• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just pointing this out in case you don’t know but Galarian Slowking is not coming out in the Isle of Armor DLC, as it’s not going to be available until Crown Tundra in late 2020. So while Galarian Slowpoke and Galarian Slowbro are in the Isle of Armor, when it comes to Galarian Slowking even if you wan to try it out you will have to wait until Crown Tundra.
That's what I meant. I have a feeling that Galarian Slowking will be a strong pokemon, but I'm going to evolve my Slowpoke into a Slowbro now rather than wait for the Crown Tundra this Fall

ShadowForce720

That's what I meant. I have a feeling that Galarian Slowking will be a strong pokemon, but I'm going to evolve my Slowpoke into a Slowbro now rather than wait for the Crown Tundra this Fall

oh okay, although it’s not like you really have to pick in choose between them when you can catch or breed a second Galarian Slowpoke. So basically you could use Galarian Slowbro in Ike of Armor like you plan to and then when Crown Tundra comes out you can evolve your second Gslarian Slowpoke into a Galarian Slowking in use it in the Crown Tundra.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
For my Sword team, the only pokemon I have planned for now are Rapid Strike Urshifu, Galarian Slowbro, and Dusk Form Lycanroc. I originally wanted to get the Single Strike form, but I think Rapid Strike would work better since it could count as my Water type starter and since it feels like the opposite of most of my pokemon (ones based on speed, bulk and power, also mostly Fire types), it works with the Isle of Armor's theme of growth. I have that I rarely used since the Galar League that I've been waiting to train once the DLC comes out, and while Slowking may end up being a powerful pokemon, I'm going to take a chance and try out Slowbro instead. As for Lycanroc, I never got the chance to fully use the Dusk form in USUM, so this would be a good chance to make up for it.

While I'm not sure who I'd use for the rest of my team yet, I know my reserves would include G-Max Cinderace, and at least several Water types with different specialties.

Was Dusk Lycanroc confirmed? I know we saw one form of Lycanroc in the initial trailer, but I don't think it was Dusk. (Of course, there's a pretty good chance Dusk Lycanroc will make it in, but the way you got a Dusk-capable Rockruff in the Alola games was weird.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Was Dusk Lycanroc confirmed? I know we saw one form of Lycanroc in the initial trailer, but I don't think it was Dusk. (Of course, there's a pretty good chance Dusk Lycanroc will make it in, but the way you got a Dusk-capable Rockruff in the Alola games was weird.)
Pretty sure it was Midday, but I’m under the assumption that if one form is confirmed, they’re all confirmed. Plus, I bred a few Own Tempo Rockruff that I transferred to Pokémon Home, so I can either use one of them or breed another one.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Pretty sure it was Midday, but I’m under the assumption that if one form is confirmed, they’re all confirmed. Plus, I bred a few Own Tempo Rockruff that I transferred to Pokémon Home, so I can either use one of them or breed another one.

True. I ought to do that too.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It is sort of like the Karrablast/Escavillier situation. We saw Escavillier in SwSh trailers but not Accelgor but it was evident that the Shelmet line would be in the games because you need a Shelmet to get Escavillier and there was no way GF would just drop that evolution method because it was still possible to do unlike Feebas’ Maxed out Beauty requirement. I’m guessing that the Lycanroc forms are still time based as usual except Twilight happens at the same time you can get Milcery to evolve into a Rainbow Swirl Alcreamie.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
So with Aurorus confirmed for Crown Tundra, and every fossil aside from Sinnoh getting an updated set from the Home datamine, I’d love to see a place in Crown Tundra where fossils are still alive and roaming. I think kind of like that place in the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, inside the tree where the fossils lived. Either that or I guess another fossil reviver will be there. Either way, I’d love to see the genuine forms of the Galar fossils
That would be nice, especially if you could get hidden ability fossils there.

The mian thing I'm hoping for in the DLC is some variety in the single-player gameplay. The main storyline had a real lack of side-quests and minigames. I want a full on battle facility like Emerald's, with a variety of trick battles. Plus something to make the max raids more bearable.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
That would be nice, especially if you could get hidden ability fossils there.

