doduo and Galarian Zapdos? If you ask me, the closest relative to Galarian Zapdos is Kantonian Zapdos. Both Doduo/Dodrio and Galarian Zapdos are flightless, but there have been instances of birds achieving flight, then losing it through evolution such as chickens, penguins, and kakapos. It may just be a case of convergent evolution. It may seen strange that the woodpecker-derived Pikipek evolves into the toucan-like Toucannon, for example, but they have an extremely recent common ancestor (in geological terms), more so than of birds in general.

Exactly! That was what I was trying to get at. Thanks for explaining it so well.
It's interesting to think about that the variants of Zapdos and the Doduo line might be closely related. If that where the case...when did the multiple heads evolve? Was it something that only arose in the Doduo line after they diverged from the last common ancestor they had with G. and K. Zapdos? Or was it present in that ancestor and the evolutionary line that resulted in G. and K. Zapdos lost it?

Is that website still around where they tried to create a taxonomic tree of all Pokemon with speculated links and in-between stages?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I have a stupid Victini Trigger idea:
Did anyone try letting Swordward and Shielbert win against you in the finals of Galar Star Tournament?
Preferably paired with Leon, Hop, Mustard or Peony?

Bananasaur

Exactly! That was what I was trying to get at. Thanks for explaining it so well.
It's interesting to think about that the variants of Zapdos and the Doduo line might be closely related. If that where the case...when did the multiple heads evolve? Was it something that only arose in the Doduo line after they diverged from the last common ancestor they had with G. and K. Zapdos? Or was it present in that ancestor and the evolutionary line that resulted in G. and K. Zapdos lost it?

Is that website still around where they tried to create a taxonomic tree of all Pokemon with speculated links and in-between stages?
If you mean the Pokémon Origins project, the forum is still there (on TapATalk) but it's quite dead...
I did try however to keep the tree itself up-to-date the last couple of years to the best of my scientific ability :) The only Pokémon still pondering about is Eternatus. It seems the forum prevents me of droping the URL here

nel3

Crimson Dragon
WTH is with some people online with dynamax adventures. first the 1st choice player waited 1.5 minutes after the 3 other palyers locked in, me included. got to the ground legendary groundon and then a player DC'd. its BS but then again i have groundon as it is so its one less time waster.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
WTH is with some people online with dynamax adventures. first the 1st choice player waited 1.5 minutes after the 3 other palyers locked in, me included. got to the ground legendary groundon and then a player DC'd. its BS but then again i have groundon as it is so its one less time waster.
I've run into this in regular raids too. Where one or more people end up quitting.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I've run into this in regular raids too. Where one or more people end up quitting.

its just annoying to redo aids where you have them caught already. im not too angered as there are 22 legends/UBs to catch but its an inconveniece...

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
its just annoying to redo aids where you have them caught already. im not too angered as there are 22 legends/UBs to catch but its an inconveniece...
Good point. That would be a pain.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Good point. That would be a pain.

i only got 12 legends left to get, 5 of them relying on luck from a shield player initiating a max raid. the raid dens clearly take a bit of time so i do several raids at a time wishing for luck in legends then i take a break in between.