• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wasn’t Grookey shown to have Knock Off?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yes it was according to Serebii. What about it?
People were discussing the hypothetical situation where its final evolution is Grass/Normal and would struggle against Ghost Types especially the Litwick & Gastly lines. It’d have a way to hit them super effectively with Knock Off

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
People were discussing the hypothetical situation where its final evolution is Grass/Normal and would struggle against Ghost Types especially the Litwick & Gastly lines. It’d have a way to hit them super effectively with Knock Off
That was the point I was trying to make earlier. Unless it gets Scrappy or a similar HA that does the same thing, Grookey could end up being picked the least out of the three Starters.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
That was the point I was trying to make earlier. Unless it gets Scrappy or a similar HA that does the same thing, Grookey could end up being picked the least out of the three Starters.

I think most people pick their starters based on design over everything else, so I doubt it would have a massive effect.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The more I think about it, the more I think there's a chance GameFreak will pull a G/S/C on us and make all of the starters' final evolutions monotype. The Affleck leak mentioned Scorbunny ending up pure Fire (maybe he was only referring to Raboot but the wording didn't seem that way, then again the whole leak was awkwardly worded in many places), and I struggle to think of a valid secondary typing for Grookey's evolution, unless there are design elements that weren't mentioned in the leak. Normal typing makes some degree of sense, but it doesn't officially represent sound. There are several sound-based moves that are not Normal-type (Bug Buzz, Clanging Scales, Parting Shot, Snarl, Grasswhistle, etc). I think if they really want to emphasize the sound-based elements of Grookey 3's design, they'll probably do so through a hidden ability that affects sound-based moves, similar to Primarina. That leaves its typing a very open-ended question. Finally we have Sobble, who I think is the least likely to be a monotype Pokemon of the three, but given that all we know is that Intelleon will have a spy theme, I don't think we can safely rule out monotyping at all. I'm leaning towards something like Water/Ghost or Water/Poison being more likely, but I don't think it's safe to say that we won't just end up with another Gen 2 where all 3 starters end up being monotype.

ShadowForce720

The more I think about it, the more I think there's a chance GameFreak will pull a G/S/C on us and make all of the starters' final evolutions monotype. The Affleck leak mentioned Scorbunny ending up pure Fire (maybe he was only referring to Raboot but the wording didn't seem that way, then again the whole leak was awkwardly worded in many places), and I struggle to think of a valid secondary typing for Grookey's evolution, unless there are design elements that weren't mentioned in the leak. Normal typing makes some degree of sense, but it doesn't officially represent sound. There are several sound-based moves that are not Normal-type (Bug Buzz, Clanging Scales, Parting Shot, Snarl, Grasswhistle, etc). I think if they really want to emphasize the sound-based elements of Grookey 3's design, they'll probably do so through a hidden ability that affects sound-based moves, similar to Primarina. That leaves its typing a very open-ended question. Finally we have Sobble, who I think is the least likely to be a monotype Pokemon of the three, but given that all we know is that Intelleon will have a spy theme, I don't think we can safely rule out monotyping at all. I'm leaning towards something like Water/Ghost or Water/Poison being more likely, but I don't think it's safe to say that we won't just end up with another Gen 2 where all 3 starters end up being monotype.

Actually your misunderstanding what was be said when it that Scorbunny was pure fire but had fighting type moves. It didn't mean that Scorbunny's final evolution would be a pure fire type with fighting type moves, and the line actually wasn't referring to either of Scorbunny's evolutions. When it said Scorbunny is pure fire but has fighting type moves, what it meant was Scorbunny itself is pure fire but has fighting type moves which is true as Scorbunny is a pure fire type and it can learn fighting type moves as we saw it use Double Kick.

Basically the Affleck leak never actually mentioned the typings of the middle stage or final evolutions of the Galar starters. So basically the part that your referring to is not referring to Raboot or Scorbunny's final evolution, it is instead referring to Scorbunny itself.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Actually your misunderstanding what was be said when it that Scorbunny was pure fire but had fighting type moves. It didn't mean that Scorbunny's final evolution would be a pure fire type with fighting type moves, and the line actually wasn't referring to either of Scorbunny's evolutions. When it said Scorbunny is pure fire but has fighting type moves, what it meant was Scorbunny itself is pure fire but has fighting type moves which is true as Scorbunny is a pure fire type and it can learn fighting type moves as we saw it use Double Kick.

Basically the Affleck leak never actually mentioned the typings of the middle stage or final evolutions of the Galar starters. So basically the part that your referring to is not referring to Raboot or Scorbunny's final evolution, it is instead referring to Scorbunny itself.

