• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
With Pokémon Home and the fact that you can create multiple saves as long as you have several users created on your Switch, I think it’s incredibly easy to get the Legendaries you don’t have and they will still register in your main game as being from a different trainer.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I'm just about done with my playthrough of Pokemon Sword. I'm still playing in the Galarian Star Tournament from time to time for fun, but now it feels like my playthrough is pretty much complete.

The only thing now is that I'm trying to figure out which game to play next in terms of story progression since my Sword playthrough has always been more roleplaying based: Pokemon Y, New Snap, or the next Switch game. I started a Y playthrough last year, but I've been putting it on hold since I'm not sure where it'll fit chronologically. Plus, since I'm fairly certain the next main Switch game will feature Dynamaxing, I don't want to switch back & forth between that and mega evolution since I feel it would cause a power scaling problem (I know it's a stupid, nerdy reason, but still :p )

On the other hand, I'm waiting to see if New Snap will feature some kind of Pokemon distribution that we can bring into Home or the mainline games

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
With Pokémon Home and the fact that you can create multiple saves as long as you have several users created on your Switch, I think it’s incredibly easy to get the Legendaries you don’t have and they will still register in your main game as being from a different trainer.
If you have the time to do so. Been wanting to start a new file myself.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
*Looks at new Wild Area event*
Me: I knew it, Aarune (from ORAS) was a time traveller. So THIS is how he got that level 23 Flygon, he went forward to Feb 5th 2021, caught a 1* Flygon and returned to 2014.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
*Looks at new Wild Area event*
Me: I knew it, Aarune (from ORAS) was a time traveller. So THIS is how he got that level 23 Flygon, he went forward to Feb 5th 2021, caught a 1* Flygon and returned to 2014.
I doubt that Aarune traveled through time just to get a low level Flygon when his home region could be Galar instead of Hoenn.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've had no luck in finding Shiny Cramorant yet, but I did some more Dynamax Adventures today and bagged a Shiny Salazzle. The white looks so much nicer than her default colour scheme. That's three Shinies I've caught in the Galar Region now; Salazzle, Quagsire and Claydol. Zeraora too, but that was a Pokemon Home freebie from that Max Raid event they did, so I usually don't count it.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

More out of curiosity then anything else, what's everyone's opinion on the shiny den hosting?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
More out of curiosity then anything else, what's everyone's opinion on the shiny den hosting?
I'm fine with it, if it's not done automated and isn't with a ton of dens. It's one thing to reset for a shiny and another to cheat for them/manipulate them.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Home update is pretty awesome, even just the picking up all wonder trades at once. Also followed that with getting the 18th vivillon form. Only two to go. Then I can go back to dreaming of a way to get the 4 mythicals dex entries to complete the home dex.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
has anyone else noticed that Bede’s theme sounds EXACTLY like this song:
pardon the hentai cover this is japanese electronic music so

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Home update is pretty awesome, even just the picking up all wonder trades at once. Also followed that with getting the 18th vivillon form. Only two to go. Then I can go back to dreaming of a way to get the 4 mythicals dex entries to complete the home dex.
Lucky! Only bothered with getting one Vivillion, to be honest. It's just too much of a hassle.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It's pretty much entirely down to boredom and luck tbh. Been collecting all unown forms alongside vivillon forms and trading them back out for others.
Ah. You're lucky on both to be honest. Was lucky to get one Unown.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Ah. You're lucky on both to be honest. Was lucky to get one Unown.
I really was. Spent ages scrolling through the gts several times a day looking for the forms I didn’t have. Breeding anything as quick as I could to beat others. Exp candies helped jump to max levels too for those requests. Covered minior too. All from one random Vivillon in a wonder trade that started the hunts.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
After promising myself I wouldn't, I made another attempt at battling Zygarde in Dynamax Adventures, not really expecting much, and......

I ACTUALLY CAUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was using a Sneasel, and the team I ended up with was Nidoqueen, Klinklang and Chansey. I Dynamaxed on the first turn, and Sneasel's Max Hailstorm did a surprising amount of damage, enough to get Zygarde into yellow health and trigger Power Construct. It wasn't even a critical hit or anything. While I know Zygarde is 4x weak to Ice, I've never seen Max Hailstorm do that much damage to it before.
On top of that, the AI on Zygarde decided to be dumb for the first couple of turns, using Max Strike on Chansey and Dragon Pulse on Klinklang, which they tanked, and the hail from the Max Hailstorm wasn't causing a lot of problems either. Meanwhile Nidoqueen kept spamming Charm, so when Zygarde did start using Land's Wrath, its Attack was too low for it to sweep the team. By the time Sneasel's Dynamax wore off, Zygarde was down to only a bit of red health, and while we only had one life left, the rest of the team had just been revived and were all at full health, so it just took one more Triple Axel to bring Zygarde down.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I already liked Raihan as a character, but teaming up with his Flygon with my Zapdos in the Galarian Star Tournament is one of the easiest money/exp farming techniques I've ever seen in a Pokemon game.