• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just saying that a likely reason Sylveon was revealed the way it was (as in, milked completely dry before release) was because it was meant to promote Fairy types as the “mascot” of Gen VI. To this day, it’s still a big representative for the typing. So seeing as there’s no new types this time around, new Eeveelutions of pre-existing types probably wouldn’t be given the same amount of pre-game promotion as Sylveon. It’s still a possibility they’ve yet to be revealed as Leafeon/Glaceon were.
They probably would anyways because Eevee and its evolutions are extremely marketable.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
With Gigantamax retro fat pikachu & long cat meowth being leaked from corocoro. We now have more evidence for the credible leak.

Snickeridoo

The most recent leak with the guy answering a ton of questions mentions that the only Kanto or Sinnoh starter to Gigantimax is Charizard and it looks like a combination of both Megas. At least on that one he's actually spot on.
That Gigantimax Charizard is close to what I pictured!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
In regards to Eeveelutions. If I wanted one for this new Gen, I'd want a Steel one.
Leafeon gets countered by Glaceon, Espeon gets countered by Umbreon. I'm just so used to the pattern I'm surprised Sylveon didn't get a counter to balance it.
So the next one I can see would be either Steel or Poison. Dragon is wanted but I feel like that can just come later. I'm not saying the pattern should continue, as Pokemon has broken patterns before, but I wouldn't mind something to counter Sylveon in the Eeveelution circle.

Dragon was a requested one, but I think with time, people felt that the Dragon-type was intentionally overpowered and that a Dragon-type Eeveelution would be similarly overpowered. Things are different now with the addition of the Fairy-type; now it wouldn't feel so overpowered, though the type still has a sort of special feel to it (even if you have relatively mundane Pokémon given the Dragon-type, like Altaria and Dragalge).

With Gigantamax retro fat pikachu & long cat meowth being leaked from corocoro. We now have more evidence for the credible leak.

Makes me wonder just how many Gigantamax-capable Pokémon species there are. Seems like there will be a lot of them.

Charizard's also the first one revealed to have previously had a Mega Evolution (and no doubt Leon will Gigantamax his Charizard). Makes me wonder if Mega Evolutions were nixed because they turned out to be TOO good (some of them, at least), creating game balance disasters like Mega Mawile, Mega Gengar, and Mega Kangaskhan, and that Gigantamax is its replacement--namely that Pokémon that still need a boost might still get a Gigantamax form, like Lopunny and Beedrill.

If this is true, I can imagine there will be a lot of outrage that this is some inferior replacement, even if their Gigantamax forms look identical to their Mega Evolutions in every way.

I'm still not entirely sure what Gigantamax actually does that's different than regular Dynamax though.

XXD17

Draco rex
The most recent leak with the guy answering a ton of questions mentions that the only Kanto or Sinnoh starter to Gigantimax is Charizard and it looks like a combination of both Megas. At least on that one he's actually spot on.
That Gigantimax Charizard is close to what I pictured!

I don't recall either of the megazards having wings made of fire though...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Maybe it's me, but... I don't think that Gigantamax Charizard looks anything like either Mega Charizard. Like, at all.

For starters, it doesn't seem to have any wings

EDIT: Never mind the wings, I thought it's wings were supposed to be the flame on it's tail for some reason.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
A part of me makes me think that the Affleck leak is actually purposefully done. Because interestingly, all that have been shown were all from the trailers... /conspiracy

Anyway, I love all of them except Charizard. I guess I'm biased because I'm tired of this Pokemon getting shoved in our faces every generation.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope that isn't what they're revealing tomorrow... even if we didn't know, that would still be disappointing as heck to just get even more Kanto related content revealed!
Just had Farfetch'd, Ponyta... and now these? At least Farfetch'd and Ponyta were cool :/

Eevee's.... ugh. Why?
Charizard looks cool, but I still think it's dumb as hell giving the species yet another form while Blastoise and Venusar seemingly get cheated?
Fat Pikachu.... eh
Meowth.... eh

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Affleck was probably a just a playtester for a few reasons:

- Seemed to know significantly more about Sobble's evolutions than Grookey or Scorbunny. Makes me think he probably picked Sobble in his play through and only fought the other two7. I also kind of suspect he hasn't seen Grookey's second stage at all.

- No mention of Bea/Allister or version exclusive gym leaders. If it was intentional and meant to show pretty much everything we're supposed to see pre-release, I would think version exclusive gym leaders would have been mentioned.

- No mention of Sirfetch'd being Sword exclusive. Version exclusives are a deal breaker for a lot of people. I feel like Sirfetch'd being Sword exclusive would have been mentioned if it was intentional. Would make sense if he played Sword and. just didn't know Sirfetch'd was Sword exclusive.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
So that's the first thing the Affleck leak got wrong, instead of Gigantamax Meowth being a spiky ball of grey fur, it's Long Cat. I can just see all the memes now...

Umm no. It mentioned gigantamax meowth being a long cat. The spiky ball of grey fur was regional form/regional evo of meowth. It's still possible that the ball part was wrong

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
So that's the first thing the Affleck leak got wrong, instead of Gigantamax Meowth being a spiky ball of grey fur, it's Long Cat. I can just see all the memes now...
No, you got it wrong. The Affleck leak said Gigantamax Meowth was Long Cat. The spiky ball of grey fur was Meowth's regional evolution.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
THAT's the thing you're doubting most? That there are no new Eevee-lutions? Honestly, if I were to believe only one thing from that 'leak' it'd be that lol. The Eevee evolutions were only given to typings that were considered 'Special' attackers back before the Physical/Special Split (+Fairy since, well...it was a new type and had it existed prior, it definitely would have been a Special Attacker). Now that every single original "Special Attack" based type has an Eevee form, I really don't expect to ever get another new one. It'd be nice, but I wouldn't really expect it at all

I'm not certain that we or won't get one but non-special eeveeultions have been considered, it was revealed a while back that umbreon was originally going to be a poison type.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Interesting stuff. Now thinking back to that “leak” claiming to be the Affleck leaker returning, mentioning a Godzilla inspired gigantamax form for Charizard, as well as for others too.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Wondering if G-PIkachu and G-Eevee will be version exclusives.

Also the biggest mystery is if Venusaur and Blastoise will get G-max forms. Mewtwo is also a high candidate.

Wondering if G-Max able Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee will still be able to evole and if the forms will only be able to use Dynamax (similar to Pikachu and Eevee exclusive Z-moves).

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Meh... The mere concept of Gigantamaxing and Dynamaxing is disappointing to me but having all these Generation One pokemon (again!) be the focus is like rubbing salt into the wound, specially with Charizard (why do they keep doing this?). That said I really like that Meowth one, it kind of reminds me of Furret, who I adore. Aside from Meowth no other Gigantamaxed pokemon has caught my attention so far