The mian thing I'm hoping for in the DLC is some variety in the single-player gameplay. The main storyline had a real lack of side-quests and minigames. I want a full on battle facility like Emerald's, with a variety of trick battles. Plus something to make the max raids more bearable.
On this note, I’m hopeful. The direct in January stated that “new battle challenges” await you after beating the story of the main game and the two dlcs, and while saying this it showed a uniform with a symbol similar to the league’s, but also similar to the statues seen in Sinnoh’s battle frontier. I’m not saying we will get a battle frontier, but it does seem we will get some facility at least. And if I’m honest, a battle frontier could be possible in my eyes. The DLC is giving fans a lot of desired things (new Regis, Galarian birds, more regional variants, and returning mons) so I wouldn’t be too surprised.

if they do indeed do this, I would like to see a facility implementing the new restricted sparring battle style

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m hoping that we get some actual puzzles to solve in the Crown Tundra. Something like the Ruins of Alph puzzles but not as confusing since a couple of the Alph puzzles had pieces that looked identical to another piece. Maybe one where there are symbols on these tiles and we must figure which symbols are used to unlock a passage and we press the tile in.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I’m hoping that we get some actual puzzles to solve in the Crown Tundra. Something like the Ruins of Alph puzzles but not as confusing since a couple of the Alph puzzles had pieces that looked identical to another piece. Maybe one where there are symbols on these tiles and we must figure which symbols are used to unlock a passage and we press the tile in.
Definitely. And being able to explore caves further and actually dig for treasure.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I’m also hoping the Relic items return and we can sell them for very high prices just like previous games. Maybe have the Relic Crown being found in an old abandoned castle full of ghosts and an Aegislash as the guardian of the treasure.
Been thinking of this myself as the relic crown bears a striking resemblance to Zacian’s crown. It also could help to explain the lore behind Unova’s Relic castle, as we didnt get much from that, and it could have a connection to Galar, given the real world Britain-US history. That said, Crown Tundra is based off of Scotland, so maybe they won’t go that route. I’d sure love it if they did tho!

KingstonUponHulbury

Been thinking of this myself as the relic crown bears a striking resemblance to Zacian’s crown. It also could help to explain the lore behind Unova’s Relic castle, as we didnt get much from that, and it could have a connection to Galar, given the real world Britain-US history. That said, Crown Tundra is based off of Scotland, so maybe they won’t go that route. I’d sure love it if they did tho!

Scots played a disproportionately large role in the British Empire. The Stuart line of kings, under which the first British colonies were established in the Americas, were a Scottish family. :)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yeah, its been ages since there was a decent cave to explore. DPPt and BW had loads. But the l ast three regions have been too straight-forward for an RPG of this era.
I thought that the Frost Cavern in Kalos was decent. I’ve gotten lost in it before because of the many entrance openings throughout the cave and the sliding on ice paths.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I thought that the Frost Cavern in Kalos was decent. I’ve gotten lost in it before because of the many entrance openings throughout the cave and the sliding on ice paths.
Yea that was pretty good. But it would be nice to see a return to more exploring.

ShadowForce720

It is sort of like the Karrablast/Escavillier situation. We saw Escavillier in SwSh trailers but not Accelgor but it was evident that the Shelmet line would be in the games because you need a Shelmet to get Escavillier and there was no way GF would just drop that evolution method because it was still possible to do unlike Feebas’ Maxed out Beauty requirement. I’m guessing that the Lycanroc forms are still time based as usual except Twilight happens at the same time you can get Milcery to evolve into a Rainbow Swirl Alcreamie.

I just hope they don’t decide on making it so that outside of Dusk Lycanroc you can only evolve your normal Rockruff into Midday Lycanroc in Sword and Midnight Lycanroc in Shield.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m wondering if a Rockruff will still need Own Tempo to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc? And if so, how will get one and be able to tell it has Own Tempo?