Then it doesn't make any sense to include at all, as we already knew Scorbunny's typing since it was revealed.

ShadowForce720

Then it doesn't make any sense to include at all, as we already knew Scorbunny's typing since it was revealed.

Whether it makes sense to you or not, doesn't really matter that still doesn't change the point that it's referring to Scorbunny itself which is why it says Scorbunny is pure fire but can learn Fighting type moves. It didn't say that Scorbunny evolves into a pure fire type but has fighting type moves or that Raboot is a pure fire type but has fighting type moves. Basically it's never stated the typings of the middle stage or final evolutions of the Galar started. Also keep in mind the Affleck leak came out in May which was before we got to see some of the moves Scorbunny could learn. So it does make sense because back in May while we did know it was pure fire type we didn't know Scorbunny could learn Fighting type moves.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's pretty clear that the Affleck Leak does not at all claim that Scorbunny stays pure Fire.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
A new rumor, another calling Grookey Grass/Normal and 75 new Pokémon.
And this is not a rumor, but it says games could leak soon since downloadable copies are coming out soon.
I couldn’t find a place for the second one since I knew it wouldn’t be good in General.

DannyDark

A new rumor, another calling Grookey Grass/Normal and 75 new Pokémon.
And this is not a rumor, but it says games could leak soon since downloadable copies are coming out soon.
I couldn’t find a place for the second one since I knew it wouldn’t be good in General.

Easier post-game battle facility?! Big yikes. I hope not.

DannyDark

If by easier they mean the AI doesn’t blatantly cheat anymore, then I’m all for it.

For that, I'd be asking for better AI as opposed to easier.. IVs, EVs, actual sets on the Pokemon, team synergy and using Dynamax.
The battle facilities have to resort to cheating because the pre-programmed teams have hardly any thought or reason to them, so of course they're not going to be able to compete against an actual player without cheating. Just need a bit more effort put into the feature.

In the video the change stated in the rumour was that it would simply take less wins to reach the boss stage, I believe, which doesn't fix anything for those wanting to go for streaks.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
For that, I'd be asking for better AI as opposed to easier.. IVs, EVs, actual sets on the Pokemon, team synergy and using Dynamax.
The battle facilities have to resort to cheating because the pre-programmed teams have hardly any thought or reason to them, so of course they're not going to be able to compete against an actual player without cheating. Just need a bit more effort put into the feature.

In the video the change stated in the rumour was that it would simply take less wins to reach the boss stage, I believe, which doesn't fix anything for those wanting to go for streaks.
Agreed.
Yeah. I want better/harder leagues than easier.
Remember how SM and its remake especially the E4 had fully EV trained Pokemon of all things and even competitive movesets? I wanna see that in Galar because that was a huge step up from even Unova (Don't get me wrong though that was a mess for me to get through too but only because leveling to even was a pain, but I did not expect EV trained 'mons in the Alola League. I expected to sweep with the right moves/type matchups only for one or two things to still live. Fricking Acerola's Drifblim Baton Passing on me of all things wasn't expected either).
The AI wasn't cheating, but it got smarter. As it should be. I've seen Poketubers struggle against them.

If that difficulty doesn't bring itself into Galar and leave me with my ass getting whooped like it should be by the time I get to that point and its facilities I'm calling BS.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

Why would Grookey’s evolution be Grass/Normal? I guess it would get more STAB, but other than that, what would the logic be? Also (if true) would this be the first time a Pokémon gained Normal-type upon evolution?

DannyDark

Why would Grookey’s evolution be Grass/Normal? I guess it would get more STAB, but other than that, what would the logic be? Also (if true) would this be the first time a Pokémon gained Normal-type upon evolution?

The logic would be along the lines of Normal-type is the closest thing we've got to Sound-type, as it has numerous moves involving sound, and so if Grookey evolved into something music/noise related, Normal would actually make sense thematically and give it STAB sound-based moves like Boomburst, Hyper Voice and Uproar.

And I believe nothing has ever gained Normal type upon evolution?

CakeForYou

Normal would be an interesting first for a starter, but if I had to guess the final types now, I'd say:

Grookey - Grass/Dark (for the rockstar theme) with an ability like Primarina's
Scorbunny - Fire/Fighting (I didn't think they'd do it again, but with the leak's description of its movepool and design, it seems likely now)
Sobble - Water/Ghost (chosen over Dark and Poison since "spook" is a term for a spy and I can see that playing into its typing)

Last edited: