• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I just had a thought. If we are getting DP remakes next, we won’t be able to locally trade or battle between DP and SwSh since not all Pokémon are in SwSh. I can’t remember off-hand what the DPt Dex looks like, so I don’t know how many from that Dex is in SwSh, so, unless we aren’t getting DP remakes, they would have to add all DPt Dex Pokemon that aren’t in the SwSh Dex for the above to be feasible.

ShadowForce720

I just had a thought. If we are getting DP remakes next, we won’t be able to locally trade or battle between DP and SwSh since not all Pokémon are in SwSh. I can’t remember off-hand what the DPt Dex looks like, so I don’t know how many from that Dex is in SwSh, so, unless we aren’t getting DP remakes, they would have to add all DPt Dex Pokemon that aren’t in the SwSh Dex for the above to be feasible.
Not necessarily, as look at it how it was handled between Pokemon Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as in those games Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had 5 brand new pokemon that weren't and Sun and Moon at all, so the way this was handled in those games is if you wanted to battle or trade with someone who is playing Sun and Moon while playing Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon you could as long as you didn't have pokemon or items that your pokemon is holding that weren't in Sun and Moon and only introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

So basically with potential DP remakes how it would work is if your playing the DP remakes and you want to battle or trade with some one who is playing Sword and Shield you just have to make sure that in the case of battle that you don't have pokemon or items that your pokemon are holding that aren't in Sword & Shield when you battle them or when you trade with them that your not offering them a pokemon or a pokemon that is holding a item that isn't in Sword & Shield.

DaddyOak

so I've done some digging in earlier quotes by devs in the past.

pokemon company had a totally different vision back in the day during the heart gold soulsilver era. why didnt morimoto direct sword & shield why did it have to be matsuda might have done the series quality in the 3ds and now sword & shield some good.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
so I've done some digging in earlier quotes by devs in the past.

pokemon company had a totally different vision back in the day during the heart gold soulsilver era. why didnt morimoto direct sword & shield why did it have to be matsuda might have done the series quality in the 3ds and now sword & shield some good.

I wonder how different things would be if previous people came back to be the directors of the games. Interestingly though, Masuda directed the BW games, but also XY, so he must have changed his beliefs in favor of the idea of mobile games at some point for Gen 6. Who knows if the previous directors have changed their beliefs towards that as well.

Just for reference, the directors of what are considered the “best” games were:

Takeshi Kawachimaru (Platinum)

Shigeki Morimoto (Emerald and Heartgold/Soulsilver)

Takao Unno (Black2/White2)

shadowF

Honestly I'm hoping for a B2W2 like sequels. I feel like leaving Galar so soon will be honestly disappointing. Maybe we can get both Galar sequels and DP remakes. Sort of what 3rd gen had with FRLG and Emerald
Doubt it to be honest, I can see Ultra versions but not sequels. They completed everyone's stories with no hole to fill up, they even gave stories and futures to all the characters as well. It's quite nice honestly since it makes it feel like they gave us a complete story in Sword and Shield when in the past it felt like not everyone's stories were wrapped up.

Julia Artemis

I wonder how different things would be if previous people came back to be the directors of the games. Interestingly though, Masuda directed the BW games, but also XY, so he must have changed his beliefs in favor of the idea of mobile games at some point for Gen 6. Who knows if the previous directors have changed their beliefs towards that as well.

That's a tough call. But I probably have to go with Morimoto since Emerald and HGSS are great but B2W2 is a close second. I wonder why Unno hasn't directed a game since than, it's so good!

DaddyOak

Those are my top 4 mainline pokemon games for sure no questions asked.

I don't think we'll ever get that quality era back though but who knows.

ShadowForce720

No new ones
Well actually if I recall the datamines did find spots for 2 new mythical pokemon but the actually new mythical pokemon themselves and any information about them was pretty much not left in the games so we have no way of knowing what they are until Gamefreak decides to official reveal them and launch a update to put them into the games.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Well actually if I recall the datamines did find spots for 2 new mythical pokemon but the actually new mythical pokemon themselves and any information about them was pretty much not left in the games so we have no way of knowing what they are until Gamefreak decides to official reveal them and launch a update to put them into the games.
Oh yea thats true. Thanks. I forgot about that

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
I know it may be a bit early to bring this up, buuuut...

