• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Looks like they really are cracking down on hacked Pokémon, at least on the GTS. I’ve searched several Pokémon I know had far more hacked trades than legitimate ones (Spectrier and Glastrier being 2 of the big ones) and all the hacked ones are gone. Sadly I think it’s only a matter of time before they begin reappearing but for now it’s a start.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Looks like they really are cracking down on hacked Pokémon, at least on the GTS. I’ve searched several Pokémon I know had far more hacked trades than legitimate ones (Spectrier and Glastrier being 2 of the big ones) and all the hacked ones are gone. Sadly I think it’s only a matter of time before they begin reappearing but for now it’s a start.
That’s the thing with hackers. You may close the door on them but they just find a different one and open it wide open.

Personally I don’t like the hacked and the “.com” Pokémon that exist on the GTS and am glad to see them gone. At least for a little bit.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That’s the thing with hackers. You may close the door on them but they just find a different one and open it wide open.

Personally I don’t like the hacked and the “.com” Pokémon that exist on the GTS and am glad to see them gone. At least for a little bit.
Yep and it's been done already. Saw some hacked Suicunes on there tonight, lv 15, 20 and 30 ones.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That's possible due to Pokemon Go.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Kind of dislike that to be honest, since they can be mixed in with hacked ones. Seen too many low level ones over the years on the GTS, so I kind of give them the side eye out of habit.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Kind of dislike that to be honest, since they can be mixed in with hacked ones. Seen too many low level ones over the years on the GTS, so I kind of give them the side eye out of habit.
Yeah I was confused as well when I first saw a level 20 Mewtwo on GTS.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I was confused as well when I first saw a level 20 Mewtwo on GTS.
Same. Just edited the hack check thread to edit that stuff out.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I’ve been working on my Living Dex, and I’ve noticed a real change in the GTS offerings. Not really seeing those obvious marketing drops of 100, shineys, all ribbons, .com name (and others), legendaries.

Of course, all they really need to do is name them correctly, right move sets, balls, expected ribbons, levels, etc.

Still seeing people using the “.com” legendaries in raids though.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Heads up... they've already found away past the ban wave. Saw a new version of Machamps.com.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Heads up... they've already found away past the ban wave. Saw a new version of Machamps.com.
*flips invisible table* and right when i thought i could use the gts for legitimate stuff

nope

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
*flips invisible table* and right when i thought i could use the gts for legitimate stuff

nope
It was via Wonder Trade. The GTS seems to still be clear of them.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just aced the whole game 300% completed and all 3 pokedexes filled.

I have a few shoutouts for those notable members from here who helped me getting some trades. I might not remember all of them. But i love the help.
Only things i didnt do: level every caught critter to level 100, havent unlock sordward and shielbert in star tournament, beaten leon at the very last battle tower. I've barely played that feature.
:cool: :cool:

Odie= Thanks for that old Litten and Tough Claws Rockruff and Gible when i was starting out.
Rahus= Thanks for the Regidraco/Regieleki
Xaby=
for the Zekrom/Glastrier and Kabuto

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

nope

You can't underestimate the dedication of these people. Considering they're doing it as their paycheck, they're going to do everything they're capable of to circumvent the new hack checks whenever they come up.

Remember the MPAA spending US$1 billion for their HD-DVD encryption claiming it was uncrackable, only for it to not only be cracked that same month, but the decryption key posted all over the Internet?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Looks like some hacks are starting to reappear on the GTS. There’s a URL nicknamed Spectrier on there at the time I’m posting this.

EDIT: hacked shiny Cinderace too. Several with a known hacker YT nickname.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Looks like some hacks are starting to reappear on the GTS. There’s a URL nicknamed Spectrier on there at the time I’m posting this.

EDIT: hacked shiny Cinderace too. Several with a known hacker YT nickname.
That sucks. Got a Spectrier last night that wasn't legit via wonder trade.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yea i got two hacked shiny yveltal in wonder trade the other day they need to fix that too
You remember the Ot's? I can edit them into the hack check thread.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member