• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I didn't spoil myself on the story so that's good. But I saw all the Gym masters lol and their team. I couldn't resist not seeing Opal. Have you seen them?
Nope I didnt see them and I hope it stays that way:)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Move: Body Press
Type: Fighting
Category: Physical
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10
Description: The higher the user's Defense, the more damage it does to the target.

Move: Jaw Lock
Type: Dark
Description: Prevents the user and the target from switching out until either of them faints or if either Pokémon leaves the field.

Move: Magic Powder
Type: Psychic
Category: Status
Power: -
PP: 20
Description: Changes the target to Psychic-type.

Move: Overdrive
Type: Electric
Category: Special
Description: The user attacks opposing Pokémon by twanging a guitar or bass guitar, causing a huge echo or strong vibration.

Personal Comments:
Body Press:
Okay, first of all, I've been wanting a move like this for years. At least if it does what I think it does, using the Defense stat for attack calculation instead of Attack. Second of all, please let Shuckle be able to learn this.

Jaw Lock:
I like that it seems to be a new biting move and that it has an interesting effect. What I don't like is that it is seemingly another Dark-type biting move, when there are other types that would want biting moves.
Magic P
owder:
A psychic version of Soak. Not much else I can say, but I'm glad there other versions of that move.

Overdrive:
Yeaaah babey!! Guess who's signature move this is? Toxtricity! Most certainly a sound move and gets boosted by Punk Rock. Also, I think it is funny that the description specifies "a guitar or bass guitar".
Is it from datamine? That is all the new moves?

Nodame

Misty <3
Looking like Polteageist is gonna be pretty strong it's move relearner list at 62 is

Teatime
Strength Sap
Astonish
Withdraw
Aromatic Mist
Mega Drain
Protect
Sucker Punch
Aromatherapy
Giga Drain
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Memento
Shell Smash
Nice. I am thinking of adding it to my team since I am so in love with its design.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Description: The higher the user's Defense, the more damage it does to the target.

Description: Prevents the user and the target from switching out until either of them faints or if either Pokémon leaves the field.

Description: The user attacks opposing Pokémon by twanging a guitar or bass guitar, causing a huge echo or strong vibration.

Personal Comments:
Body Press:
Okay, first of all, I've been wanting a move like this for years. At least if it does what I think it does, using the Defense stat for attack calculation instead of Attack. Second of all, please let Shuckle be able to learn this.

Jaw Lock:
I like that it seems to be a new biting move and that it has an interesting effect. What I don't like is that it is seemingly another Dark-type biting move, when there are other types that would want biting moves.

Magic Powder:
A psychic version of Soak. Not much else I can say, but I'm glad there other versions of that move.

Overdrive:
Yeaaah babey!! Guess who's signature move this is? Toxtricity! Most certainly a sound move and gets boosted by Punk Rock. Also, I think it is funny that the description specifies "a guitar or bass guitar".
Im guessing your getting the info from the cesspool that is /vp/.

Kingudora

My favourite
Is it from datamine? That is all the new moves?
No, not all moves and not from a datamine. From the same leaker as before.

Im guessing your getting the info from the cesspool that is /vp/.
Thankfully, I did not (seriously everyone don't bother going there, it is so full of vitriol. and slurs). I got those from Sword & Shield Fully Evolved Base Stats google docs spreadsheet.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Personal Comments:
Body Press:

Jaw Lock:

Magic Powder:

Overdrive:
Where’d you get this info? Did you actually travel down to the internet hell that is 4Chan? Edit: Nevermind, just saw your other post.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer

Personal Comments:
Body Press:

Jaw Lock:

Magic Powder:

Overdrive:
What I'm wondering is where does the guitar come from
for Overdrive, since Toxitricity doesn't seem to have anything like one on its body. Perhaps it creates one made out of pure electricity, i.e. a truly electric guitar? Kind of like how when Lucario uses Bone Rush in the anime it creates a bone construct out of its own magical energies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Someone’s currently streaming the game. Beware of story spoilers.

WolfCypher

Kind of like how when Lucario uses Bone Rush in the anime it creates a bone construct out of its own magical energies.

Minor off topic nitpick (this reply doesnt reveal the spoilery stuff in the post Im replying to...)

But I always wondered in the anime, if Lucario is creating a bone from Aura, and its not a real bone, why is Lucario's Bone Rush Ground-type instead of Fighting?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Minor off topic nitpick (this reply doesnt reveal the spoilery stuff in the post Im replying to...)

But I always wondered in the anime, if Lucario is creating a bone from Aura, and its not a real bone, why is Lucario's Bone Rush Ground-type instead of Fighting?
I've long maintained the theory that pokemon types, including of moves, are dependent on the energy used rather than their physical form. Since Bone Rush requires Ground type energy, it will always be Ground type (unless altered by another move or ability). Aura energy probably is typeless on its own, since it is energy every living thing is stated to possess, and Aura Sphere is Fighting type simply because that is the type of energy the move requires to form. That is the pokemon takes neutral life energy within itself and gives it the Fighting attribute.

That a neutral energy exists in pokemon can also be seen as hinted at in the fact that pokemon can generally use moves of many different types beyond the types that their own body consist of. Protean ability would then involve a pokemon with the ability to adapt this neutral energy to such an extent that not only can they use moves of types different from their own, but they can change their own body's natural typing.