• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I had a feeling it couldn't be true, but i was still hoping. Nice troll xD

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It will be a few more days before the physical copies start being shipped. We'll likely see a datamine next week.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Yeah, there was one time they refused to sell me Pokémon Battle Revolution. About a week later, GameStop had an event where stores held miniature tournaments, and another one I visited not only not hold it, but there was one guy working there who would snark at anyone who asked about it until they left the store.

It was pretty unprofessional both times, and in both cases, I suspected it was because they disliked Pokémon enough that they would not willingly associate with it.

I see a lot less of it nowadays, though I still see workers there treating male customers differently than female ones (though whether they're treated better or worse depends on the individual).

Hmm, well based on my own experiences buying from GameStop, I’ve never noticed anything like that and I’ve bought most of my used games there since I was younger. But then I guess it depends on the individual store, and I don’t go there often enough.

I prefer buying physical just because the boxes are so beautiful, I love looking at them, and the feel of opening them and having that small physical card containing the game is just so personable, whereas when it just exists digitally it's more abstract - you can't touch it. So for that reason I can even wait a couple of days for the physical editions if possible, if everyone else is ahead of you with playing the game at least the internet is full of advice about what to do where, which pokemon are available in which area, and stuff like that.

I was wondering if I wanted to get physical because as someone who likes going back and looking at the box arts of my physical games, I’m still not a fan of the art on the Sword/Shield ones. The 4th Gen and 3DS ones were pretty much the best looking ones, and I hoped they would continue making them with more colorful and detailed backgrounds. But since I’ve always gotten main series games physically, I think I’ll stick to that.

And I’ve realized some Switch games have reversible cover art, so maybe there will be reversible covers for Sword/Shield that look better? But at this point I don’t really mind anymore.

Last edited:

Bus

The 'earliest' is probably dependent on the release date. Early copies can appear about a week in advance from stores breaking the street date so with the release date being the 15th, we may see leaks form people who got an early copy around the 7th or 8th.

That's if someone breaks release date. They've been super careful with drip-feeding us info this time around so they may be super careful with their shipment of copies out to stores. It's probably impossible to avoid someone breaking the street date entirely, but if its minimized enough, it may be even later that stuff makes it out.

GreyLane

Question: if you pre ordered digitally don’t you still have to wait to download the game to play so you wouldn’t even be playing exactly at 12am?
You are able to preload the game if you buy the game digitally. That means it will already be downloaded, barring some type of update. You just need to connect to the internet to confirm the release of the game.