• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
For the attention one would guess.
Yep. And 4chan does that a lot. It's why I take any leak that comes out of it with a huge grain of salt.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Why does these people keep lying about leaks? It's really mean in my opinion
I feel like this time around with youtubers like aDrive, Verlisify, and RuffledRowlit, who cover every single “leak” no matter how unrealistic, a lot of leaks are made just to get attention. Be able to say “I made something that was featured in a popular youtuber’s video”. I know there was that one guy who made a fake leak just to prove aDrive will cover anything

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Indeed, it's for the attention. Why do people stream games ahead of street dates, knowing they'll get in trouble for it? It's the attention.

People will do some pretty illogical, sometimes very harmful things just so they can be talked about or have a legacy. There is a certain type of mass murder (or attempted mass murder) that's become more popular lately, for instance, in which I suspect are because the murderers want to be talked about on the news and be infamous.

True, leaks aren't advertisements, but one does have to admit these games have been really under-advertised compared to the last couple of gens. One of the people who got to play for 90 minutes even noted how they seem to intentionally be keeping a lot of the game secret, given how there was a lot they saw that they weren't allowed to talk about.

I'd say what they're doing now is closer in line to what most other game companies do. People who play preview copies of games other than Pokémon are put under similar NDAs. Sometimes it's even more restrictive. There was one game company in the 90s, defunct now, that allowed shareholders and investors to play their games in advance to show that they have something to sell, but the NDAs didn't permit them to even tell others they played the game or that it existed. It was done solely so shareholders and investors wouldn't pull out thinking they weren't making anything. (That company was Midway, for the record. Their employees were under the same NDAs. Workers couldn't tell their families they were working on a game. Not just a specific game, but that they were even working at all. The NDAs also didn't permit them to say they were under NDAs. As far as the outside world was allowed to know, they'd walk into the building in the morning, then walk out that evening.)

What is unusual is the lack of early-game information. Even games kept mostly under wraps all the way until release like Super Mario Odyssey had pre-release information frontloaded. People who got to play preview copies would thus mostly see things they had already shown at E3 and such. Most likely, there is something spoilery placed early on in the game, which appears to be...

...the weaponless Zacian/Zamazenta found in the woods near the starting town, which may also explain why they haven't shown Zacian and Zamazenta's types yet.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
I feel like this time around with youtubers like aDrive, Verlisify, and RuffledRowlit, who cover every single “leak” no matter how unrealistic, a lot of leaks are made just to get attention. Be able to say “I made something that was featured in a popular youtuber’s video”. I know there was that one guy who made a fake leak just to prove aDrive will cover anything
Why I unsubbed from most of them like HDVEE. There were videos everyday about "leaks". Just got a bit annoying. BLAINES also uploaded a video regarding the recent "leak", calling the video "High Accuracy! Cross referencing NEW Leaks in Pokemon Sword and Shield".

I asked him why he has faith in this particular leak over any others and his response was: "
These are two different sources with many overlapping leaks, some of which coincide with confirmed leaks from the famous Afflek leaks, which still has a lot of similar leaks unconfirmed that overlap here" which didn't really make sense to me but what ever.

Volcarona1994

Indeed, it's for the attention. Why do people stream games ahead of street dates, knowing they'll get in trouble for it? It's the attention.

People will do some pretty illogical, sometimes very harmful things just so they can be talked about or have a legacy. There is a certain type of mass murder (or attempted mass murder) that's become more popular lately, for instance, in which I suspect are because the murderers want to be talked about on the news and be infamous.

I'd say what they're doing now is closer in line to what most other game companies do. People who play preview copies of games other than Pokémon are put under similar NDAs. Sometimes it's even more restrictive. There was one game company in the 90s, defunct now, that allowed shareholders and investors to play their games in advance to show that they have something to sell, but the NDAs didn't permit them to even tell others they played the game or that it existed. It was done solely so shareholders and investors wouldn't pull out thinking they weren't making anything. (That company was Midway, for the record. Their employees were under the same NDAs. Workers couldn't tell their families they were working on a game. Not just a specific game, but that they were even working at all. The NDAs also didn't permit them to say they were under NDAs. As far as the outside world was allowed to know, they'd walk into the building in the morning, then walk out that evening.)

