• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Volcarona1994

A counterpart for Eevee...? Really? XD
I doubt they would even design a new similar Pokemon against Eevee as it's one of the most famous Pokemon.
It's interesting the leak doesn't contradict at all with the leak of the TCG artist.

EDIT: didn't remember the name Intelleon for Sobble. Thank you ;)

Orphalesion

I’ll leave this here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/blazikerm/status/1186854622331396096
More than likely fake, but there are some really cool concepts in here.
That awkward moment when a leak is probably sounding much more exiting than what we'll actually get.

It's fake. The Affleck leak already confirmed Sobble's final evolution is named Intelleon.
The leaker claims to have played the French version of the game, so the name would be different.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The leaker claims to have played the French version of the game, so the name would be different.
Not necessarily. Pikachu is the same in every language. And Same the Nidoran lines, Lanturn, Togepi line, Skitty line, Regis, Pachirisu, Munna line, Flabébé line, and Meltan lines are some examples of Pokémon sharing the same name in both English and French.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
A counterpart for Eevee...? Really? XD
I doubt they would even design a new similar Pokemon against Eevee as it's one of the most famous Pokemon.

... But they design similar Pokemon to Pikachu (objectively the most famous Pokemon, being the mascot of the series) every generation. We refer to these as Pikaclones/Electric rodents (Plusle/Minun, Pachirusu, Emolga, Dedemme, Togedemaru, and now Morpeko). They haven't really done so for Eevee yet but saying that it's a famous Pokemon isn't really a great reason for why they wouldn't do it. I think a stronger argument would be that the multiple split evolutions gimmick has always been Eevee's thing and giving it to a new Pokemon all of a sudden would be a bit strange, but again just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they won't do it, an adage they prove to be true every generation.

Not necessarily. Pikachu is the same in every language. And Same the Nidoran lines, Lanturn, Togepi line, Skitty line, Regis, Pachirisu, Munna line, Flabébé line, and Meltan lines are some examples of Pokémon sharing the same name in both English and French.

The vast majority of Pokemon don't share the same names in different localizations, though, meaning that the fact that the name doesn't match up to the already all but confirmed Affleck leak could easily be explained by the fact that it's a different localization. We don't know for certain either way yet.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
... But they design similar Pokemon to Pikachu (objectively the most famous Pokemon, being the mascot of the series) every generation. We refer to these as Pikaclones/Electric rodents (Plusle/Minun, Pachirusu, Emolga, Dedemme, Togedemaru, and now Morpeko). They haven't really done so for Eevee yet but saying that it's a famous Pokemon isn't really a great reason for why they wouldn't do it. I think a stronger argument would be that the multiple split evolutions gimmick has always been Eevee's thing and giving it to a new Pokemon all of a sudden would be a bit strange, but again just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they won't do it, an adage they prove to be true every generation.
The closest we’ve gotten are Tyrogue, Clamperl, Slowpoke, Snorunt, And Burmy being able to evolve into multiple Pokémon under certain conditions. I’m not counting Kirlia, Gloom, and Poliwhirl because they are evolved Pokémon that have split evolutions. Nincada also sort of counts as a split Evolution but I am not counting it here because it’s so easy to have it evolve into Ninjask without getting Shedinja the process.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The closest we’ve gotten are Tyrogue, Clamperl, Slowpoke, Snorunt, And Burmy being able to evolve into multiple Pokémon under certain conditions. I’m not counting Kirlia, Gloom, and Poliwhirl because they are evolved Pokémon that have split evolutions. Nincada also sort of counts as a split Evolution but I am not counting it here because it’s so easy to have it evolve into Ninjask without getting Shedinja the process.

