• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Polteagiest has really good special attack, alongside a new move called tea time, which makes both opponents and allies eat their berries if there holding one.
Mr.Rime has a new ability called Screen cleaner, which gets rid of light screen, reflect and aurora veil on both sides of the field. It's a mixed attacker with some decent bulk as well.

Tea Time sounds like it could really mess up some other Pokémon's strategies. In particular is the Chesto-Rest strategy, but I can see a bunch of others too (such as Persim-Teeter Dance). That being said, Tea Time could also be used to immediately trigger Acrobatics and Unburden.

Screen Cleaner sounds like Mr. Rime is basically the opposite of Mr. Mime in approach to barriers. Mr. Mime creates them; Mr. Rime tears them down.

Greedent has stats similar to snorlax, except their defense stats are swapped.

That's insane...I was thinking of having Greedent on my in-game team, but that has to be a real game-breaker if the early-game mammal of this generation gets stats that high. Well, either that or it evolves at a pretty high level. Still, early-game mammals tend to have terrible stats even when fully evolved (though some are usable, like Mightyena and Diggersby).

Also yeah saw Morpeko's stats and its probably worse than Plusle/Minun. What a way to waste Electric/Dark typing.

Plusle and Minun have base stat totals of 405. That number is the total you'd get if you added up all of Morpeko's stats at their minimum, which I don't think will be the case. The total is 500 at the highest, which basically means you can't make assumptions yet. Most likely, though, it'll be in the 440 to 460 range, which is where Togedemaru is at. (Togedemaru has all sorts of little tricks to compensate for its relatively low total though; I learned those tricks to use Togedemaru as a Celesteela counter.)

Haha I love how all the TR's are these good moves and then there's just Low Kick lol.

Low Kick can have its uses, but it really depends on what Pokémon become popular. Low Kick absolutely devastates some Pokémon, like Tyranitar, while barely affecting others, like Mandibuzz.

sketchersmeargle

Do we know all the Pokémon with Gigantamax forms?
Gengar, Charizard, Butterfree, Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Machamp, Kingler, Garbordor, Hatterene, Duraludon, Grimmsnarl, Corviknight, Drednaw, Flapple/Appletun, Copperrajah, Alcremie and Centiskortch so far

ShadowForce720

I find it strange that Garbordor is the only older Pokémon that isn’t from Generation I.

There is still a chance that there could be others that we just don't know about yet.

Gengar, Charizard, Butterfree, Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth, Machamp, Kingler, Garbordor, Hatterene, Duraludon, Grimmsnarl, Corviknight, Drednaw, Flapple/Appletun, Copperrajah, Alcremie and Centiskortch so far

You know considering the Centiskortch has a Gigantamax form, I wouldn't be that surprised if Frosmoth winds up having a Gigantamax form as well.

Orphalesion

Is this the right place to talk about the geography of Galar?
It's not story related, just about the map layout, and I don't want to go into the story spoiler thread.
I'm putting it in spoiler tags anyway.

But I'd be curious to know what other think of the fact that
there's only 10 routes? Are those routes considerably longer than in other games? Will the wild area make up for that? Will other locations such as caves and forests be larger to compensate?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So I guess
Gym Leader rematches are a thing

Seeing Darkest Lariat as a TR is the most bittersweet thing. I wasn't expecting it to stay exclusive to Incineroar but it still reminds me that my boi isn't in. At least I can use it in Smash. I wonder what will get it now

Julia Artemis

So I guess
Gym Leader rematches are a thing

Seeing Darkest Lariat as a TR is the most bittersweet thing. I wasn't expecting it to stay exclusive to Incineroar but it still reminds me that my boi isn't in. At least I can use it in Smash. I wonder what will get it now

Hopefully Purrserker gets access to that move. It'll be so fire seeing that viking steel demon cat doing that move. It almost has to be able to use it. Also I feel I'm in the minority of loving that weirdo

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is this the right place to talk about the geography of Galar?
It's not story related, just about the map layout, and I don't want to go into the story spoiler thread.
I'm putting it in spoiler tags anyway.

But I'd be curious to know what other think of the fact that
there's only 10 routes? Are those routes considerably longer than in other games? Will the wild area make up for that? Will other locations such as caves and forests be larger to compensate?

My guess is that you're expected to spend a lot of time in the Wild Area, with characters moving in and out of it, blockades being removed, and things occurring within it that you're supposed to visit. It comes across as at least five routes all together.

Orphalesion

My guess is that you're expected to spend a lot of time in the Wild Area, with characters moving in and out of it, blockades being removed, and things occurring within it that you're supposed to visit. It comes across as at least five routes all together.

So you think there might be plot/side quests happening there?

WolfCypher

So remember that new Steel type blast that Japanese fans got to name?

Anyone have any intel on that move? Is it a TM or TR? Is it exclusive to Duraludon?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So has anyone gotten a list of all the towns in the Galar region?

I've been trying to look for it, but all I get is Motostoke and Wyndon.

Julia Artemis

Mr. Rime Sound Cleaner means he can literally breakdown the 4th wall. He will surely PUNish the enemy Pokémon

Not sure I'm going to use it but totally fits the Charlie Chaplin theme of the pokemon and made me laugh when I saw it had that as an ability. So funny. But maybe not the best idea to use as its main ability hopefully it gets something better as another ability. Because getting rid of Aurora Veil seems counterintuitive for an ice type