• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

WeepingHallows

According to another leak, I thought the Gigantamax Garbodor belonged to Oleana. The story leak I read wrote that she uses a Garbodor.
You're completely right! I confused Oleana and Sonia.

@Nodame I apologize for giving you the wrong info! All this info is just jumbled in my head right now since all the leaks got deleted. I don't remember anything about Sonia in the leak, but I could be wrong again. Again, I'm sorry!:oops:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Sandaconda could be a good counter

Diggersby is also back. It's probably better at dealing with Aegislash than Excadrill though. A lot of Excadrill's potency comes from its use in a sandstorm, however, which can be easily canceled out via Dynamax as a lot of Dynamax moves set weather.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Speaking of Snow Warning, now that the Tapus are out, I hope the terrain abilities are given to more Pokémon.

To be specific, I can see the Galarian Pontya line getting Misty Surge as a Hidden Ability.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So u use it instead of joy cons?
For the most part yes. Most Switch games treat the GC controller in the Wii U/Switch GC adaptor, as a Pro controller. (I myself use a 3rd party one that may end up in a flash fire.) This means LGPE doesn't support the GC controller at all.

There may be some issues in using the GC controller, as there will be the lack of "HOME" "MINUS" and "ZL" buttons. (And of course, Motion Controls, for the games that use them. Some 3rd Party Switch controller also lack them, so it's just not the GC.) With a Press embargo in place, no one has said that the GC controller will or will not work. The screen shots to date only show the buttons are present on the GC controller. The Good news: according to Nintendo Pokemon SwSh will support the Pro Controller.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Pokemon has never really used that many buttons on the other hand.

I state the GCN controller as a possibility mostly.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The main disadvantage of a Gamecube controller though, if you're using an actual Gamecube one meant for the Gamecube, is no gyro. For Pokémon Sword & Shield this means you cannot obtain Malamar or Alcremie through evolution. If there are any minigames that use motion controls, you can't use those either. (Learned the hard way that some cheap third-party Switch controllers don't have gyro either when I found myself unable to steer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as I have it set to tilt steering).

Speaking of Snow Warning, now that the Tapus are out, I hope the terrain abilities are given to more Pokémon.

To be specific, I can see the Galarian Pontya line getting Misty Surge as a Hidden Ability.

Terrain-setting was why the Tapus were a bit overpowered in the first place. Rather, like with the weather-setting abilities given to Pokémon rarely to never seen in competitive play like Pelipper and Torkoal to make them more used in them, they should do the same with terrain. The ones best suited within the Galar Pokédex, if you ask me, are as follows:

Grassy Surge - Shiinotic, due to its bulk and moves centered on healing, such as Strength Sap and Leech Seed
Electric Surge - Lanturn, as its low Speed for an Electric-type makes it the one most vulnerable to being put to sleep; could also use a boost in its Electric-type moves
Misty Surge - Slurpuff, to give it a use the way Aromatisse did (briefly)
Psychic Surge - Musharna, as this is the sort of thing I can see Musharna do

(And I know they already have two abilities plus a Hidden Ability; perhaps they can replace the less useful one with the Surge abilities.)

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
I saw Togepi is in Sw/Sh. I want to do a fairy monotype game and I really want Togekiss to be my main mon. Togepi has always been a gift Pokemon, but I was hoping that he might just be a rare spawn or something. Has any leaker come across Togepi in the wild or is this another case of getting a single egg from a daycare or is Togepi a gift for a milestone of some sort?

Basically, if anyone has any idea how soon I can get my hands on him, I'd appreciate the info. I will more than get by with Hatterene and Alcremie until then, but I want to get him asap.

DSDark

Breeder
The main disadvantage of a Gamecube controller though, if you're using an actual Gamecube one meant for the Gamecube, is no gyro. For Pokémon Sword & Shield this means you cannot obtain Malamar or Alcremie through evolution. If there are any minigames that use motion controls, you can't use those either. (Learned the hard way that some cheap third-party Switch controllers don't have gyro either when I found myself unable to steer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as I have it set to tilt steering).

Terrain-setting was why the Tapus were a bit overpowered in the first place. Rather, like with the weather-setting abilities given to Pokémon rarely to never seen in competitive play like Pelipper and Torkoal to make them more used in them, they should do the same with terrain. The ones best suited within the Galar Pokédex, if you ask me, are as follows:

Grassy Surge - Shiinotic, due to its bulk and moves centered on healing, such as Strength Sap and Leech Seed
Electric Surge - Lanturn, as its low Speed for an Electric-type makes it the one most vulnerable to being put to sleep; could also use a boost in its Electric-type moves
Misty Surge - Slurpuff, to give it a use the way Aromatisse did (briefly)
Psychic Surge - Musharna, as this is the sort of thing I can see Musharna do

(And I know they already have two abilities plus a Hidden Ability; perhaps they can replace the less useful one with the Surge abilities.)
Why would not having the gyro limit alcremie? Not having gyro should only limit malamar

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Don't you find surprise encounters fun? Imagine running into a new Pokemon that you haven't seen. Sounds fun. I never experienced such thing :<
I think its more imporrant encountering character u dont know and plot twitsts etc...
I wanted to see all Pokemon so I know which ones to catch

Nodame

Misty <3
I think its more imporrant encountering character u dont know and plot twitsts etc...
I wanted to see all Pokemon so I know which ones to catch
I didn't spoil myself on the story so that's good. But I saw all the Gym masters lol and their team. I couldn't resist not seeing Opal. Have you seen them?

Kingudora

My favourite
Move: Body Press
Type: Fighting
Category: Physical
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10
Description: The higher the user's Defense, the more damage it does to the target.

Move: Jaw Lock
Type: Dark
Category: Physical
Description: Prevents the user and the target from switching out until either of them faints or if either Pokémon leaves the field.

Move: Magic Powder
Type: Psychic
Category: Status
Power: -
PP: 20
Description: Changes the target to Psychic-type.

Move: Overdrive
Type: Electric
Category: Special
Description: The user attacks opposing Pokémon by twanging a guitar or bass guitar, causing a huge echo or strong vibration.

Personal Comments:
Body Press:
Okay, first of all, I've been wanting a move like this for years. At least if it does what I think it does, using the Defense stat for attack calculation instead of Attack. Second of all, please let Shuckle be able to learn this.

Jaw Lock:
I like that it seems to be a new biting move and that it has an interesting effect. What I don't like is that it is seemingly another Dark-type biting move, when there are other types that would want biting moves.

Magic Powder:
A psychic version of Soak. Not much else I can say, but I'm glad there other versions of that move.

Overdrive:
Yeaaah babey!! Guess who's signature move this is? Toxtricity! Most certainly a sound move and gets boosted by Punk Rock. Also, I think it is funny that the description specifies "a guitar or bass guitar".