Mmmm, we have a few with two split evolutions, but never one with more than that. Even from the very beginning, Eevee had three. It now has eight. This rumor alleges two more, so call it ten for the purposes of the rumor. No other Pokemon even comes close to this, and it's clearly a gimmick currently exclusive to Eevee. I believe Eevee's Pokedex entries even mention that its genetics are unstable and prone to reacting to environmental stimuli, resulting in a number of varied evolutions. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that another Pokemon could also have the same unstable, reactionary genetic structure (of course ignoring the fact that real-world genetics don't work anything like this and the entire concept is kind of nonsensical in that context, but I digress).

Marzbar

If that big leak IS true, I am 100% loving literally everything the leaker said. Every Galarian form and new Pokémon sounded awesome. If any is confirmed in the coming weeks then my faith in GF is completely restored haha

He mentioned 3 fossils and said the unknown one was a “suction cup”. That gets me excited for a giant squid Pokémon and I could not be happier about that if it’s true.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If that big leak IS true, I am 100% loving literally everything the leaker said. Every Galarian form and new Pokémon sounded awesome. If any is confirmed in the coming weeks then my faith in GF is completely restored haha

He mentioned 3 fossils and said the unknown one was a “suction cup”. That gets me excited for a giant squid Pokémon and I could not be happier about that if it’s true.
I want it to be true too, but he said that there are more new Pokemon than in gen 5............. suspicious

Marzbar

I want it to be true too, but he said that there are more new Pokemon than in gen 5............. suspicious
Ugh just please datamine the game already! The speculation, lack of info and influx of false leaks for Gen 8 has literally caused anxiety and depression for most of 2019! I’m over it!

Also the leak mentioned love for Arbok, Ledian and Girafarig, and that is something we NEED!

What makes me lean towards believing the leak is that a lot of it matches up with the gameplay reviews from the first 90 minutes of the game. We KNOW we have a legendary encounter in the first forest for example. Also, the gyms and gym Pokémon all sound believable.

Not sure about a counterpart for Eevee with split evolutions.... but I guess that’s creative and unique? A fake leaker probably wouldn’t say something like that because it’s so unbelievable... which makes this guy legit or just brilliantly clever.

I question the lack of photos though

Volcarona1994

I won't deny I am curious to know more about the "new Eevee" (if it's real), but it would be akward because Eevee would loose what makes it so unique: the ability to evolve to different forms.
He didn't say that. He said the number of new Pokemon AND Galar Forms is more than what we got in gen 5.

janejane6178

Ugh just please datamine the game already! The speculation, lack of info and influx of false leaks for Gen 8 has literally caused anxiety and depression for most of 2019! I’m over it!

Also the leak mentioned love for Arbok, Ledian and Girafarig, and that is something we NEED!

What makes me lean towards believing the leak is that a lot of it matches up with the gameplay reviews from the first 90 minutes of the game. We KNOW we have a legendary encounter in the first forest for example. Also, the gyms and gym Pokémon all sound believable.

Not sure about a counterpart for Eevee with split evolutions.... but I guess that’s creative and unique? A fake leaker probably wouldn’t say something like that because it’s so unbelievable... which makes this guy legit or just brilliantly clever.

I question the lack of photos though
I dont understand who this person claims to be? Some1 that got hold of the games early?
And he wrote Fire/Fairy gym.. which doesnt make sense cuz we know from pics that the gym in this industrial city is probably fire type gym..

Marzbar

The leaker also said he didn't know the Grass starter line. That's because he picked the Water starter and his rival picked the Fire starter which we know is legit because they pick the type weak to you. So that's another strength of the leak. Not that I couldn't come up with that myself, but usually leakers slip up somewhere....

Also, not sure if the Zubat line needed a Galarian form.... but okay?

janejane6178

The leaker also said he didn't know the Grass starter line. That's because he picked the Water starter and his rival picked the Fire starter which we know is legit because they pick the type weak to you. So that's another strength of the leak. Not that I couldn't come up with that myself, but usually leakers slip up somewhere....

Also, not sure if the Zubat line needed a Galarian form.... but okay?
Well to be honest, it was already established that the ribal chooses the starter that is weaker against yours so he wasn't that clever in that departement o.o

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've heard about this leaker but never read the leak until now. I really do hope that it is indeed true.
Ice Volcarona and Dunsparce possibly having an evo. Please be true.

