• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Shield Dust on Frosmoth is actually useful because it can get a Quiver Dance/Tailwind up even through Fake Out. Also can’t have its stats dropped by Snarl and Icy Wind

People haven’t really caught on to this yet, but Shield Dust (effectively) makes you immune to flinching and freezing as long as the ability is active. All moves that cause these conditions also deal damage, yes, including Fling. And Stench works when a Pokémon attacks while dealing damage. So yes, Frosmoth is immune to flinches, and also has x2 immunity to freezing. Frosmoth is going to be somewhere north of RUBL, I can already tell. And it is damn pretty. Cannot wait to use it in play through.

Also, the more I keep thinking about it the more I’d like the roster to increase post game. We only have access to less than half of all Pokémon and the breeding pools are quite shallow. I will miss a lot of Pokés I’ve (and others) come to love and ones that we had potential to try out in different scenarios. Not a cool move on Game Freak’s behalf.

Julia Artemis

I mean Shield Dust is okay I guess but what would make Frosmoth truly devastating is Compound Eyes especially if it also gets access to Hurricane. Because with its Special Attack stat stab Blizzard is going to go massive damage. It has more weaknesses than Volcarona but might actually be potentially better.

DSDark

Breeder
I mean Shield Dust is okay I guess but what would make Frosmoth truly devastating is Compound Eyes especially if it also gets access to Hurricane. Because with its Special Attack stat stab Blizzard is going to go massive damage. It has more weaknesses than Volcarona but might actually be potentially better.
It could have a second ability.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Frosmoth is going to be somewhere north of RUBL, I can already tell.
Maybe. The two x4 weaknesses may hurt it quite a bit, especially with Rock types if Stealth Rocks comes back unchanged.

Though it could also be Ice-type Volcarona, in which case BL/OU would be where we see it. We do have to remember this will be a very limited meta.

DannyDark

The Earthquake Maker
Maybe. The two x4 weaknesses may hurt it quite a bit, especially with Rock types if Stealth Rocks comes back unchanged.

Though it could also be Ice-type Volcarona, in which case BL/OU would be where we see it. We do have to remember this will be a very limited meta.

I suppose it's a great candidate for that new item that protects you from entry hazards at least.
Just got done watching a video actually on how much of Ubers and OU got wiped out by Dexit, it'll certainly be interesting to see if it just ends up with the usual suspects still at the top, looking at you Aegislash.

WolfCypher

I suppose it's a great candidate for that new item that protects you from entry hazards at least.
Just got done watching a video actually on how much of Ubers and OU got wiped out by Dexit, it'll certainly be interesting to see if it just ends up with the usual suspects still at the top, looking at you Aegislash.
...and Toxapex...and Excadrill

Ground-types are going to be a necessity.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Kind of a random thought, but I wonder how many buttons Sword/Shield utilize.
In the unfortunate case that my joy cons decide to drift, I wonder if I could use my Gamecube controller.

That’s never going to happen. I could see compound eyes, swarm, or snow warning
I think that was meant as a joke.

WolfCypher

I wonder is Toxel supposed to be a literal baby Pokémon, like Pichu, as in cannot breed until it is evolved? Because I find its classification as just "Baby Pokémon" weird.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Kind of a random thought, but I wonder how many buttons Sword/Shield utilize.
In the unfortunate case that my joy cons decide to drift, I wonder if I could use my Gamecube controller.

I think that was meant as a joke.
Do u think I can use my PS2 conroller, with its cable?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The thing about the Gamecube controller is that it has a box that allows you to plug it in the front of the Switch so it can play.

I don't see how you can get all of that connected, unfortunately.
Do u connect the two joycons?