What is unusual is the lack of early-game information. Even games kept mostly under wraps all the way until release like Super Mario Odyssey had pre-release information frontloaded. People who got to play preview copies would thus mostly see things they had already shown at E3 and such. Most likely, there is something spoilery placed early on in the game, which appears to be...

...the weaponless Zacian/Zamazenta found in the woods near the starting town, which may also explain why they haven't shown Zacian and Zamazenta's types yet.
Does the spoiler reference to them mean we encounter the preevo of them?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Honestly it just shows how gullible Poketubers are to me, and how you shouldn't trust them when it comes to this stuff. I remember when a fake Sobble evo went around, when the full truth was I FOLLOW the accounts of the artist (Twitter being one of them, Deviantart iirc being another) that drew the concept art of the "leak" and everything. It was not confidential art at all despite it looking so authentic, it was all public.
And not only that, the OG artist knew it was gonna be spread around as fact as well. It was kinda sad, not for the artist, but the Pokemon fandom on YT, because they literally don't bother to check their sources before making videos on it with clickbait titles, and have to have comments telling them its fake for them to realize it when it would've been clear had they fact-chacked first.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Why I unsubbed from most of them like HDVEE. There were videos everyday about "leaks". Just got a bit annoying. BLAINES also uploaded a video regarding the recent "leak", calling the video "High Accuracy! Cross referencing NEW Leaks in Pokemon Sword and Shield".

I asked him why he has faith in this particular leak over any others and his response was: "
These are two different sources with many overlapping leaks, some of which coincide with confirmed leaks from the famous Afflek leaks, which still has a lot of similar leaks unconfirmed that overlap here" which didn't really make sense to me but what ever.

These guys will gravitate toward whatever will get them views and comments. People are hungry for more information, which is the source of their views. Everything else is secondary.

Does the spoiler reference to them mean we encounter the preevo of them?

I honestly don't know. If so, then it's a Pokémon not revealed yet and they accidentally broke the rules about no mentioning of unrevealed Pokémon because they didn't recognize it as a new Pokémon. Just like how if Silvally was revealed before Type: Null, some might just think Type: Null is Silvally with a helmet on (which it technically is, but it counts as a different Pokémon in the Pokédex).

Honestly it just shows how gullible Poketubers are to me, and how you shouldn't trust them when it comes to this stuff. I remember when a fake Sobble evo went around, when the full truth was I FOLLOW the accounts of the artist (Twitter being one of them, Deviantart iirc being another) that drew the concept art of the "leak" and everything. It was not confidential art at all despite it looking so authentic, it was all public.
And not only that, the OG artist knew it was gonna be spread around as fact as well. It was kinda sad, not for the artist, but the Pokemon fandom on YT, because they literally don't bother to check their sources before making videos on it with clickbait titles, and have to have comments telling them its fake for them to realize it when it would've been clear had they fact-chacked first.

I suspect at least some of them are not actually that gullible and may be pretty savvy/intelligent. Rather, they know what to put up to generate attention, clicks, views, and discussion. They want to be the first to put up information in the hopes they'll be correct, because human memory will eventually filter out incorrect information.

This is how fortune-telling works. If what you experience matches up with what the fortune teller says, you'll remember it and feel glad you've visited. If what you experience doesn't match up, you forget about it.

Why are the threads now spoiler-prone areas?

Is there datamine I don't know about?

I think that warning is for people who want to avoid any pre-release information. Speculation-based topics are still okay, as you can see.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Why are the threads now spoiler-prone areas?

Is there datamine I don't know about?

It's just because we are nearing release and one is now more likely, I think the mods want the system to be in place before one happened so they set up spoiler threads early just in case.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
You're so right lolll
This aDrive keeps making 100 videos a day about every possible leak lol

Jason White

AspiringPsych
At this point I'm only subscribed to mandjtv and birdkeeper Toby since they don't post a video for every single leak.

With less than a month for release I'm excited and personally feel content to wait for the game to come out without needing anymore information. That said if the game is released a week earlier the spoilers will be hard to resist.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I don’t even think it’s gullibility. I think it’s just for money. Honestly, I remember RuffledRowlit covering a leak a few weeks after Sword and Shield’s announcement that said the games were set in Southeast Asia, when we already knew Galar was based off of Britain. Half the time, these poketubers talk about the leaks and end the video by saying “to me, this seems fake”

Like @Jason White said, I really am only subscribed to BirdkeeperToby and a select few others.

