• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I love her <3

Dragon Darts is the best physical Dragon-type move without any drawbacks. Similar to Bonemerang, it is like an Earthquake that can break Substitutes.

However, targetting each target in double battles may not always be beneficial.

I get the feeling Dragapult requires pretty different moves between single battling and double battling, more so than usual. That being said, a spread move may still be useful even with low power like Dragon Darts. It can use Dragon Darts if both opponents havelow HP to knock them both out at once, but taking into account Dragapult's mad Speed, you are very likely to be in control of when that happens. At a base Speed of 142, I believe Dragapult is the fastest Pokémon with a spread move that doesn't also hit the ally (though anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Wishing Star looks familiar...

Eternatus' body part? Speculated to play role in D-G/Maxing.

s3dXB5.png

But isn't Jirachi already a Pokémon themed on a wishing star?

Okay, I'm I'm just gonna say it. If Eiscue has Follow Me, it will kill all Double Battles.

Just imagine it. Leftovers Eiscue uses Follow Me so Choice Band Snow Cloak Mamoswine can activate Hail, then Eiscue constantly redirects attacks while Mamoswine Earthquakes the hell out of everyone. Not an exact thought, but pretty dope in theory. Either way, Follow Me would be an interesting move for Eiscue to have.

A bit of a heads-up: Ice Face apparently only works on physical attacks. Special attacks will still pass right through that big head of Eiscue's. You have to be very careful whom you're up against, and similarly, an opponent can easily counter Eiscue by sending out a special attacker.

That's actually a theme I'm seeing with the stats of the Generation VIII Pokémon. If it isn't a glass cannon, then it likely has a very high stat on one side but below-average to low on the other. I'm seeing this with Perrserker, Galarian Stunfisk, Sandaconda, Falinks, and Duraludon on the physical side (high Defense, low Sp. Defense) and Alcremie, Cursola, Cramorant, and Frosmoth on the special side (low Defense, high Sp. Defense). Switching will be even more important than ever, even in double battles.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Is it safe to say the names of Leaked pokemon, or tms and tr's for that matter? Just wondering.

In any case
Giga drain, mystical fire, razor shell,bounce, fling,self-destruct, imprison, trick room, magical leaf, rock slide,snore, scary face,steel wing, whirlpool, will-o-wisp,swift, rock tomb, sand tomb, icicle spear, rock blast, u-turn, retaliate, snarl, draning kiss, smart strike, brutal swing and breaking swipe (dragon type move, tm 99)

Skill swap, Focus blast, Stored power, low kick, heat wave, endure,leaf blade, nasty plot, darkest lariat, sludge bomb,dazzling gleam,ice beam, scald, dragon dance, close combat
If anyone can find more trs, it would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: added a few more tr's

Last edited:

Kingudora

My favourite
Is it safe to say the names of Leaked pokemon, or tms and tr's for that matter? Just wondering.

In any case
Giga drain, mystical fire, razor shell,bounce, fling,self-destruct, imprison, trick room, magical leaf, rock slide,snore, scary face,steel wing, whirlpool, will-o-wisp,swift, rock tomb, sand tomb, icicle spear, rock blast, u-turn, retaliate, snarl, draning kiss, smart strike, brutal swing and breaking swipe (dragon type move, tm 99)

Skill swap, Focus blast, Stored power, low kick, heat wave, endure,leaf blade, nasty plot, darkest lariat, sludge bomb
If anyone can find more trs, it would be greatly appreciated.
Lots of interesting moves, really want to know who learns what.

Are the TRs re-purchasable? Much like move tutors?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I get the feeling Dragapult requires pretty different moves between single battling and double battling, more so than usual. That being said, a spread move may still be useful even with low power like Dragon Darts. It can use Dragon Darts if both opponents havelow HP to knock them both out at once, but taking into account Dragapult's mad Speed, you are very likely to be in control of when that happens. At a base Speed of 142, I believe Dragapult is the fastest Pokémon with a spread move that doesn't also hit the ally (though anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).

But isn't Jirachi already a Pokémon themed on a wishing star?

A bit of a heads-up: Ice Face apparently only works on physical attacks. Special attacks will still pass right through that big head of Eiscue's. You have to be very careful whom you're up against, and similarly, an opponent can easily counter Eiscue by sending out a special attacker.

That's actually a theme I'm seeing with the stats of the Generation VIII Pokémon. If it isn't a glass cannon, then it likely has a very high stat on one side but below-average to low on the other. I'm seeing this with Perrserker, Galarian Stunfisk, Sandaconda, Falinks, and Duraludon on the physical side (high Defense, low Sp. Defense) and Alcremie, Cursola, Cramorant, and Frosmoth on the special side (low Defense, high Sp. Defense). Switching will be even more important than ever, even in double battles.

