• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
As Galarian Ponyta has been confirmed to be Psychic-typed, I think it's safe to say the rumor that mentioned a Fairy-typed Galarian Ponyta is almost definitely false. I suppose it's possible the person saw Galarian Ponyta and simply assumed it was a Fairy type (it does look like one), but far more likely is that it was just a lucky guess, but they got the typing wrong.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As Galarian Ponyta has been confirmed to be Psychic-typed, I think it's safe to say the rumor that mentioned a Fairy-typed Galarian Ponyta is almost definitely false. I suppose it's possible the person saw Galarian Ponyta and simply assumed it was a Fairy type (it does look like one), but far more likely is that it was just a lucky guess, but they got the typing wrong.
Yeah. That one is fake now. I knew it was anyways because those legendary abilities were far too overpowered.

Ascended Dialga

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

Wilderness

If you can’t tell from my icon, I’m trans.

That's not a type!

On topic: I'm wondering if Galarian Ponyta will evolve directly into Rapidash, or if there will be a Gardevoir/Gallade situation here of a split evolution. The missing-tail thing from the research could perhaps be indicative of this, or maybe Rapidash could evolve further? Obviously all speculation here.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's keep on topic and keep politics and rl out of it. Thanks.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
That's not a type!
*Sigh* okay, I’m just gonna clarify this and drop this topic. The “joke” made uses the specific format of a transphobic “joke” that mocks people with my kind of identity as being over-sensitive and whiny because we value not having our identities dismissed. Further, we do not say “don’t assume my gender,” because obviously that will happen, people have to unlearn gender assumptions just as we did, so of course it’d be hypocritical to judge. The “joke” is, quite simply and literally, a way to mock my existence. So naturally, I dislike it. Not even to mention the fact it makes me feel unwelcome here and that it reinforces transphobic ideas.

Edit: @WishIhadaManafi5 my apologies, I didn’t see your message.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I know many will disagree with me here, and I could wind up being wrong because the Famitsu page is kinda suggesting it, but I have doubts about Galarian Ponyta being the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. Farfetch'd and Ponyta have literally nothing in common other than being Kanto Pokemon, and we have yet to see a Galarian Farfetch'd (if it even exists).

So if Sirfetch'd isn't Galarian Ponyta's Sword version counterpart, I wonder what is. My immediate thought goes to something like Blitzle as another dual stage equine Pokemon (and we already know it's not Mudsdale because it's already been confirmed).

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I know many will disagree with me here, and I could wind up being wrong because the Famitsu page is kinda suggesting it, but I have doubts about Galarian Ponyta being the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. Farfetch'd and Ponyta have literally nothing in common other than being Kanto Pokemon, and we have yet to see a Galarian Farfetch'd (if it even exists).

So if Sirfetch'd isn't Galarian Ponyta's Sword version counterpart, I wonder what is. My immediate thought goes to something like Blitzle as another dual stage equine Pokemon (and we already know it's not Mudsdale because it's already been confirmed).

I'm with you on this. Usually counterparts share something in common, if there's anything in common between Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd and Ponyta/Rapidash, I'm at a loss to see it.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

Well, they’re both two-stage ‘mons now, assuming no regional evo for Rapidash. Also, can’t recall who (sorry) but someone did say they have a medieval theme (knight and unicorn), so there is that.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Also, can’t recall who (sorry) but someone did say they have a medieval theme (knight and unicorn), so there is that.

Actually that's a good point, and I can't believe I didn't think of it before. What better counterpart to a knight than his steed?

Bus

Really happy that I went with Shield to pre-order. I like Ponyta more than Farfetch'd and a pure Psychic typing is neat. It'll probably get Psychic/flying when it evolves; I mean, people have been hoping for it to become a winged horse since gen 2 so there's no way they're not going to take the opportunity to do that now.

This may turn out to have a similar pokemon spread as Generation 4. By that, I mean a good amount of new pokemon and a lot of pokemon evolutions (or variants) based on older 'mons. So far we've got several Gen 1's and only one Gen 3 variant, but we know it's not going to end there. That kind of tells me they're going to have a lot more to come for other gens. In Gen 4, 26 Pokemon were actually evolutions (or pre-evolutions) to older pokemon. Right now we've got:
Weezing
Ponyta
Rapidash (assuming)
Sirfetch'd
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Obstagoon

Only 7 known variants so far and if it matches Gen 4's pace, we've still got another 19 pokemon that can be variants and/or evolutions for the region. I'm not counting Farfetch'd or Koffing (yet) since its unknown if they'll even have a variant. Like Pichu, Pikachu, Eggxeccute, and Cubone in Alola, they may only have regional variant evolutions and not a base form.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, they’re both two-stage ‘mons now, assuming no regional evo for Rapidash. Also, can’t recall who (sorry) but someone did say they have a medieval theme (knight and unicorn), so there is that.
Oh hey, that was me!

Even though it’s pretty loose, I’m sticking with the medieval theme theory. There have been version exclusive pairs for weaker reasons (ex. Drampa and Turtonator).