It’s sad, too, because people say the Pokémon community is “toxic” but it’s really not. It’s just the toxic ones speak louder (hence the spamming of their tweets on the official Pokemon’s twitter page). So many people are excellent members of the community like Joe, BirdkeeperToby, Paul Ryan, among others.

@PrinceOfFacade it’s probably in preparation for datamines. They could come in about two weeks

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
At this point I'm only subscribed to mandjtv and birdkeeper Toby since they don't post a video for every single leak.

With less than a month for release I'm excited and personally feel content to wait for the game to come out without needing anymore information. That said if the game is released a week earlier the spoilers will be hard to resist.
Like @Jason White said, I really am only subscribed to BirdkeeperToby and a select few others.

I’m wondering if it is safe to still subscribe to any Poketubers since YouTube recommendations might make random Pokémon videos pop up out of nowhere. I’ve tried going through options on the site, and nothing seems to work to remove them. I think I’ll just sign out of YouTube to use it without an account, and I’ll avoid searching anything Pokémon-related until I can play through the game.

I'll dive right in the leaks as they appear. Those discovery days with potato quality pictures, that's my favorite part before the release.

Also, I’m questioning myself whether it would be appropriate to see the third legendary in a potato quality pic or in the game itself. It would probably be much cooler to see it as you play, but I may not be able to wait if it turns out to be what I’ve been hoping it is. But generally, I’ll try to avoid looking at most of the leaks and pictures. The only things I want to see are typings for the mascots and third legendary.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Seems fake to me, but I do give them props for the designs. However, I swear I have seen that robot before.
EHeROTdXkAA6L6i.jpg
I'm rather intrigued by this page. I mean, I'm certainly not about to take this as gospel, but some creatures do correspond to Pokemon that have been confirmed:

- Number 8 looks like the squirrel/chipmunk we've seen in the stadium seats
- Number 12 does look like a potential pre-evolution of Polteageist (I'm suspecting it's going to be a teacup)
- Numbers 24 and 25 look like Rolycoly's evolutions?

Otherwise:
- ...Is 6 a Galarian Qwilfish?
- If Number 10 isn't Galarian Drifblim, then maybe it's a Gigantamax form?
- I'm praying 14 is one of the Galarian fossils
- 21 seems adorable! We need a fruit bat
- Numbers 37-39 are boss. A clock Pokemon a la Big Ben is just what we need, too
- I really hope Wooloo doesn't end up looking like 34 ultimately.

Though no love loss if this does turn out to be fake like 90% of "leaks" we've seen.

Bus

The robot's final design is very reminiscent of Melmetal:
1200px-809Melmetal.png

Marzbar

I just realized that a leak (possibly one about another Nintendo direct coming up??) mentioned a legendary Space Dolphin... and that’s a reference to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, which is very British!

So, yeah, perhaps it could happen

axelme

it honestly seems like a waste of time to me to make up fake leaks. i just dont get it. i dont see what thrill that would get people.

that being said some of the fakes have looked really good and you do wish some of them were real.

axelme

I just realized that a leak (possibly one about another Nintendo direct coming up??) mentioned a legendary Space Dolphin... and that’s a reference to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, which is very British!

So, yeah, perhaps it could happen

oh i hope not. i mean..i would love dolphin. on the list of pokemon we don't have the dolphin is one of those that is unreal to me that we don't. like..how have they not made a dolphin yet?. on the other hand i'd rather have a more traditional dolphin . or..there was a fakemon on deviantart a long time ago that was a fire/water type and had volcanic vents on it's back. that would be cool. i just cant imagine a space dolphin being even remotely okay

axelme

Seems fake to me, but I do give them props for the designs. However, I swear I have seen that robot before.

EHeROTdXkAA6L6i.jpg

some of the designs look okay

there's a minotaur here and it's not the first one to say there's one and i would love that so im hoping it's true

3 and 7 look like some sort of fennekin relation

8 could be the fire pachirisu. seems like there's a kettle on it's belly

6 looks like galar qwilfish which would be amazing

i dont even know what 9 is.

hint of jewels in 29 and 30

big ben reference in 37-39

33 and 34 possibly woolo's evolutions?. if wooloo ends up looking like that i wouldnt complain. it'd jump onto the must have list

10 is possibly a galar drifblim or an evolution?

18 and 19 are fun bugs but not what i'd expect here

again im a little concerned that no leaks ahve shown a deer..not even a galar stantler. come on guys