Very true, and that is what other pokemon on the team woukd be for. This is where switching out would really come in handy.

Good point, btw.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
There is a new move known as false surrender. 80bp, 10pp, physical dark type move, never misses.
Polteagiest has really good special attack, alongside a new move called tea time, which makes both opponents and allies eat their berries if there holding one.
Mr.Rime has a new ability called Screen cleaner, which gets rid of light screen, reflect and aurora veil on both sides of the field. It's a mixed attacker with some decent bulk as well.
G Mr.Mime and Mr.Rime are known as the dancing and comedian pokemon respectively.
Some icon's for y-comm have been leaked, showing various trainer class types, some of which haven't made an appearance in a while, like artists and doctors.
There is a new item known as throat spray, which raises Sp.Atk for a pokemon after it uses a sound based move.
Falinks is known as the formation pokemon and can be found on route 8 It's also 9 foot 10 inches. G Yamask can be found on route 6.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

There is a new move known as false surrender. 80bp, 10pp, physical dark type move, never misses.
Polteagiest has really good special attack, alongside a new move called tea time, which makes both opponents and allies eat their berries if there holding one.
Mr.Rime has a new ability called Screen cleaner, which gets rid of light screen, reflect and aurora veil on both sides of the field. It's a mixed attacker with some decent bulk as well.
G Mr.Mime and Mr.Rime are known as the dancing and comedian pokemon respectively.
Some icon's for y-comm have been leaked, showing various trainer class types, some of which haven't made an appearance in a while, like artists and doctors.
There is a new item known as throat spray, which raises Sp.Atk for a pokemon after it uses a sound based move.
Falinks is known as the formation pokemon and can be found on route 8 It's also 9 foot 10 inches. G Yamask can be found on route 6.

Well guess I'll need to team up Polteageist with Appletun

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We won't know if there will be Alolan Forms in the game until a datamine happens.

Rapiido

Yea the leaker said that. I don't have the link to the source but it was posted here before leaks were removed.

Wonder if that means that Kanto Rapidash, Mr. Mime, etc. can just be traded over if the files are in. Hoping so.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Wonder if that means that Kanto Rapidash, Mr. Mime, etc. can just be traded over if the files are in. Hoping so.
The leaked dex listed Cofagrigus and Persian, likely meaning that the original variants can be transferred over. There's also the Gigantamax regular Meowth.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
New dynamax moves.
Max Phantasm, ghost type attack, lowers the targets defense.
Max Ooze, poison type attack, raises ally's special attack.
Max Wyrmwind, dragon type attack, lowers targets attack.
Max Quake, ground type attack, raises ally's special defense.
G max garbodor's move cures poison.
G max copperjah's move causes spikes.
Thwackey and Rillaboom are known as the Beat and Drummer pokemon respectively.
Indeedee is known as the emotion pokemon, the females are particularly good babysitters. It has really high special defense, high speed, respectable special attack and the ability own tempo.
Morpeko has eh stats barring speed.
Greedent has stats similar to snorlax, except their defense stats are swapped.
Skwovet and Greedent are known as the cheeky and greedy pokemon respectively

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type

The stats this gen (from what we see, they aren't confirmed yet) are very weird. Not only is mostly everything decently mixed (I dont think anything so far has had a garbage attack or special attack stat), but there are so many pokemon with similar stat spreads. Cursola and Polteageist are very similar with stat spreads, even have the same type and ability. Alcremie and Indeedee have very similar stat spreads. Even Mr. Rime falls in this. They are all slower pokemon with high special attack and special defense and low to decent everything else.

Julia Artemis

So with Indeedee existing it makes Audino utterly pointless. It almost was that already without its Mega form. Also yeah saw Morpeko's stats and its probably worse than Plusle/Minun. What a way to waste Electric/Dark typing. Also not understanding why Garbodor's G Max move would cure poisoning that seems like a waste. Was hoping for a physical attack move that would toxic an opponent

sketchersmeargle

So with Indeedee existing it makes Audino utterly pointless. It almost was that already without its Mega form. Also yeah saw Morpeko's stats and its probably worse than Plusle/Minun. What a way to waste Electric/Dark typing. Also not understanding why Garbodor's G Max move would cure poisoning that seems like a waste. Was hoping for a physical attack move that would toxic an opponent

Might be it just absorbs it into its junkheap body.