• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Idk. Seems improbable for me to have that in the first version. In the end it's still possible that the wolves are just symbols and have nothing to do with any actual pokemon.
I think it makes sense under the new Game Director's vision. Plus it makes sense from a release pattern position similar to that of the 6th gen. As many of us know, the 6th gen featured the release of the X and Y games and ORAS remakes but no third version? For many, this was a startling change from the rest of the series and many people believe that the Sun & Moon games are sort of like the third version to X & Y. So in order to not make that mistake again, I believe Ohmori intends to release Sword & Shield as THE FULL PRODUCT. As in, there will NEVER BE A THIRD VERSION of Sword & Shield because Sword & Shield are already the Third Version, featuring the Trio Master in the logo. It'll be like Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, which are considered third versions and yet separate paired releases featuring Necrozma hidden in the corner. With that, they can just skip the third version right ahead without worrying about it and into the Diamond & Pearl remakes. So from a release pattern perspective, I do think Sword & Shield is the full "third" version because of the possible legendary in the logo.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
I think it makes sense under the new Game Director's vision. Plus it makes sense from a release pattern position similar to that of the 6th gen. As many of us know, the 6th gen featured the release of the X and Y games and ORAS remakes but no third version? For many, this was a startling change from the rest of the series and many people believe that the Sun & Moon games are sort of like the third version to X & Y. So in order to not make that mistake again, I believe Ohmori intends to release Sword & Shield as THE FULL PRODUCT. As in, there will NEVER BE A THIRD VERSION of Sword & Shield because Sword & Shield are already the Third Version, featuring the Trio Master in the logo. It'll be like Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, which are considered third versions and yet separate paired releases featuring Necrozma hidden in the corner. With that, they can just skip the third version right ahead without worrying about it and into the Diamond & Pearl remakes. So from a release pattern perspective, I do think Sword & Shield is the full "third" version because of the possible legendary in the logo.

While it does make sense to a certain point, I'd be disappointed without a third version. Also, I did not get the vibe that SM were third version for XY.

shoz999

While it does make sense to a certain point, I'd be disappointed without a third version. Also, I did not get the vibe that SM were third version for XY.
People claim that because Sun & Moon gives Zygarde a bigger role than X & Y and gives him several new upgraded features that is fitting of a trio master serving as the "third version" mascot and I kind of see where they were going but I think it's more than likely that GameFreak just had a third version in mind and scrapped those ideas for 6th gen and just pushed them into 7th gen somehow.

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
People claim that because Sun & Moon gives Zygarde a bigger role than X & Y and gives him several new upgraded features that is fitting of a trio master serving as the "third version" mascot and I kind of see where they were going but I think it's more than likely that GameFreak just had a third version in mind and scrapped those ideas for 6th gen and just pushed them into 7th gen somehow.

I see. I agree with you on this, though, as it seems more likely to happen to me than outright completely removing third versions.

shoz999

I see. I agree with you on this, though, as it seems more likely to happen to me than outright completely removing third versions.
I'd say it seems like GameFreak intended third versions for X & Y because as a lot of people pointed out, X & Y feels unfinished. Locations mentioned by NPCs that never exist and blocked off areas give that vibe. I know there's only a few of them but that's quite a lot compared to past Pokemon games where everything feels in-place. Hopefully I'm right and Sword & Shield comes out as the full finished product with a lot of things fans have been asking.

derekrandall

So who else thinks the legendary Pokemon in the Sword & Shield Logo is actually the trio master in two different forms, a Sword Form and a Shield Form, and is separate from the actual boxart legendaries, kind of like Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon where you see Solgaleo and Lunala but Ultra Necrozma hidden in the corner.

I think that too, I think there will be a wolf legendary that has two forms, and then then the two box art legendaries.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
The wolf heads in the logos are interesting. I think in some ways it be kinda dull to possibly have both cover legendarys be based on the same animal inspiration. But that also doesn't have to be true. They could look quite different. Like one bipedal and the other a quadruped, (although for some reason that feels like something we have seen recently?)

I do think it be fun if the wolf was the trio master, and then these cover legends could maybe somehow use a wolf as part of their designs, without actually being wolf's? Maybe the sword legend has a wolf like helmet? And the shield has a big Shiled that has a wolf pattern on it?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Regional Variants were my favorite aspects of Sun and Moon so I wpuld love that to return in SwSh.

Those "leaked" variants are awesome and I would love them to be real, especially the Grumpig and Magcargo ones. But I agree with everyone else that Gardevior will likely never get a regional form.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
There is a few Pokédex leaks.
They all seem fake to me. Especially the latest one. It has some names that wouldn’t make it past the censorship staff.
Though some of the types do seem pretty cool.
I also know that there have been images of Pokémon that have been leaked, but those are fake.

ebevan91

A "Z" version (let's call it that for simplicity) would have likely pushed development cycles for the succeeding games back a year or 2. Imagine if "Z" came out in 2014, and then ORAS in 2015, then S/M in 2017, US/UM in 2018, and LGP/E in 2019. They'd be pushing gen 8 all the way to late 2020, possibly even early 2021, meaning Sword/Shield wouldn't be out until 3/4 years after the Switch released.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
A "Z" version (let's call it that for simplicity) would have likely pushed development cycles for the succeeding games back a year or 2. Imagine if "Z" came out in 2014, and then ORAS in 2015, then S/M in 2017, US/UM in 2018, and LGP/E in 2019. They'd be pushing gen 8 all the way to late 2020, possibly even early 2021, meaning Sword/Shield wouldn't be out until 3/4 years after the Switch released.
And seeing as Pokemon is a system seller, they wouldn't want it to be delayed that long.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I have seen a rumor originally posted on 4Chan through Twitter (@LeaksPokemon) regarding the starters, new Pokémon, professor, new battle mechanics and apparently "Galon" variants. Out of all the comical rumors we've seen so far, that stood up better and if ends up being fake, it was executed nicely.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still fake though, like the others. It has some decent ideas sprinkled between stuff that would never be a part of the games.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Still fake though, like the others. It has some decent ideas sprinkled between stuff that would never be a part of the games.
Curious to know what made you think it was fake by referring 'never be a part of the game'?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Curious to know what made you think it was fake by referring 'never be a part of the game'?
I'm going off 4chan's and other leakers past history. Along with some of the Pokémon being ones that wouldn't make it past the in game censor.

Orphalesion

The Teamster stuff sounded pretty bad. Yeah please don't force me to use NPCs as my allies during gym battles.

The "Candy Crab" Kingler and the Bus Tardigrade that absorbs other Pokemon sounded a bit...."eh..."
That being said I wouldn't mind a sort of Tardigrade Pokemon.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The only rumor I sort of think is possible is the discussed Teamster/Galon Form one. It sounds just ridiculous enough to believe they’d actually do it.

Not a big fan of the Teamster mechanic in question though; it sounds too convoluted and forced. Requiring NPC’s to compete in a Gym Battle seems like it’d suck the satisfaction out of beating it yourself. I do like the Regional Variants mentioned (& they don’t seem too out there like Galarian/Galon/whatever forms of Gardevoir, Charizard, etc.) and the characters. Even if it is the most ‘probable’ rumor, we won’t know yet.