• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Trying to get a shiny Xerneas. I’m at mon #90 something so now I’m just gonna be catching Xerneas until it’s white and blue.

Rare_Candy

How's that ? Owned suckah !
It took me a while to finally buy the DLCs and i really don't regret buying them, they're great !
The wild areas are so much bigger and interesting than the one we got in the main game. The lore and new additions to the plot are really cool as well and i spent a lot of time just exploring and catching Pokemon, it's nice.

Also, i love both Avery and Klara they're so petty, it's hilarious. I would've loved for these two to be the main rivals in the base game instead of Hop, Marnie and Bede. (Not that i don't like them, but having them as friends would've been better imo !)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Also, i love both Avery and Klara they're so petty, it's hilarious. I would've loved for these two to be the main rivals in the base game instead of Hop, Marnie and Bede. (Not that i don't like them, but having them as friends would've been better imo !)
I wouldn’t mind having Avery as a main rival and maybe even being Bede’s replacement mid-game for a secondary rival but I sort of feel annoyed with Klara. I just don’t like girls who act like her given I had to deal with girls l8ke that throughout high school and living with my stepsister. Seriously, Klara rubs me the wrong way so badly that I just want to rip that giant bow off her head and shove it down her throat just to shut her up before smacking her for acting like a jerk.

Teravolt

I wouldn’t mind having Avery as a main rival and maybe even being Bede’s replacement mid-game for a secondary rival but I sort of feel annoyed with Klara. I just don’t like girls who act like her given I had to deal with girls l8ke that throughout high school and living with my stepsister. Seriously, Klara rubs me the wrong way so badly that I just want to rip that giant bow off her head and shove it down her throat just to shut her up before smacking her for acting like a jerk.
That’s…actually accurate.

savits721

hi, everyone..been awhile since i've been here. i think my question applies to this thread, but apologies if it does not.

i bought sword and shield back when it came out. finally finished my galar dex and am ready to move on to the expansion pass. did they sell a physical case for the expansion? like i know they sell sword with the expansion for like $80 bucks or whatever, but i don't need sword again.

did they sell a case or was it just digital codes that download the software to the switch? even if its a case that just has a card in it, i'm just curious

also do i have to buy two expansion passes for sword (one for isle and other for crown)?

thanks

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
hi, everyone..been awhile since i've been here. i think my question applies to this thread, but apologies if it does not.

i bought sword and shield back when it came out. finally finished my galar dex and am ready to move on to the expansion pass. did they sell a physical case for the expansion? like i know they sell sword with the expansion for like $80 bucks or whatever, but i don't need sword again.

did they sell a case or was it just digital codes that download the software to the switch? even if its a case that just has a card in it, i'm just curious

also do i have to buy two expansion passes for sword (one for isle and other for crown)?

thanks

The expansion pass are just codes with no physical release. And I believe one pass covers them both in the eshop, the details will be given on the product page though.

Teravolt

Anyone have any tips for how to fastest weaken Suicune in Dynamax Adventures? I’m trying to shiny hunt it. Ideally, I want to use bots as much as I can due to time constraints. What mons and moves would be best to use?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Anyone have any tips for how to fastest weaken Suicune in Dynamax Adventures? I’m trying to shiny hunt it. Ideally, I want to use bots as much as I can due to time constraints. What mons and moves would be best to use?
I always go for Pokémon that are defeated if they are strong against the last Pokémon found at the end of the Adventure or have a move that can cause super effective hits and Dynamax whenever I can. Grass Pokémon are especially useful against Suicune but I think there’s an Ice type that knows Freeze Dry which is also a good strategy.

Teravolt

I always go for Pokémon that are defeated if they are strong against the last Pokémon found at the end of the Adventure or have a move that can cause super effective hits and Dynamax whenever I can. Grass Pokémon are especially useful against Suicune but I think there’s an Ice type that knows Freeze Dry which is also a good strategy.
I do that strategy, too. it’s just taking a while since Suicune has high defense and special defense.
A LONG WHILE

Anyone have any specific strategies?

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
For this upcoming Cramorant event, I wonder if you have to take part in the raids? Because really, if I can, I'd like to just collect the rewards once they are avaliable.

But who am I kidding? It'll probably be like the Zeraora raids again <_<
Zeraora was nothing compared to 20 retries on regular zygarde. Thousand Arrows are really annoying if you thought flying types were safe. Finding at least 1 fairy type or a pokemon with a ice move was a absolute must to defeat him. And his Power Construct is a even bigger OH CRAP HERE WE GO AGAIN moment.

I do that strategy, too. it’s just taking a while since Suicune has high defense and special defense.
A LONG WHILE

Anyone have any specific strategies?
Electric types are great as well. Also if you find Wide Guard move is also great just in case suicune knows surf to attack you whole team.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I end up winning Zygarde with a non-optimal type. I think the one pokémon I was using was Abomasnow. It counters Zygarde hard with Avalanche.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I end up winning Zygarde with a non-optimal type. I think the one pokémon I was using was Abomasnow. It counters Zygarde hard with Avalanche.
I think I got really lucky with Zygarde, the Max Hailstorm from my Sneasel did more damage than I thought it would, it didn't use Land's Wrath or Thousand Arrows for the first few turns, and we had a Nidoqueen that did nothing but spam Charm over and over again, so by the time Zygarde did start using its sweeping moves its attack was too low to be a problem.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Zeraora was nothing compared to 20 retries on regular zygarde. Thousand Arrows are really annoying if you thought flying types were safe. Finding at least 1 fairy type or a pokemon with a ice move was a absolute must to defeat him. And his Power Construct is a even bigger OH CRAP HERE WE GO AGAIN moment.

Electric types are great as well. Also if you find Wide Guard move is also great just in case suicune knows surf to attack you whole team.

Definitely. A solid Electric move does really well against Suicune. Wide Guard is a g_d send against any powerful moves, let alone ones that can attack your entire team.

savits721

hi, quick question, i'm older and still a fan of physical media. if i buy the sword + sword expansion release (where the expansion pass is on the game card) (the 89.99 game version), i can still access my save file form my sword only game card, right? the save file for the game is saved to the switch itself, not like the cartridges of old from teh GB, GBA, DS, etc.

BCVM22

In theory, yes, you are correct, save files are stored to the system.

In practice, I am not certain whether your system would recognize the Sword + Expansion Pass game card as being the same software as a Sword game card.

savits721

In theory, yes, you are correct, save files are stored to the system.

In practice, I am not certain whether your system would recognize the Sword + Expansion Pass game card as being the same software as a Sword game card.
that is a good point with your second sentence. i wonder if anyone has done what i'm querying

BCVM22

With that being said, however, if you already own Sword (as it appears you do), is it really worth spending another $90 just for the Sword + Expansion game card? I understand enjoying lining up game cases on the shelf, I do the same, but that's spending $90 just for that privilege when you could simply spend $30 on the digital Expansion Pass (which you can buy as a physical code card from a store, if you really want something tangible to hold) and save yourself both money and hassle regarding what the existing save file will and won't recognize.

savits721

Your critique is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't like wasting money, and I just spent around $700 total on the 8 games I missed (BW 1/2, Ultra/SM). was pretty proud of myself getting legitimate copies of the games for that price. i'll sit on it and see. thanks bcvm22