• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So do y'all think it's possible that we won't see any other stage of the starters be it middle or final before the games release?

Kangaflora

Honestly, with how dry the info has been, I'm considering just doing a mostly-blind run. At this point, we know some Galar forms, a sheep, an Imp that may or may not be real with how they refuse to acknowledge him, a doggo, and an awesome giant Raven of some kind. Oh, and a haunted teapot.

There might be others I'm forgetting right now, but if I just wait another 25 days or so (which shouldn't be hard given the info drought) I'll be able to play an almost completely blind run through a brand new pokemon game! I've never really been able to do that!

Unfortunately, the lack of information is what has so far made Generation VIII the worst advertised Generation to date. Even Generation's IV, V, VI and VII were more properly advertised thanks top the leaks and datamines we have had, and that's saying something. I'm afraid I have extremely little hope for Generation VIII. I want them to succeed, but I fear that recent lack of new information may cost them dearly in sale numbers.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Unfortunately, the lack of information is what has so far made Generation VIII the worst advertised Generation to date. Even Generation's IV, V, VI and VII were more properly advertised thanks top the leaks and datamines we have had, and that's saying something. I'm afraid I have extremely little hope for Generation VIII. I want them to succeed, but I fear that recent lack of new information may cost them dearly in sale numbers.
It will still sell well regardless of how much they're revealing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It will still sell well regardless of how much they're revealing.
Exactly. Slap the Pokémon on any game and it will sell hundreds of copies per minute. Boring unresponsive DS Racing game? Slap Pokémon on the cover and you get Pokémon Dash. A Pokédex 3DS app that costs $15 and is basically a fancier version of what you get in the games? Major seller! A typing educational game that you want to pass off as just a video game? Bam! Pokémon Typing. SwSh don’t necessarily need trailers and promos just to sell millions of copies worldwide.

DannyDark

Yeah, definitely.. The amount of comments on videos and such I've seen where it's like "GF are yet to impress me with anything they've shown thus far... still buying both versions of the game though," is honestly shocking.

Frostfall

Yeah, definitely.. The amount of comments on videos and such I've seen where it's like "GF are yet to impress me with anything they've shown thus far... still buying both versions of the game though," is honestly shocking.
Not buying both, only buying one, and only after hearing the reviewers be excited about it. It's pokemon, but this time they added sports. I love pokemon, but hate sports. I'll either end up disliking pokemon or maybe not hating sports as much (depends on how much it gives me a headache like the real thing does). Or just playing the game on mute and getting through the sports parts as fast as possible to get away from them. The wild areas sound fun and the countryside is beautiful.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not buying both, only buying one, and only after hearing the reviewers be excited about it. It's pokemon, but this time they added sports. I love pokemon, but hate sports. I'll either end up disliking pokemon or maybe not hating sports as much (depends on how much it gives me a headache like the real thing does). Or just playing the game on mute and getting through the sports parts as fast as possible to get away from them. The wild areas sound fun and the countryside is beautiful.
What sports?

Frostfall

What sports?
Basically anything with a commentator and crowd noises gives me a bad headache. Hoping they at least won't have a shouty person in the game since I haven't heard anything about an announcer yet. Not sure if crowd noises on their own in a game with the volume turned down would give me a headache. Being in a real screaming crowd would mean a definite headache, shouting announcers or not. I've been to various relatives houses that run sports on TV and play it loud. Takes hours to recover from the massive headache and tylenol doesn't really do much.
Edit: The stadiums are based on sports, you have sponsors, wear advertisements, have fans, and there's a large crowd. At least you are not fighting over a ball (at least I don't think so).
Edit2: Actually another character has fans, I'm just making an assumption you can collect some too.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Basically anything with a commentator and crowd noises gives me a bad headache. Hoping they at least won't have a shouty person in the game since I haven't heard anything about an announcer yet. Not sure if crowd noises on their own in a game with the volume turned down would give me a headache. Being in a real screaming crowd would mean a definite headache, shouting announcers or not. I've been to various relatives houses that run sports on TV and play it loud. Takes hours to recover from the massive headache and tylenol doesn't really do much.
Edit: The stadiums are based on sports, you have sponsors, wear advertisements, have fans, and there's a large crowd. At least you are not fighting over a ball (at least I don't think so).
Edit2: Actually another character has fans, I'm just making an assumption you can collect some too.
There's not gonna be a "shouty announcer" since all Pokemon games have always had voiceless dialogue. That sounds a little silly.

The closer we get, the more agonizing it becomes.

At the very least, it would be nice to be able to pre-purchase the game. I wonder when they'll start that up.

I preordered the double pack at the first opportunity. I know a preorder isn't the same thing as a prepurchase but it is for someone like me who likes having the physical copies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I preordered the double pack at the first opportunity. I know a preorder isn't the same thing as a prepurchase but it is for someone like me who likes having the physical copies.

I know it's smarter to have physical copies, but I am so sick of Game Stop, and I refuse to buy games at Walmart or Target. I'd rather get my Nintendo games directly from the eShop.

Also, pre-purchase means getting to play the game immediately at launch! :D

ObakeMouse

worlds cutest mouse 2k19
That's an interesting twist on the rumor source. I like a lot of those designs, especially the the wind-up robot. Gmax Eternatus look super cool, too. Fingers crossed that these are real!

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Somebody should ask the card designer if Eternatus is actually Poison type. Also, I’m confused about which image is Eternatus.

...not that I’m trusting this person, of course.

ObakeMouse

worlds cutest mouse 2k19
That's always a possibility! It's safest to assume that they're fake, but it's fun to speculate, and think that 'one of us' is on the inside.

Also, I’m confused about which image is Eternatus.

I think this is Eternatus- multiple individual (potential) leaks have mentioned that Eternatus has a Gmax form as its "true" form, and it's other form looks like a small, innocent dog. The Gmax form also is in the pose that Masuda made in the Game Informaer interview when asked, "is there a top-secret pokemon that hasn't been announced?" (or something of that effect), and is also in the same pose, with the same tail, as the hillside carving.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Somebody should ask the card designer if Eternatus is actually Poison type. Also, I’m confused about which image is Eternatus.

1571708508344.png

Oh, of course, all leaks are fake until proven real. But someone in that thread did note he was taking like 1-2 minutes per drawing. So if it's fake, this guy's either amazing at improv or these were drawn ahead of time (and I feel like even that would be hard to fake, given he can't predict everything people ask beyond like starter evos and stuff).

With that being said, it does mention a lot of things from the Parasect leak that was proven fake, so I'm still leaning toward it being fake.

Last edited: