• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Be cause regional variations dont involve a change of species all together. Alolan sandshrew changed type but it's the same animal.
That's fair, although a zebra is similar enough to a horse where maybe a Galarian Blitzle/Zebstrika could resemble a more typical horse more than a zebra. Maybe, as opposed to Galarian Ponyta that's based on a mythical creature, it could resemble a knight's steed with armor and stuff. Could see that being a Steel type and maybe something slower but bulkier than Blitzle/Zebstrika.

IDK, just a thought.

DSDark

Breeder
That's fair, although a zebra is similar enough to a horse where maybe a Galarian Blitzle/Zebstrika could resemble a more typical horse more than a zebra. Maybe, as opposed to Galarian Ponyta that's based on a mythical creature, it could resemble a knight's steed with armor and stuff. Could see that being a Steel type and maybe something slower but bulkier than Blitzle/Zebstrika.

IDK, just a thought.

I'm still hoping that Sword gets a glimwood tangle exclusive. It could be a Dark/Electric Blitzle

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
People who watched the livestream probably noticed the yellow light coming from the bottom-left corner a couple of times, which I personally was expecting it to be another new Pokémon.

What if that Pokémon is a tease and turns out to be Sword-exclusive part-Electric type?

axelme

Thinking about my Harry Potter connection idea. I wonder if corvilknight would be that raven pokemon for the ravenclaw house. In which case we still need that new snake, badger and may finally get a gryphon

ScratchnSn1ff

i'm personally really happy G.Ponyta isn't fairy type, like it would be a bit too easy with how it looks, and it makes me feel like they put effort into thinking about how/why it changed and what they felt really fit that change, which to them is Psychic, It and G.Weezing are really cool curve balls imo

ScratchnSn1ff

I know many will disagree with me here, and I could wind up being wrong because the Famitsu page is kinda suggesting it, but I have doubts about Galarian Ponyta being the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd. Farfetch'd and Ponyta have literally nothing in common other than being Kanto Pokemon, and we have yet to see a Galarian Farfetch'd (if it even exists).

So if Sirfetch'd isn't Galarian Ponyta's Sword version counterpart, I wonder what is. My immediate thought goes to something like Blitzle as another dual stage equine Pokemon (and we already know it's not Mudsdale because it's already been confirmed).
with the fact that they were announced back to back and that they're put side by side on the official exclusives page i think they are exclusive counterparts, if they weren't i feel like whatever IS Sirfetch'd's exclusive counterpart would have been released in Ponyta's stead

Lucky3

I mean, there are several Pokemon that straight up become different species of animals upon evolving. I wouldn't put much stock on that kind of stuff.

That said, the leak that says Ponyta's counterpart is Blitzle also says that Opal uses either of their galarian evolutions depending on the game, which implies Fairy type. I somehow doubt Galarian Ponyta will gain that type if it doesn't have it already, but who knows. But that's in and on itself pretty weird because why would Opal's team of all things vary with games, as opposed to just having version-exclusive gym leaders. Also it says their theme is unicorn/pegasus. Since Ponyta is the unicorn, I guess that would make Blitzle the pegasus? A fairy pegasus zebra is kinda weird, even by Pokemon standards.

LordSerperior

Thinking about my Harry Potter connection idea. I wonder if corvilknight would be that raven pokemon for the ravenclaw house. In which case we still need that new snake, badger and may finally get a gryphon
Griffindor's symbol is actually a lion. Ravenclaw's is also actually an eagle but the movies changed it to a raven so that can still count I guess.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

Griffindor's symbol is actually a lion. Ravenclaw's is also actually an eagle but the movies changed it to a raven so that can still count I guess.

And for Hufflepuff I think Obstagoon counts as a badger. (Though I wouldn't mind seeing a less anthropomorphised badger as well.)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

That said yes please to a gryphon Pokemon.

You kinda got to wonder sometimes how we haven't gotten one yet. Personally though I'm worried when we do it'll be a legendary or mythical.

lablablabz

I apologize for that previous post, I realize that could be taken the wrong way and sound too dismissive. I do acknowledge that Sirfetch'd and Ponyta being counterparts to each other is a possibility if you consider theme (that is kinda what happened with Sandshrew and Vulpix in Alola, after all, considering they don't share much in common either other than originally being Blue version exclusives). Medieval theme with knight vs. steed does make sense, and besides, the only thing consistent about Pokemon is that there is no consistency.

Anyway, I have another theory for a possible Sword counterpart to Ponyta if it's not Farfetch'd and they don't take the obvious route and do Blitzle as another dual stage equine Pokemon. This might sound odd, but what about Galarian Litleo/Pyroar, as a reference to the UK Royal Coat of Arms? In their original forms, both are also dual stage Fire types.

OG Vulpix and Sandshrew may only have being Blue exclusives as something in common, but in Alola, they are both ice-types, so them being version-exclusives makes more sense.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I mean it would make sense to me personally if they are version exclusives. You have different advantages to either party (no pun intended). With the Sirfetch'd line you aren't getting a variant... it just evolves but your are getting a new evolution to the Farfetch'd line and while Galarian Ponyta isn't getting a new evoltuion it and (guessing) Rapidash are both regional variants instead of just one.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, it was just a thought, but clearly no one's really gonna buy it without some solid proof or confirmation. Plus, admittedly, it just bothers me personally that if they are counterparts, they're probably the most random, "imperfect" counterparts in the entire history of the series. But, as I said, the only thing consistent about Pokemon is that there is no consistency, and not everything has to "fit" in a nice, tidy pattern as neatly as I wish it would.

Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful for more Galarian forms and evolutions. Who knows?

Moving on to something else interesting that was revealed earlier, regarding the starter evolutions, Ohmori said something like "They'll think 'Ah, that makes sense with the Galar region why these are the starters" when asked if the starters have a special connection to Galar.

Which sounds like they're trying hard to not reveal what they're going to evolve into, but given what we know about Affleck, I think probably means something like "musician," "football player," and "spy." References to stuff like the Beatles, James Bond, and... I don't know, David Beckham, I guess? Or any other famous football player from the UK?

DSDark

Breeder
With Sirfetch’d, Galarian Weezing, Obstagoon, and Galarian Ponyta being added to the Dynamax camera, it’d be interesting to see their code names. Maybe then we can figure out Rapidash’s design (like if Ponyta was in there as “pegasus1” similar to how Grookey is labeled as “gorilla1”

I am curious about that as well.

SurrealistSmeargle

With Sirfetch’d, Galarian Weezing, Obstagoon, and Galarian Ponyta being added to the Dynamax camera, it’d be interesting to see their code names. Maybe then we can figure out Rapidash’s design (like if Ponyta was in there as “pegasus1” similar to how Grookey is labeled as “gorilla1”
It's likely they don't have code names. As I recall, all the existing pokemon just had their names as the file name, not code names like the brand new mons. So Weezing and Ponyta will likely just be called Weezing and Ponyta. Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon could have one, but they'd just tell us what we can already see, and I think it's just as likely they're just in there as 'Farfetch'd2' and 'Zigzagoon3', or if they do have code names, 'duck/knight2' and 'badger3'.

Bus

We do have Obstagoon now; I think he's a badger. That means we just need a new snake (or a Galar variant for Arbok or Seviper) and a Griffin. I know we have a lot of Kanto pokemon with variants already, but....we've got a Galarian Weezing...it seems so wrong to leave poor Arbok out in the cold. Grass/Ground Arbok variant maybe?