I was surprised that the Musketeers were included as being transferrable to SS, but not the Regis. I mean, I expected either both or neither, since they all fit into the 8th Gen's Sword/Shield motif, but jus the sword ones? I found that disappointing, until I noticed something strange on the Serebii main site's list of moves that are unusable in these games. The move Wring Out, learnable by several pokemon in previous games, is completely unusable in Sword/Shield, and yet its physical counterpart Crush Grip, learnable by only one pokemon, is still useable despite said pokemon not even being available. The only conclusion that makes any sense? Assuming it wasn't an uncharacteristic oversight by GameFreak, the Regi's will be making it into 8th Gen, sooner or later. I wonder how, exactly, they plan to do it.... Thoughts?

Also, why the Distortion World would they just make all of those old moves unuseable?!? Sure, besides the Z-moves, most were either unlearnable or useless, but a few were really handy to have! For example, Signal Beam wasn't the strongest move by any measurement, but it was a good one for a number of Electric types, at least. And no more Return? Unconscionable!

Auraninja

Try to understand.
There seems to be a little flip-flop in that:

Flapple learns Grav Apple, and Appletun learns Apple Acid.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Interesting to see someone considers Black 2 and White 2 as their favorite, considering, if I recall correctly, that was the one with the lowest review scores in the west. I suppose things will always be seen differently from the creators' perspective though.

I know it may be a bit early to bring this up, buuuut...

I was surprised that the Musketeers were included as being transferrable to SS, but not the Regis. I mean, I expected either both or neither, since they all fit into the 8th Gen's Sword/Shield motif, but jus the sword ones? I found that disappointing, until I noticed something strange on the Serebii main site's list of moves that are unusable in these games. The move Wring Out, learnable by several pokemon in previous games, is completely unusable in Sword/Shield, and yet its physical counterpart Crush Grip, learnable by only one pokemon, is still useable despite said pokemon not even being available. The only conclusion that makes any sense? Assuming it wasn't an uncharacteristic oversight by GameFreak, the Regi's will be making it into 8th Gen, sooner or later. I wonder how, exactly, they plan to do it.... Thoughts?

Also, why the Distortion World would they just make all of those old moves unuseable?!? Sure, besides the Z-moves, most were either unlearnable or useless, but a few were really handy to have! For example, Signal Beam wasn't the strongest move by any measurement, but it was a good one for a number of Electric types, at least. And no more Return? Unconscionable!
I think, more likely, the team ran out of time and couldn't put all of the moves in. It doesn't benefit anybody to have some of these moves lacking (especially since Vespiquen made it in and not Heal Order, for instance).

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Interesting to see someone considers Black 2 and White 2 as their favorite, considering, if I recall correctly, that was the one with the lowest review scores in the west. I suppose things will always be seen differently from the creators' perspective though.
I’ve often seen them labeled as the pinnacle of Pokémon games due to their large amount of content and great quality, especially as the last games for the DS. It looks like lots of fans describe the DS era as a time when the series released the best games overall. I’ve also been noticing Gen 5 appreciation threads on Reddit recently. There are probably a lot of Gen 5 fans on there, but it’s also that people who are upset about Sword and Shield seem to have gained a lot more appreciation for BW/BW2 for trying many new things for the series.

Pokemon Power

Honestly I'm hoping for a B2W2 like sequels. I feel like leaving Galar so soon will be honestly disappointing. Maybe we can get both Galar sequels and DP remakes. Sort of what 3rd gen had with FRLG and Emerald
DP remakes I can agree with, but since Eternatus, the third legendary, has a role in Sword and Shield's story, I don't think we'll get sequels. Though I would be into two new versions of the Johto adventure.