By the way, Anolispion is probably taken from Anolis, which is an actual genus or chameleons/iguana. Even if this turns out fake, at least the Pokemon names had some research put into it.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So for those who can’t access the link, here’s a recap:
•Galarian forms for Zubat and Golbat (he didn’t mention if Crobat got one) (Grass/Flying), Girafarig (Dark/Normal), Ledyba and Ledian, as well as their new evo (Bug/Fighting), Licktung (Lickilicky not mentioned) (Fairy), Larvesta and Volcarona (Bug/Ice), Phanpy and Donphan (Ground/Electric), Slakoth, Vigoroth, and their new evolution (Dark), Surskit and its new evolution (Bug/Fairy), Carvahna (Sharpedo not mentioned) (Water/Steel), Arbok (Ekans not mentioned) (Psychic/Fairy) Venipede, whirlipede, and Scolipede (Bug/Ground)
•Galarian Rapidash is a Pegasus (Psychic/Flying)
•Two pseudos (the leaker says he played Sword, and believes the pseudos are version exclusives) that you get an egg for at a House from someone who has all of the pseudo legendaries. In the leaker’s case, he got a Flying Type Griffin, while the other pseudo is a black puppy that is Dark Type
•While he didn’t mention it being a pseudo, he described a Dragon/Fairy fae Dragon line
•Three fossils: a plesiosaur (Rock/Water), a therizinosaurus (Rock/Grass), and the third one he never saw, but said the fossil was that of a suction cup
•Starters: he said he saw Scorbunny’s middle stage and it was pure Fire, Sobble’s middle becomes Water/Ghost in its second stage, and he did not see Grookey
•Evolutions for things we have seen: Impidimp does get an evolution, Rolycoly gains the Fire Type and is used by the Fire Type Gym Leader. He also said it and Impidimp’s Evolutions can gigantamax
•Lore: there’s a legend of a knight in Galar, who when he died the two legendaries took his sword and shield and now defend the region with them
•Eevee: Gets a Dragon and a Steel Evolution, as well as a counterpart (probably like that of the Pikaclones) that can evolve into three different types
•Miscellaneous new mons: Xenomorph looking Pokémon (Dark/Poison), scarecrow Pokémon (no type given), a pig Pokémon that has at least one evolution that grows wings when it gigantamaxes (Fairy) (Used by Fairy Gym Leader), Single stage narwhal (Ice/Water), mushroom Pokémon (the amount of stages weren’t given) (Fire/Poison), Book Pokémon that erases people’s memories, and stores them on its pages (Normal/Ghost) (it will do this to Hop and you’ll have to help him in the story), Robot pokemon (Fighting/Steel), antlion that evolves into a giant sand worm (Bug/Ground), Yeti pokemon that can gigantamax (Ice), Peacock (Psychic), Cramorant’s Fish is a real pokemon and is Water Type with an evolution, humanoid, moustachioed pokemon (Fighting/Dark), something called Flambino (maybe a flamingo) (no type given)
•Gigantamax form for dragonite

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
One thing that makes me a little suspicious is how much this rumor treads on the border of wishlisting/fan service. New Eeveelutions? New forms or evolutions Pokemon like Dunsparce and Ledian? A new counterpart to one of the most beloved Pokemon in the entire series?

Marzbar

Sand worm line, two new eeveelutions, a griffin and a narwhal are a little bit fan servicing, which is suspicious, but eventually GF will need to make these out of sheer running out of ideas, so why not Gen 8? It's possible we get them.

janejane6178

Sand worm line, two new eeveelutions, a griffin and a narwhal are a little bit fan servicing, which is suspicious, but eventually GF will need to make these out of sheer running out of ideas, so why not Gen 8? It's possible we get them.
How did he get access to the games, according to his claims?