• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
i only got 12 legends left to get, 5 of them relying on luck from a shield player initiating a max raid. the raid dens clearly take a bit of time so i do several raids at a time wishing for luck in legends then i take a break in between.
Good luck. Hope you can get them. I have Shield, so if you need any help there, I can help. I need the Sword ones myself.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Good luck. Hope you can get them. I have Shield, so if you need any help there, I can help. I need the Sword ones myself.

thanks for the offer, i will see what the RNG gods offer up as i try to get the last 7 available in sword and random raids. not sure when that will happen as i dont play sword that often these days but a fun game is still a fun game to pass time.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
thanks for the offer, i will see what the RNG gods offer up as i try to get the last 7 available in sword and random raids. not sure when that will happen as i dont play sword that often these days but a fun game is still a fun game to pass time.
You're welcome. Ah. Yea it is. Still shiny hunting on my end. Sobble and Sandygast still haven't shined on my end yet.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You're welcome. Ah. Yea it is. Still shiny hunting on my end. Sobble and Sandygast still haven't shined on my end yet.

i havent even bothered to complete the returning pokemon pokedex at this point-crown tundra. i could just send some over from gen6-7 but cant feel bothered to do so at the moment.

i wish you luck on the shiny hunt, i never had the patience to tryi that for many pokemon. ive done atleast 20 but those were BC i wanted to. i cant bother soft resetting for a shiny, the odds arent stacked in favor for that many attempts.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
i havent even bothered to complete the returning pokemon pokedex at this point-crown tundra. i could just send some over from gen6-7 but cant feel bothered to do so at the moment.

i wish you luck on the shiny hunt, i never had the patience to tryi that for many pokemon. ive done atleast 20 but those were BC i wanted to. i cant bother soft resetting for a shiny, the odds arent stacked in favor for that many attempts.
Ah. I've sent some from Go to Home so far. Haven't done the Bank to Home thing yet.

Thanks. Not giving up either. Took me over 200 hours for a shiny Totodile in Gold and around the same to randomly hunt for a shiny Koffing in Crystal. Didn't have a lot of patience for it back when the games originally first came out though.

Pokemon Power

I still need to get seven legendaries in Dynamax Adventures, all of which require that I play online with a player that has the opposite version.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Ah. I've sent some from Go to Home so far. Haven't done the Bank to Home thing yet.

Thanks. Not giving up either. Took me over 200 hours for a shiny Totodile in Gold and around the same to randomly hunt for a shiny Koffing in Crystal. Didn't have a lot of patience for it back when the games originally first came out though.

yeah every entry up to Tundra is done and i just have too much RL stuff to do for the time being. one is a RC car 1:10 TT02D Nissan Skyline R33 kit, 1/3 of the chassis is done and its very interesting and time consuming.

the most patience i ever had is starter resets is for a female and or the desired nature. it doesnt help that some sequences to chose and check the starter are hell long... my first shiny was HG Seel and i just felt something was "wrong" with it when it randomly showed up and it was only a few minutes and a few Seel encounters in tha cave route. i caught that shiny Seel just to try and confirm why i was put on edge, the fangs/teeth were just "off". ive done 1-2 other shiny Seel in other games ever since HG.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
... my first shiny was HG Seel and i just felt something was "wrong" with it when it randomly showed up and it was only a few minutes and a few Seel encounters in tha cave route. i caught that shiny Seel just to try and confirm why i was put on edge, the fangs/teeth were just "off". ive done 1-2 other shiny Seel in other games ever since HG.

I've had moments like that. I hatched a shiny squirtle a few weeks back that didn't look right. Just a shade of blue too light. First one I've ever hatched and from two English parents to boot.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I've had moments like that. I hatched a shiny squirtle a few weeks back that didn't look right. Just a shade of blue too light. First one I've ever hatched and from two English parents to boot.
Funny you should mention that starter, gen6 PKX I did a 20-50 egg run for HA Squirtle. One of them was shiny natural, the shiny charm active but all English pairing.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The Calyrex 2 theme is perhaps my favorite Pokemon theme so far because it sounds like a Gym Leader/Battle Stadium theme of the Johto days. You can especially notice it in the Pokemon Stadium 2's take.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Where is Virizion in the Giant's Bed? The place is vast, and I feel like I've wandered around pointlessly for far too long.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
I'm Legendary-hunting in the Raid Adventures in Shield and I just lost to Zygarde for the 10th time, and all I can say is What The [Big Obnoxious Whiny Voice: "You're CEEENSOOORED!!1!"].

EDIT: 12 fails

EDIT: 14 fails

EDIT: 15 fails

EDIT: 16 FAILS

EDIT:
SUCCESS ON ATTEMPT #17!!!

Last edited:

DKN117

Legend Tamer
(Is double-posting okay if the posts are more than a week apart?)

Trying to grind Endless Adventures to get Dynite Ores to get Ability Patches. Nine times out of ten, I lose to the first Legendary and come away with a measly 3 Ores.

I still need 12 Patches.

Do you have ANY IDEA just HOW LONG it will take to get 2400 ORES when I'm earning THREE ORES PER SESSION?!

ShadowForce720

(Is double-posting okay if the posts are more than a week apart?)

Trying to grind Endless Adventures to get Dynite Ores to get Ability Patches. Nine times out of ten, I lose to the first Legendary and come away with a measly 3 Ores.

I still need 12 Patches.

Do you have ANY IDEA just HOW LONG it will take to get 2400 ORES when I'm earning THREE ORES PER SESSION?!

Well if your getting exactly 3 per session then it means you will have to do it 800 times. Of course the further your able to progress in endless adventure then the more ore you will rake up.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
@DKN117 That's fine.

Haven't done any Dynamax Adventures in a while. Been busy with shiny hunting lol.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been taking a break from gaming in general. Slowly coming back.

Been wanting to do some DA farming and get these Go Shinies traded for something more useful to me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I caught a wild female Archen which surprised me because I was expecting a male due to gender ratios of the older Fossils. I also evolved the Togepi I transferred from Gen VI into Togetic which I then used the many Shiny Stones that I have into Togekiss and I’m satisfied with its moveset.